    sometimes in the middle of a thread Does anyone know what is going on?
    --
    Yours S.

    Soup, Sep 24, 2005

  2. Soup

    John Holmes Guest

    Soup blabbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > Sometimes when I look at headers I can't seem to see the I.P. numbers of
    > people (usually I get it from NTTP posting host). Looked to see if
    > there was a pattern to this but sometimes was the start of a thread and
    > sometimes in the middle of a thread Does anyone know what is going on?

    Look at /my/ headers, what do you see?

    --
    Your mother was a bloated fraudster who farted constantly in brothels.

    John Holmes, Sep 24, 2005

  3. Soup

    soup Guest

    John Holmes wrote:
    > Look at /my/ headers, what do you see?

    An I.P. that doesn't exist.
    213.186.256.12
    --
    This post contains no hidden meanings, no implications and certainly no
    hidden agendas so it should be taken at face value. The wrong words

    soup, Sep 24, 2005
  4. Soup

    John Holmes Guest

    soup blabbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > John Holmes wrote:
    >> Look at /my/ headers, what do you see?

    > An I.P. that doesn't exist.
    > 213.186.256.12

    You're sharp today, eh? On the other hand, you couldn't get a clue during
    the clue mating season in a field full of horny clues if you smeared your
    body with clue musk and did the clue mating dance, now would you?

    --
    Your mother was an unwelcome devil who stole laundry in petrol stations.

    John Holmes, Sep 24, 2005
  5. Soup

    Mike Easter Guest

    Soup wrote:
    > Sometimes when I look at headers I can't seem to see the I.P. numbers
    > of people (usually I get it from NTTP posting host). Looked to see if
    > there was a pattern to this but sometimes was the start of a thread
    > and sometimes in the middle of a thread Does anyone know what is
    > going on?

    What exactly are you trying to do when you are looking at the headers re
    the posting IP? Are you trying to become a meatspace identity sleuth?
    A stalker? Or what?

    Many newsservers do not stamp the posting IP. Some posters anonymize
    with mail2news. Some headers contain forged information.

    When a Path: contains no forgery, you can trace the news route thru' the
    path from left to right. The Path: information can also be forged prior
    to injection, but the 'left' side which is the last part before you get
    it is the true part and the sleuthing of a path with initial forgery is
    to determine where the true part ends and the bogosity begins -- which
    is a little bit like chaining Received tracelines for email backwards
    down the headers.

    One way to learn about Paths is to look at a lot of them, both honest
    ones and forged ones. It is also useful to look at the same honest
    message path and forged message path on different news servers to
    acquaint yourself with different 'last parts' compared to same 'first
    parts' - where last part is the left part and first part is the 'right'
    part of the Path sequence.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Sep 24, 2005
  6. Soup

    Mike Easter Guest

    Mike Easter wrote:
    > Soup wrote:

    >> Sometimes when I look at headers I can't seem to see

    > When a Path: contains no forgery, you can trace the news route

    Let's look at your own message Path on two different servers.

    <bangs spaced for wrapping ease>

    news-out.octanews.net! news.glorb.com! transit.nntp.hccnet.nl!
    transit1.nntp.hccnet.nl! border2.nntp.ams.giganews.com!
    nntp.giganews.com! pe2.news.blueyonder.co.uk! blueyonder!
    pe1.news.blueyonder.co.uk! blueyonder! text.news.blueyonder.co.uk!
    53ab2750! not-for-mail

    That honest path went from blueyonder to readfreenews and has no
    forgery.

    This is your same message path on a different newsserver, teranews,
    which is a nntp servers reseller:

    nntpserver.com! newsfeed-west.nntpserver.com! news2.euro.net!
    border2.nntp.ams.giganews.com! nntp.giganews.com!
    pe2.news.blueyonder.co.uk! blueyonder! pe1.news.blueyonder.co.uk!
    blueyonder! text.news.blueyonder.co.uk! 53ab2750! not-for-mail

    Read the paths backwards: Notice that they are identical from
    blueyonder thru' giganews but then the paths diverge or fork to go into
    the nntpserver system for the 2nd vs the hccnet system to feed the RFN
    system in the 1st one.

    The Path information can be used to help deal with the bogosity of
    forged headers. Comparing the same bogus headers on two different
    servers can help identify where the truth ends and the bogosity begins.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Sep 24, 2005
  7. Soup

    soup Guest

    Mike Easter wrote:
    > What exactly are you trying to do when you are looking at the headers
    > re the posting IP? Are you trying to become a meatspace identity
    > sleuth? A stalker? Or what?

    A or what, yesterday there were some people (on Blueyonder) who wanted
    to know what UBR they were on this was fairly easy to do as there I.P.
    was easy to see. So as I had left "full headers" on view I was still
    getting a full listing so out of idle curiosity was still loking for
    I.P. number, however with some posts there I.P. could not be seen, so no
    big thing going on just me being nosy.

    <snip full description of how some headers have I.P.s and how some
    don't>
    T.Y. for that Mike.

    soup, Sep 24, 2005
  8. Soup

    Rebecca Guest

    Soup wrote:
    > Sometimes when I look at headers I can't seem to see the I.P. numbers
    > of people (usually I get it from NTTP posting host). Looked to see if
    > there was a pattern to this but sometimes was the start of a thread
    > and sometimes in the middle of a thread Does anyone know what is
    > going on?

    The ISP's here in Nepal do not use IP addresses.

    Rebecca, Sep 24, 2005
  9. Soup

    John Holmes Guest

    Rebecca blabbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > Soup wrote:
    >> Sometimes when I look at headers I can't seem to see the I.P. numbers
    >> of people (usually I get it from NTTP posting host). Looked to see if
    >> there was a pattern to this but sometimes was the start of a thread
    >> and sometimes in the middle of a thread Does anyone know what is
    >> going on?

    > The ISP's here in Nepal do not use IP addresses.

    *PMSL*

    --
    Your mother was an evil-smelling hobo who flirted outrageously in a
    mortuary.

    John Holmes, Sep 24, 2005
  10. Soup

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Sat, 24 Sep 2005 08:53:04 -0700, "Rebecca"
    <> wrote:

    >The ISP's here in Nepal do not use IP addresses.

    And you are basing that statement on what?

    Evan Platt, Sep 24, 2005
  11. On Sat, 24 Sep 2005 09:25:33 -0700, Evan Platt
    <> wrote:

    >On Sat, 24 Sep 2005 08:53:04 -0700, "Rebecca"
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>The ISP's here in Nepal do not use IP addresses.

    >And you are basing that statement on what?

    Whhooooossshhhhh!

    Shane Matthews, Sep 24, 2005
  12. Soup

    pcbutts1 Guest

    **** man, even I understand. And I'm an idiot fucktard ****.

    Read her headers.

    --
    Latest pcbutts1 lie:
    " I just left small claims in a case I filed against a troll I identified.

    pcbutts1, Sep 24, 2005
  13. Soup

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Sat, 24 Sep 2005 13:15:36 -0700, Shane Matthews
    <> wrote:

    >Whhooooossshhhhh!

    Duuhhhh.. Apparently a big whoosh.

    Evan Platt, Sep 25, 2005