    S D Guest

    with new recorders how often must the heads be cleaned ( if ever ) ?
    what product is used for this ? SD

    S D, Dec 26, 2009

  2. S D

    FatBytestard Guest

    On Sat, 26 Dec 2009 15:21:30 -0500, (S D) wrote:

    >with new recorders how often must the heads be cleaned ( if ever ) ?
    >what product is used for this ? SD

    This is a DVD group.

    We don' need no stinking heads!

    Much less head cleaners.

    Are ALL of you WebTV dopes sub 40 IQ idiots?

    FatBytestard, Dec 26, 2009

  3. S D

    kaboom Guest

    kaboom, Dec 27, 2009
  4. S D

    Gilgamesh Guest

    "FatBytestard" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 26 Dec 2009 15:21:30 -0500, (S D) wrote:
    >
    >>with new recorders how often must the heads be cleaned ( if ever ) ?
    >>what product is used for this ? SD

    > This is a DVD group.
    >
    > We don' need no stinking heads!
    >
    > Much less head cleaners.
    >
    > Are ALL of you WebTV dopes sub 40 IQ idiots?

    Unless the OP made the honest mistake of confusing head cleaning with lens
    cleaning.
    What type of idiot wouldn't recognise that?

    Gilgamesh, Dec 27, 2009
  5. S D

    FatBytestard Guest

    On Sun, 27 Dec 2009 18:34:52 +1030, "Gilgamesh" <>
    wrote:

    >"FatBytestard" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sat, 26 Dec 2009 15:21:30 -0500, (S D) wrote:
    >>
    >>>with new recorders how often must the heads be cleaned ( if ever ) ?
    >>>what product is used for this ? SD

    >> This is a DVD group.
    >>
    >> We don' need no stinking heads!
    >>
    >> Much less head cleaners.
    >>
    >> Are ALL of you WebTV dopes sub 40 IQ idiots?

    >Unless the OP made the honest mistake of confusing head cleaning with lens
    >cleaning.
    >What type of idiot wouldn't recognise that?

    Except that they do not need that operation either. What part of "No
    user serviceable parts are contained inside this assembly" do you not
    understand?

    Also, what idiot would think that a spinning scrub pad disc would
    perform the function?

    So, since it requires opening the case of the device to perform the
    lens cleaning PROPERLY, one should consider the cancellation of one's
    warranty when considering such a move. Much less the fact that if one
    needs to ask such a question as this, one has no business inside the case
    of such a device to begin with.

    In other words, without familiarity with the device in question, what
    makes you think that a mere layman user could perform a professional
    level service task on a precision optical device?

    Oh... that's right... you bought the "cleaning disc".

    FatBytestard, Dec 27, 2009
  6. S D

    S D Guest

    like a lens could not attract dust

    S D, Dec 29, 2009
  7. On Tue, 29 Dec 2009 13:51:24 -0500, (S D) wrote:

    >like a lens could not attract dust

    It would present no more of an "attraction" than any other element of
    the device, and it would NOT be a "cleaner disc" serviceable task. It
    has to be manually cleaned with the case of the player OPEN.

    Also, if it is playing ANY discs, then it is NOT "dirty".

    My laser disc player lasted 18 years and the failure was a power supply
    failure.

    It NEVER had ANY lens cleaning event, and it NEVER failed to track a
    disc, and they were 12", so there was more dust around too!

    It is more likely just a shit brand, and we all know that one gets what
    one pays for.

    Capt. Cave Man, Dec 30, 2009
  8. S D

    S D Guest

    just for accuracy : I was questioning recorders , not players, and only
    possibilities

    S D, Jan 1, 2010
  9. On Fri, 1 Jan 2010 09:54:51 -0500, (S D) wrote:

    >just for accuracy : I was questioning recorders , not players, and only
    >possibilities

    Even more retarded. A burner drive (recorder) would burn a dust
    particle off of the surface of its lens.

    They need cleaning even less often.

    Mine:

    LaserDisc player: 18 years, never cleaned, always worked.

    About fifty PC 5.25" form factor CD readers, and never needed cleaning.

    Back then most read failures were due to a sagging lens suspension that
    moved the lens outside the range that the lens positioner could manage it
    within.

    DVD era:

    About 30 players, none of which have ever needed cleaning.

    HDDVD: Never in what four years.

    BluRay: 4 players and all work just fine and get used daily.

    Conclusion, dopes like you exhibit paranoia and make assessments about
    the status of a piece of hardware, even though it is outside the realm of
    your ability to grasp how it operates.

    Sure... a store is going to try to relieve you of some of your wallet
    thickness. That is what they do.

    That doesn't mean that what they are trying to sell you doesn't fall
    into the "snake oil" category.

    Archimedes' Lever, Jan 1, 2010
  10. S D

    S D Guest

    Put your lever up your ass

    have a nice day

    S D, Jan 4, 2010
  11. Re: Put your lever up your ass

    On Mon, 4 Jan 2010 16:13:07 -0500, (S D) wrote:

    >have a nice day

    WebTV retards are so much fun to poke at.

    After all, they like getting reamed month after month by Microsoft.

    You are AN IDIOT! and likely a sumbitch too...

    Bwuahahahahahahaha!

    Herbert John \Jackie\ Gleason, Jan 5, 2010
  12. Re: Put your lever up your ass

    On Tue, 5 Jan 2010 09:21:50 -0800, "The Mighty T.B."
    <> wrote:

    >"Herbert John "Jackie" Gleason" aka Archtard farted:
    >
    >> On Mon, 4 Jan 2010 16:13:07 -0500, (S D) wrote:
    >>
    >>>have a nice day

    >> WebTV retards are so much fun to poke at.
    >>
    >> After all, they like getting reamed month after month by Microsoft.
    >>
    >> You are AN IDIOT! and likely a sumbitch too...
    >>
    >> Bwuahahahahahahaha!

    >Coming from some moron who gleefully bragged about having "Cox," (heh) you
    >don't have any room to talk, sparky.
    >
    >Might be about time to run you outta avdvd once again, dontcha think? Think
    >another beatdown might remind you of your place, Archtard?

    You're an idiot. I haven't gone anywhere, and the gap between my posts
    and your retarded horseshit proves that, dumbfuck.

    THAT is YOUR place. Too stupid to even research your own put down
    attempt. I have been here the whole time, just look at the post listing,
    dipshit.

    Herbert John \Jackie\ Gleason, Jan 6, 2010
  13. Re: The Lowly TB, the alt.video.dvd total retard

    On Wed, 6 Jan 2010 09:57:08 -0800, "The Mighty T.B."
    <> wrote:

    >"Herbert John "Jackie" Gleason" aka "Archtard" whined:
    >
    >> You're an idiot. I haven't gone anywhere, and the gap between my posts
    >> and your retarded horseshit proves that, dumbfuck.
    >>
    >> THAT is YOUR place. Too stupid to even research your own put down
    >> attempt. I have been here the whole time, just look at the post listing,
    >> dipshit.

    >My "put down attempt?" Awwww, should I get you a binky? You should change
    >your revolving screen name to "a.v.dvd crybaby." HA!
    >
    >You're the object of ridicule from anyone bothering to read and reply to
    >your drivel. Live with it, fat boy.
    >
    >T.B.

    Ridicule? Hahahaha.. I am doing fine, retard boy. You don't see me in
    here asking absolutely retarded questions. We DO see you in here giving
    absolutely retarded answers to those retarded questions that those
    retards ask, however.

    In fact, I don't think I have ever seen you providing anyone with any
    worthwhile assistance that was worth a shit. That pretty much makes you
    a retarded, characterless wuss.

    Archimedes' Lever, Jan 7, 2010
  14. Re: The Mighty Retarded TB and his Might Retarded Parents, the alt.video.dvd total retard

    On Thu, 7 Jan 2010 08:38:35 -0800, "The Mighty Retarded T.B."
    <> wrote:

    >There you have it, folks.

    The Mighty Retarded TB is a goddamned retard. Nothing more. Never will
    be anything more... never was anything more.

    His fucktard parents are the real prize though. They are the retarded
    motherfucking bastards that didn't flush the sub-human piece of shit that
    the Mighty Retarded TB is, and they are criminals for not flushing the TB
    piece of shit, the moment that retarded bitch shat you out of her
    retarded bitch ass.

    Archimedes' Lever, Jan 8, 2010
  15. S D

    UpYerNose Guest

    Re: The Mighty Retarded TB, the alt.video.dvd total retard and his Mighty Retarded Parents

    On Thu, 07 Jan 2010 16:40:40 -0800, Archimedes' Lever
    <> wrote:

    >On Thu, 7 Jan 2010 08:38:35 -0800, "The Mighty Retarded T.B."
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>There you have it, folks.

    > The Mighty Retarded TB is a goddamned retard. Nothing more. Never will
    >be anything more... never was anything more.
    >
    > His fucktard parents are the real prize though. They are the retarded
    >motherfucking bastards that didn't flush the sub-human piece of shit that
    >the Mighty Retarded TB is, and they are criminals for not flushing the TB
    >piece of shit, the moment that retarded bitch shat you out of her
    >retarded bitch ass.

    Yes, I must agree...

    UpYerNose, Jan 8, 2010
  16. S D

    scorpius Guest

    The Mighty Retarded TB, the alt.video.dvd total retard and his Mighty Retarded Parents

    On Fri, 8 Jan 2010 08:29:50 -0800, "The Mighty T.B."
    <> wrote:

    snipped retarded pussy boy comments.

    No, it is how I spread the word about how retarded you AND your fucked
    in the head parents are.

    scorpius, Jan 8, 2010