He Was Drafted!

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by One-Shot Scot, Nov 8, 2004.

  1. Maj. Margaret "Hot Lips" Houlihan: "I wonder how a degenerated person
    like that could have reached a position of responsibility in the Army
    Medical Corps?"

    Father John Patrick "Dago Red" Mulcahy: "He was drafted."

    That was one of the funniest lines in M*A*S*H, one of my favorite DVDs.
    It's almost as fully as this line:

    George W. Bush: "Forget all this talk about a draft. We're not going to
    have a draft so long as I'm the president."

    But Congress is spring-loaded with two pending bills: Senate Bill 89 and
    House Resolution 163, collectively known as the "Universal National
    Service Act of 2003" which will assure that the Selective Service is
    prepared to manage a draft if and when the President and the Congress so
    direct.

    And the storm clouds are gathering:

    TEHRAN (Reuters) - Iran threatened on Monday to strike back at
    Israel or any other country that attacked its nuclear facilities.

    U.S. and Israeli officials accuse Iran of seeking to develop atomic
    bombs under cover of a civilian nuclear program. Iran denies the
    charges saying it only intends to produce electricity from nuclear
    power plants.

    "If Israel or any other country attacks any site in Iran, we know no
    limits to threaten their interests," Deputy Revolutionary Guards
    Commander Mohammad-Baqer Zolqadr said.

    "That means anywhere in the world, within their borders or outside
    it," he told reporters on Monday on the sidelines of an anti-U.S.
    conference in Tehran.

    http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory?id=235315

    http://www.breakthechain.org/exclusives/newdraft.html
    One-Shot Scot, Nov 8, 2004

  2. One-Shot Scot

    Mike Kohary Guest

    One-Shot Scot wrote:

    > George W. Bush: "Forget all this talk about a draft. We're not going
    > to have a draft so long as I'm the president."

    This is off-topic. Please take it somewhere else.

    Mike Kohary, Nov 8, 2004

  3. "Mike Kohary" <> wrote in message
    > One-Shot Scot wrote:
    > >
    > > George W. Bush: "Forget all this talk about a draft. We're not
    > > going to have a draft so long as I'm the president."

    > This is off-topic. Please take it somewhere else.

    Now that the election is over, I thought it would be interesting to
    conduct a fishing expedition and see if the "draft" people had gone
    away. So far, neither of them has taken the bait:

    jasmine <>

    Bob <>

    This has now become a mostly DVD newsgroup again.
    One-Shot Scot, Nov 9, 2004
  4. Dont post this shit here
    John339077353, Nov 9, 2004