He Tells it like it is !!!

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by ANovice, Nov 22, 2007.

  1. ANovice

    ANovice Guest

    "They're standing on the corner and they can't speak English.
    I can't even talk the way these people talk:
    Why you ain't,
    Where you is,
    What he drive,
    Where he stay,
    Where he work,
    Who you be...
    And I blamed the kid until I heard the mother talk.
    And then I heard the father talk.

    Everybody knows it's important to speak English
    except these knuckleheads. You can't be a doctor
    with that kind of crap coming out of your mouth.
    In fact you will never get any kind of job making a
    decent living. People marched and were hit in the
    face with rocks to get an education, and now
    we've got these knuckleheads walking around.
    The lower economic people are not holding up
    their end in this deal.

    These people are not parenting. They are buying
    things for kids. $500 sneakers for what ? ?

    And they won't spend $200 for Hooked on Phonics.

    I am talking about these people who cry when their son is
    standing there in an orange suit.

    Where were you when he was 2 ? ?

    Where were you when he was 12 ? ?

    Where were you when he was 18 and how come you didn't know that he had a
    pistol ? ?

    And where is the father ? ? Or who is his father ?

    People putting their clothes on backward:
    Isn't that a sign of something gone wrong?

    People with their hats on backward, pants down around the crack, isn't that
    a sign of something ? ?

    Or are you waiting for Jesus to pull his pants up ?

    Isn't it a sign of something when she has her dress all the way up and got
    all type of needles [piercing] going through her body?

    What part of Africa did this come from??

    We are not Africans. Those people are not Africans;
    they don't know a thing about Africa .

    With names like Shaniqua, Taliqua and Mohammed and all of that crap,
    and all of them are in jail.

    Brown or black versus the Board of Education is no longer the white person's
    problem.

    We have got to take the neighborhood back.
    People used to be ashamed. Today a woman has eight children with eight
    different 'husbands' -- or men or whatever you call them now.

    We have millionaire football players who cannot read.

    We have million-dollar basketball players who can't write two paragraphs.
    We, as black folks, have to do a better job.
    Someone working at Wal-Mart with seven kids, you are hurting us.

    We have to start holding each other to a higher standard.
    We cannot blame the white people any longer."

    Dr. William Henry "Bill" Cosby, Jr., Ed.D.
    ANovice, Nov 22, 2007

  2. ANovice

    doS Guest

    who am you?

    doS, Nov 22, 2007

  3. ANovice

    HEMI-Powered Guest

    ANovice added these comments in the current discussion du jour

    > "They're standing on the corner and they can't speak English.
    > I can't even talk the way these people talk:
    > Why you ain't,
    > Where you is,
    > What he drive,
    > Where he stay,
    > Where he work,
    > Who you be...
    > And I blamed the kid until I heard the mother talk.
    > And then I heard the father talk.

    how about he axed me? or "ho"? I always thought the latter was
    spelled "hoe" and was used to get rid of weeds in one's garden.
    kids do in fact learn from their parents and their teachers. if
    either or neither know themselves how to speak proper English,
    including spelling, usage, and grammar, and they are so lazy or
    so stupid as to let those in their charge get by without, then it
    is sad, sad, sad. what is more sad, though, is that the kids who
    grow up and try to get a job simply cannot comprehend why
    employers do not want to hire them.

    > Everybody knows it's important to speak English
    > except these knuckleheads. You can't be a doctor
    > with that kind of crap coming out of your mouth.
    > In fact you will never get any kind of job making a
    > decent living. People marched and were hit in the
    > face with rocks to get an education, and now
    > we've got these knuckleheads walking around.
    > The lower economic people are not holding up
    > their end in this deal.
    >
    > These people are not parenting. They are buying
    > things for kids. $500 sneakers for what ? ?
    >
    > And they won't spend $200 for Hooked on Phonics.
    >
    > I am talking about these people who cry when their son is
    > standing there in an orange suit.
    >
    > Where were you when he was 2 ? ?
    >
    > Where were you when he was 12 ? ?
    >
    > Where were you when he was 18 and how come you didn't know
    > that he had a pistol ? ?
    >
    > And where is the father ? ? Or who is his father ?
    >
    > People putting their clothes on backward:
    > Isn't that a sign of something gone wrong?
    >
    > People with their hats on backward, pants down around the
    > crack, isn't that a sign of something ? ?
    >
    > Or are you waiting for Jesus to pull his pants up ?
    >
    > Isn't it a sign of something when she has her dress all the
    > way up and got all type of needles [piercing] going through
    > her body?
    >

    > What part of Africa did this come from??
    >
    > We are not Africans. Those people are not Africans;
    > they don't know a thing about Africa .
    >
    > With names like Shaniqua, Taliqua and Mohammed and all of that
    > crap, and all of them are in jail.
    >
    > Brown or black versus the Board of Education is no longer the
    > white person's problem.

    I'm not sure where you're going with the above 2 paragraphs, but
    I personally believe that citizens of the United States are
    Americans, period. They aren't hyphenated Americans nor are they
    known as some race or ethnic group or religious group whether
    used properly or via some disparaging slur. I NO problem
    whatsoever with ALL ethnic and religious groups and ALL citizens
    of foreign counties living and working here and enjoying the same
    freedoms, rights, and protections as any other citizens. In
    short, I see everyone as the same color. Moreover, I see
    absolutely NO problem with -Americans maintaining their national
    heritage, religious teachings and habits, regional dress, or
    anything else that reminds them and their children that it is
    important to be true to your old nationality and religion as well
    as your new nationality, that of the United States of American. I
    will also extend the same basic ideas to those who legally enter
    this country and abide by its laws and customs, but I have
    nothing but contempt for those who enter illegally, partake in
    benefits they neither pay for nor deserve, and especially do not
    like anyone, legal or illegal but particularly illegals,
    committing crimes and somehow being above or beyond the law.

    > We have got to take the neighborhood back.
    > People used to be ashamed. Today a woman has eight children
    > with eight different 'husbands' -- or men or whatever you call
    > them now.
    >
    > We have millionaire football players who cannot read.
    >
    > We have million-dollar basketball players who can't write two
    > paragraphs. We, as black folks, have to do a better job.
    > Someone working at Wal-Mart with seven kids, you are hurting
    > us.

    I see your point, but what does that say about those who pay the
    pro teams such outlandish ticket prices as to "justify" player
    salaries like that? in short, what does all of this have to say
    about the dumbing down of American society, which is happening at
    an alarmingly accelerating rate and is hardly only in the poorer
    neighborhood previously known as black ghettos. you don't have to
    be any ethnic group or any income group to be stupid, not to be
    able to read, write, and speak English, nor teach same to your
    kids.

    --
    HP, aka Jerry

    "Never complain, never explain" - Henry Ford II
    HEMI-Powered, Nov 23, 2007
  4. ANovice

    Thip Guest

    "HEMI-Powered" <> wrote in message
    > ANovice added these comments in the current discussion du jour
    >
    > how about he axed me? or "ho"? I always thought the latter was
    > spelled "hoe" and was used to get rid of weeds in one's garden.
    > kids do in fact learn from their parents and their teachers. if
    > either or neither know themselves how to speak proper English,
    > including spelling, usage, and grammar, and they are so lazy or
    > so stupid as to let those in their charge get by without, then it
    > is sad, sad, sad. what is more sad, though, is that the kids who
    > grow up and try to get a job simply cannot comprehend why
    > employers do not want to hire them.

    True story:
    I work in a prison, taught there my first 6 years. One of the teachers was
    decorating her classroom for Christmas and had some shiny "HoHoHo!" strips
    she was suspending from the ceiling. The students--inmates--came in and
    absolutely read her the riot act for having such trash right out in the open
    like that.
    Thip, Nov 23, 2007
  5. ANovice

    doS Guest

    it refered to their girlfriends.

    doS, Nov 23, 2007
  6. ANovice

    HEMI-Powered Guest

    Thip added these comments in the current discussion du jour ...

    >> how about he axed me? or "ho"? I always thought the latter
    >> was spelled "hoe" and was used to get rid of weeds in one's
    >> garden. kids do in fact learn from their parents and their
    >> teachers. if either or neither know themselves how to speak
    >> proper English, including spelling, usage, and grammar, and
    >> they are so lazy or so stupid as to let those in their charge
    >> get by without, then it is sad, sad, sad. what is more sad,
    >> though, is that the kids who grow up and try to get a job
    >> simply cannot comprehend why employers do not want to hire
    >> them.

    > True story:
    > I work in a prison, taught there my first 6 years. One of the
    > teachers was decorating her classroom for Christmas and had
    > some shiny "HoHoHo!" strips she was suspending from the
    > ceiling. The students--inmates--came in and absolutely read
    > her the riot act for having such trash right out in the open
    > like that.

    Sounds like you fell prey to a common double-standard. One
    paricular race can call there women "ho" or "bitch" but those not
    of the same race cannot. It annoys and saddans me that people
    increasingly like to place a race card or religious card against
    those who are different than them, and worse, they like to assert
    freedoms, rights, and protections - which is fine - but at YOUR
    or MY expense. That last time I looked the Bill of Rights does
    NOT define those attributes as a zero sum game where for one
    group to assert themselves, rightfully or wrongfully, means that
    some or all the other groups must somehow lose something. But, if
    one who has had their freedoms, rights, or protections
    compromised under this scenario, then THEY are accused of being
    racist or violating others civil rights. I simply do not
    understand why ALL Americans cannot give ALL other Americans the
    very same good deal they themselves would like to enjoy; in
    short, I see NO reason for double standards whatsoever and it
    pains me that some people want to remove things like the 10
    Commandments or a Nativity Scene from a public place. OK, you
    want to erect yours, fine by me, just let me keep mine. This
    country was founded on Judeo-Christian principles but certainly
    by the time of the great influx of European immigrants in the
    late 19th century and in later years from the Orient and the
    Middle East, to name just two, it would seem that all of this CAN
    peacefully co-exist. Or, am I missing something pretty basic
    here?

    HEMI-Powered, Nov 23, 2007
  7. ANovice

    elaich Guest

    "Thip" <> wrote in

    > I work in a prison, taught there my first 6 years. One of the
    > teachers was decorating her classroom for Christmas and had some shiny
    > "HoHoHo!" strips she was suspending from the ceiling. The
    > students--inmates--came in and absolutely read her the riot act for
    > having such trash right out in the open like that.

    I actually read that they are trying to ban Santa from saying "ho ho ho."
    Jump in there with the holiday tree. The dumbing down of America is almost
    complete.

    --
    A: Because it disturbs the logical flow of the message.
    Q: Why is top posting frowned upon?
    elaich, Nov 23, 2007
  8. ANovice

    Guest

    elaich <|@|.|> wrote:

    >"Thip" <> wrote in
    >
    >> I work in a prison, taught there my first 6 years. One of the
    >> teachers was decorating her classroom for Christmas and had some shiny
    >> "HoHoHo!" strips she was suspending from the ceiling. The
    >> students--inmates--came in and absolutely read her the riot act for
    >> having such trash right out in the open like that.

    >I actually read that they are trying to ban Santa from saying "ho ho ho."

    And change his red suit to green, cause everybody knows a red Santa
    was just to sell Coca Cola. :) http://tinyurl.com/39vsr3
    --

    2007 Black Friday Buying Guide
    Excel spreadsheet or HTML
  9. wrote:
    > elaich <|@|.|> wrote:
    >
    >>"Thip" <> wrote in
    >>
    >>> I work in a prison, taught there my first 6 years. One of the
    >>> teachers was decorating her classroom for Christmas and had some shiny
    >>> "HoHoHo!" strips she was suspending from the ceiling. The
    >>> students--inmates--came in and absolutely read her the riot act for
    >>> having such trash right out in the open like that.

    >>I actually read that they are trying to ban Santa from saying "ho ho ho."

    > And change his red suit to green, cause everybody knows a red Santa
    > was just to sell Coca Cola. :) http://tinyurl.com/39vsr3

    I *hope* everyone doesn't "know" that false UL.

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    Blinky the Shark, Nov 23, 2007
  10. ANovice

    Guest

    Blinky the Shark <> wrote:

    > wrote:
    >> elaich <|@|.|> wrote:
    >>
    >>>"Thip" <> wrote in

    >>>I actually read that they are trying to ban Santa from saying "ho ho ho."

    >> And change his red suit to green, cause everybody knows a red Santa
    >> was just to sell Coca Cola. :) http://tinyurl.com/39vsr3

    >I *hope* everyone doesn't "know" that false UL.

    I wouldn't think anyone would associate a red Santa with Coca cola,
    that's what made the article so odd.

    As a side note, years ago our family lived next door to a Coca Cola
    distributor. at christmas he gave us a really neat Santa doll with a
    coke in his hand. It's still displayed each christmas.

    But I've always associated red Santa as a good time, and when young
    some very sleepless nights.
    --

    Child abuse or college prank gone wrong?
    Preschool teacher ducktapes children to classroom wall
  11. Blinky the Shark wrote:
    > wrote:
    >> elaich <|@|.|> wrote:
    >>
    >>>"Thip" <> wrote in

    >>>I actually read that they are trying to ban Santa from saying "ho ho ho."

    >> And change his red suit to green, cause everybody knows a red Santa
    >> was just to sell Coca Cola. :) http://tinyurl.com/39vsr3

    > I *hope* everyone doesn't "know" that false UL.

    I forgot to paste the link:

    http://www.snopes.com/cokelore/santa.asp

    Blinky the Shark, Nov 23, 2007
  12. ANovice

    thanatoid Guest

    "doS" <> wrote in

    > who am you?
    >
    > "ANovice" <> wrote in message
    >> "They're standing on the corner and they can't speak English.
    >> I can't even talk the way these people talk:

    Not even the subjects of the post would say that. Don't be *too*
    clever. It rarely works.

    And don't top-post.
    thanatoid, Nov 23, 2007
  13. wrote:
    > Blinky the Shark <> wrote:
    >
    >> wrote:

    >>> And change his red suit to green, cause everybody knows a red Santa
    >>> was just to sell Coca Cola. :) http://tinyurl.com/39vsr3

    >>I *hope* everyone doesn't "know" that false UL.

    > I wouldn't think anyone would associate a red Santa with Coca cola,
    > that's what made the article so odd.

    For the terminally gullible, here's the link I forgot to past earlier.
    My bad.

    Blinky the Shark, Nov 23, 2007
  14. ANovice

    thanatoid Guest

    "HEMI-Powered" <> wrote in

    > ANovice added these comments in the current discussion du
    > jour ...
    >
    >> "They're standing on the corner and they can't speak
    >> English. I can't even talk the way these people talk:
    >> Why you ain't,
    >> Where you is,
    >> What he drive,
    >> Where he stay,
    >> Where he work,
    >> Who you be...
    >> And I blamed the kid until I heard the mother talk.
    >> And then I heard the father talk.

    > how about he axed me?

    My favorite is "I could care less". I STILL can not believe any
    thinking person is capable of saying that.

    >or "ho"?

    I think that's kind of cute, like trying to avoid saying a word
    people could object to (i.e. whore, just in case someone reading
    wasn't sure) and saying something quite innocuous instead. And I
    find it funny. The subject of referring to all women as hos and
    bitches is another thing, but the black guys sure do get some
    hot chicks...

    > I always thought the latter
    > was spelled "hoe" and was used to get rid of weeds in one's
    > garden. kids do in fact learn from their parents and their
    > teachers. if either or neither know themselves how to speak
    > proper English, including spelling, usage, and grammar, and
    > they are so lazy or so stupid as to let those in their
    > charge get by without, then it is sad, sad, sad. what is
    > more sad, though, is that the kids who grow up and try to
    > get a job simply cannot comprehend why employers do not
    > want to hire them.

    I really hate to say it, but proper sentence capitalization is
    part of the rules whose death you mourn in the above paragraph.

    <SNIP>

    >> With names like Shaniqua, Taliqua and Mohammed and all of
    >> that crap, and all of them are in jail.

    Actually Shaniqua is hilarious, and even black people on TV make
    fun of that name. In all fairness, I think proper names should
    be exempt.
    I mean, one of the geniuses of the last century called his kids
    Moon Unit and Dweezil, and I once had my computer serviced by a
    young gentleman called "Sky".

    >> Brown or black versus the Board of Education is no longer
    >> the white person's problem.

    > I'm not sure where you're going with the above 2
    > paragraphs, but I personally believe that citizens of the
    > United States are Americans, period. They aren't hyphenated
    > Americans nor are they known as some race or ethnic group
    > or religious group whether used properly or via some
    > disparaging slur. I NO problem whatsoever with ALL ethnic
    > and religious groups and ALL citizens of foreign counties
    > living and working here and enjoying the same freedoms,
    > rights, and protections as any other citizens. In short, I
    > see everyone as the same color. Moreover, I see absolutely
    > NO problem with -Americans maintaining their national
    > heritage, religious teachings and habits, regional dress,
    > or anything else that reminds them and their children that
    > it is important to be true to your old nationality and
    > religion as well as your new nationality, that of the
    > United States of American. I will also extend the same
    > basic ideas to those who legally enter this country and
    > abide by its laws and customs, but I have nothing but
    > contempt for those who enter illegally, partake in benefits
    > they neither pay for nor deserve, and especially do not
    > like anyone, legal or illegal but particularly illegals,
    > committing crimes and somehow being above or beyond the
    > law.

    I /sense/ minor contradictions in the above paragraph, but the
    real problem is that is doesn't even begin to cover the
    complications which arise when mixing cultures.

    Even though only the most ignorant still think christianity is
    the only religion around, the 25th of December remains a
    national holiday in the majority of the civilized world,
    including countries which officially do not promote/support any
    particular "faith" (read: "stupidity" - another subject
    entirely).

    A real long time ago some Polish guy invented a language called
    Esperanto which was very simply constructed and easy to learn
    and was intended to make communication between people world-over
    easier. About 40 years ago the explanation in encyclopedias as
    to why it didn't take off was that English has largely
    supplanted the need for such a language. Still, this being 2007,
    has it? MOST of the world speaks Chinese and some form of
    Spanish. Many people seem unwilling or unable to learn ANY other
    than their mother tongue. (Of course, they would never learn
    Esperanto either.)

    Have any of you ever thought WHY there are Chinatowns in most
    major cities? Many Chinese are incredibly hostile/indifferent to
    the cultures to which they have moved and simply REFUSE to
    interact with non-Chinese. I DO know Chinese people who speak
    English better than most whites, so I believe it is a matter of
    choice. One of the complaints about the illegal Mexicans is the
    same, although most people seem to concentrate on their relative
    savagery and ignorance.

    The Dutch keep on posting to English NG's in Dutch. I know they
    once practically ran the whole world, but are they just taking
    it out on everyone because New York City is no longer called
    "New Amsterdam"? And they ALL speak English just fine, just like
    all Swedes etc. do.

    >> We have to start holding each other to a higher standard.
    >> We cannot blame the white people any longer."
    >>
    >> Dr. William Henry "Bill" Cosby, Jr., Ed.D.

    Cosby, as much as I like and respect him for a variety of silly
    reasons, Tetragrammaton Records and being funny as hell being 2
    of them, is considered by many blacks as a perfect example of a
    "white" black who sold out to the white society and is basically
    a "traitor".

    Personally, I think 95% of rap music (I find about 5% quite
    listenable) just about evens the score ;-#

    The funny thing is that it is mostly white kids who want to be
    "cool" that buy rap. And the baggy pants now so in vogue, it was
    once explained to me years ago when it started, are that way
    because prison clothes never fit, and being in prison is cool,
    so kids dress that way to be cool. (Feel free to correct me - it
    made sense to me but it was never "officially" verified.)

    IOW, is there ANY hope for the human race, of whatever color or
    persuasion?

    The baggy pants thing brings up another interesting subject...
    WHY is the percentage of blacks in prison so totally off
    compared to the non-prison black population? Maybe rap music
    HASN'T evened out the score... Maybe the score can NEVER be
    evened.

    The black man in the US has MANY reasons for revenge. One could
    argue that Mexicans do as well, even though their "gov't" *sold*
    the best parts of Mexico to the US, although in a way /not
    unrelated/, IMO, to the fact that the northern border of the US
    (excluding Alaska of course - which was full of natural goodies)
    is largely a straight line, life above which (with the exception
    of VERY few places) verges on unbearable due to the climate and
    distances.

    (Speaking of Canada, having lived there for a long time, one of
    the biggest problems - BESIDES the snow - the country has always
    faced is the two languages thing. 99% of Quebec speaks French
    and hates the English and 99% of the rest of the country speaks
    English and hates AND fears the Quebecois (it seems a weird
    characteristic of the English-speaking North American to fear
    the unknown...)

    ALL the gov't forms have to be in both languages, ALL the gov't
    employees have to speak both languages, even though there may be
    only ONE person of the "other language" persuasion in their
    community, ALL the cities have to have radio and TV stations in
    both languages - even though the amount of people listening
    to/watching the French ones in English provinces is laughably
    tiny if not practically non-existent... It all costs an awful
    lot of money and just reminds the two groups of their mutual
    animosity every time they have to go to the post office or
    something.

    AFA the recent outrage/happiness at the vote, I personally DO
    think English should be declared as the only legal language in
    the US. English is not my first language, but I would never
    DREAM of insisting a country accept me as a citizen if I refused
    to learn its language. I have always believed in basic rules to
    maintain sanity in this "civilization", and I consider such a
    requirement totally justified.

    Anyway... While I seem to recall having read the original post
    elsewhere, I wonder if it is in fact Cosby that wrote it. I also
    wonder whether he really is an Ed.D., or whether that was just
    put on the credits of his show as a joke.

    Still, the majority of the points cannot be refuted easily. But
    I feel it should be stressed that even though he is speaking to
    black youth, most of his points apply just as well to many
    people of white and other colors.
    thanatoid, Nov 23, 2007
  15. ANovice

    thanatoid Guest

    "HEMI-Powered" <> wrote in

    <SNIP>

    >> True story:
    >> I work in a prison, taught there my first 6 years. One of
    >> the teachers was decorating her classroom for Christmas
    >> and had some shiny "HoHoHo!" strips she was suspending
    >> from the ceiling. The students--inmates--came in and
    >> absolutely read her the riot act for having such trash
    >> right out in the open like that.
    >>

    > Sounds like you fell prey to a common double-standard. One
    > paricular race can call there women "ho" or "bitch" but
    > those not of the same race cannot. It annoys and saddans

    Saddams?

    (Sorry, couldn't resist.)

    > me
    > that people increasingly like to place a race card or
    > religious card against those who are different than them,
    > and worse, they like to assert freedoms, rights, and
    > protections - which is fine - but at YOUR or MY expense.

    "Political correctness" is destroying this country. We must all
    be insane to let it get as far as it is going, and no end in
    sight.

    > That last time I looked the Bill of Rights does NOT define
    > those attributes as a zero sum game where for one group to
    > assert themselves, rightfully or wrongfully, means that
    > some or all the other groups must somehow lose something.
    > But, if one who has had their freedoms, rights, or
    > protections compromised under this scenario, then THEY are
    > accused of being racist or violating others civil rights. I
    > simply do not understand why ALL Americans cannot give ALL
    > other Americans the very same good deal they themselves
    > would like to enjoy; in short, I see NO reason for double
    > standards whatsoever and it pains me that some people want
    > to remove things like the 10 Commandments or a Nativity
    > Scene from a public place. OK, you want to erect yours,
    > fine by me, just let me keep mine.

    Some religions do not include visual displays (certainly nowhere
    near the extent the christian one does) and are far less
    commercialized than christianity. Sometimes I think it was all
    invented by smart but lazy guys who wanted a great way to bleed
    money out of the poor and to **** altar boys with relative
    impunity, and later were joined in the financial aspect by a
    conspiracy of all the merchants of the world...

    Also, people enjoy making others "remove" things or "not do"
    things much more than the opposite. But your point is very
    valid, I think.

    > This country was founded
    > on Judeo-Christian principles but certainly by the time of
    > the great influx of European immigrants in the late 19th
    > century and in later years from the Orient and the Middle
    > East, to name just two, it would seem that all of this CAN
    > peacefully co-exist. Or, am I missing something pretty
    > basic here?

    Yes, the fact that people LOVE to hate each other.

    HATE makes the world go 'round.
    thanatoid, Nov 23, 2007
  16. ANovice

    thanatoid Guest

    wrote in

    > Blinky the Shark <> wrote:
    >
    >> wrote:

    >>> And change his red suit to green, cause everybody knows a
    >>> red Santa was just to sell Coca Cola. :)
    >>> http://tinyurl.com/39vsr3

    >>I *hope* everyone doesn't "know" that false UL.

    > I wouldn't think anyone would associate a red Santa with
    > Coca cola, that's what made the article so odd.

    A lot of people think Coca-Cola invented the Santa image, and in
    fact I believed so myself for a long time, but the fact is they
    just commercialized the **** out of it.

    The image of the fat guy in the red suit existed long before
    Coca Cola ever did.

    Semi-obligatory rant section:

    WHY is there no more cocaine in Coca Cola?! (The little of the
    plant extract they left in doesn't count as it does not contain
    the active ingredient.)

    Oh, how I miss the days before I was born...

    <SNIP>
    thanatoid, Nov 23, 2007
  17. ANovice

    dadiOH Guest

    thanatoid wrote:

    > The baggy pants thing brings up another interesting subject...
    > WHY is the percentage of blacks in prison so totally off
    > compared to the non-prison black population?

    I have no statistics to offer, no URLs to cite but I'd say it
    represents the percentage of crimes committed.

    --

    dadiOH
    ____________________________

    dadiOH's dandies v3.06...
    dadiOH, Nov 23, 2007
  18. ANovice

    Old Gringo Guest

    On Or About Thu, 22 Nov 2007 15:50:54 -0600, Without Any Hesitation
    Or Thinking Twice, ANovice Stumbled Over To The Keyboard And wrote
    The Following In The 24hoursupport.helpdesk News Group:

    > "They're standing on the corner and they can't speak English.
    > I can't even talk the way these people talk:
    > Why you ain't,
    > Where you is,
    > What he drive,
    > Where he stay,
    > Where he work,
    > Who you be...
    > And I blamed the kid until I heard the mother talk.
    > And then I heard the father talk.
    >
    > Everybody knows it's important to speak English
    > except these knuckleheads. You can't be a doctor
    > with that kind of crap coming out of your mouth.
    > In fact you will never get any kind of job making a
    > decent living. People marched and were hit in the
    > face with rocks to get an education, and now
    > we've got these knuckleheads walking around.
    > The lower economic people are not holding up
    > their end in this deal.
    >
    > These people are not parenting. They are buying
    > things for kids. $500 sneakers for what ? ?
    >
    > And they won't spend $200 for Hooked on Phonics.
    >
    > I am talking about these people who cry when their son is
    > standing there in an orange suit.
    >
    > Where were you when he was 2 ? ?
    >
    > Where were you when he was 12 ? ?
    >
    > Where were you when he was 18 and how come you didn't know that he had a
    > pistol ? ?
    >
    > And where is the father ? ? Or who is his father ?
    >
    > People putting their clothes on backward:
    > Isn't that a sign of something gone wrong?
    >
    > People with their hats on backward, pants down around the crack, isn't that
    > a sign of something ? ?
    >
    > Or are you waiting for Jesus to pull his pants up ?
    >
    > Isn't it a sign of something when she has her dress all the way up and got
    > all type of needles [piercing] going through her body?
    >
    > What part of Africa did this come from??
    >
    > We are not Africans. Those people are not Africans;
    > they don't know a thing about Africa .
    >
    > With names like Shaniqua, Taliqua and Mohammed and all of that crap,
    > and all of them are in jail.
    >
    > Brown or black versus the Board of Education is no longer the white person's
    > problem.
    >
    > We have got to take the neighborhood back.
    > People used to be ashamed. Today a woman has eight children with eight
    > different 'husbands' -- or men or whatever you call them now.
    >
    > We have millionaire football players who cannot read.
    >
    > We have million-dollar basketball players who can't write two paragraphs.
    > We, as black folks, have to do a better job.
    > Someone working at Wal-Mart with seven kids, you are hurting us.
    >
    > We have to start holding each other to a higher standard.
    > We cannot blame the white people any longer."
    >
    > Dr. William Henry "Bill" Cosby, Jr., Ed.D.

    I think it all has to do with protection against Identity Theft. :)
    --
    Just West Of Nowhere
    Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    Old Gringo, Nov 23, 2007
  19. ANovice

    Thip Guest

    "HEMI-Powered" <> wrote in message
    > Thip added these comments in the current discussion du jour ...
    >
    >> True story:
    >> I work in a prison, taught there my first 6 years. One of the
    >> teachers was decorating her classroom for Christmas and had
    >> some shiny "HoHoHo!" strips she was suspending from the
    >> ceiling. The students--inmates--came in and absolutely read
    >> her the riot act for having such trash right out in the open
    >> like that.

    Dear God, dude, you really ran off with that one!

    The point of the story was that none of them knew what that "HoHoHo!"
    decoration really meant and so applied their own interpretation.

    I see that as a sad commentary on their upbringing as much as anything.
    Thip, Nov 23, 2007
  20. ANovice

    Thip Guest

    "dadiOH" <> wrote in message
    > thanatoid wrote:
    >
    >> The baggy pants thing brings up another interesting subject...
    >> WHY is the percentage of blacks in prison so totally off
    >> compared to the non-prison black population?

    > I have no statistics to offer, no URLs to cite but I'd say it
    > represents the percentage of crimes committed.

    Thip, Nov 23, 2007