    1)HD-DVD
    2)HD DVD PLAYER
    3)Add to Collection

    dvdlibra, Jan 29, 2007

  2. "dvdlibra" <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > 1)Who do you think will win... HD-DVD or BluRay?

    I don't care

    > 2)What Player will you buy in the near future... HD-DVD PLAYER, BLURAY
    > PLAYER, COMBI PLAYER, PS3, XBOX360 HDDVD DRIVE?

    None of the above

    > 3)What will you do with your existing dvd collection, Replace Existing,
    > Add to Collection, Just Buy New HD Releases?

    Why buy something I already own, just on the chance that it will look
    better?

    I have no problem with advances in technology, but I think the whole HiDef
    business is an overkill. Just having the sets and backgrounds more realistic
    does not improve the movies when the plots and characters are as unrealistic
    and unbelieveable as always.

    However, your mileage may vary.

    > I will start the poll as follows:
    > 1)HD-DVD
    > 2)HD DVD PLAYER
    > 3)Add to Collection

    Stuart

    Stuart Miller, Jan 29, 2007

  3. "dvdlibra" <> wrote:

    >1)Who do you think will win... HD-DVD or BluRay?

    Neither, I hope. Both formats are just minor changes to a satisfactory format
    that is incredibly successful. There is simply no compelling reason to go to
    a new format.

    >2)What Player will you buy in the near future... HD-DVD PLAYER, BLURAY
    >PLAYER, COMBI PLAYER, PS3, XBOX360 HDDVD DRIVE?

    None of the above.

    >3)What will you do with your existing dvd collection

    Keep on enjoying it til the discs rot away.

    Kimba W. Lion, Jan 29, 2007
  4. "dvdlibra" <> wrote in

    > 1)Who do you think will win... HD-DVD or BluRay?
    > 2)What Player will you buy in the near future... HD-DVD PLAYER, BLURAY
    > PLAYER, COMBI PLAYER, PS3, XBOX360 HDDVD DRIVE?
    > 3)What will you do with your existing dvd collection, Replace
    > Existing, Add to Collection, Just Buy New HD Releases?

    1) Right now, to me, it looks like a DVD+/-R situation. I could be wrong.
    2) I would like to buy a combo player that does 1080p and isn't made by
    LG. Failing that, I'll probably start with an HD-DVD player.
    3) I'll be adding to my collection, not replacing anything unless the deal
    is really good.

    --

    Aaron J. Bossig

    http://www.GodsLabRat.com
    http://www.dvdverdict.com

    Aaron J. Bossig, Jan 30, 2007
  5. On Mon, 29 Jan 2007 13:17:36 -0000, "dvdlibra"
    <> wrote:

    >1)Who do you think will win... HD-DVD or BluRay?

    neither

    >2)What Player will you buy in the near future... HD-DVD PLAYER, BLURAY
    >PLAYER, COMBI PLAYER, PS3, XBOX360 HDDVD DRIVE?

    none of the above, if I do it'll be just a drive in my HTPC

    >3)What will you do with your existing dvd collection, Replace Existing, Add
    >to Collection, Just Buy New HD Releases?

    keep what I got and hope for an UNCOMPRESSED hi-def video format at 24
    fps

    Jonathan Brisby, Jan 30, 2007