  1. Does a TV with HDTV built in give a better picture to DVDs than HDTVs without
    the tuner built in? Does picture quality, in regard to DVDs, lose something as
    televisions get up to the 65 and 73 inch range? Thanks!
    Thursdaynighters, Oct 28, 2003

  2. Thursdaynighters

    Richard C. Guest

    "Thursdaynighters" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    : Does a TV with HDTV built in give a better picture to DVDs than HDTVs without
    : the tuner built in?

    ============================
    DVDs do not use the tuner.
    So no............
    ===========================

    : Does picture quality, in regard to DVDs, lose something as
    : televisions get up to the 65 and 73 inch range? Thanks!

    ======================
    No...............
    Richard C., Oct 28, 2003

  3. Thursdaynighters

    eNo Guest

    "Richard C." <> wrote in message

    > "Thursdaynighters" <> wrote in message

    <snip>
    > : Does picture quality, in regard to DVDs, lose something as
    > : televisions get up to the 65 and 73 inch range? Thanks!
    >
    > ======================
    > No...............

    Technically, this is correct. Nothing is "lost." But as a DVD image is blown
    up, it's imperfections (noise), and the fact that it is only 480 lines would
    mean it will not look as good (jaggies will show up along diagonal lines,
    etc.). Smart, denoising line multipliers can help with this. For instance,
    during playback of DVDs on my HTPC, I can notice a difference between 480p
    display and 540p even on my 32" HDTV set. Not huge, I grant you, but there
    nonetheless.

    --
    eNo
    "Why am I here?"