HDTV and photos

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Bob Daun, Oct 13, 2004.

  1. Bob Daun

    Bob Daun Guest

    I have hooked up my camera to my HDTV and the pictures load and replace very
    rapidly with reasonable picture quality . The situation is a lot different
    with the CD jpegs on my DVD player. The pictures are quite good but take
    quite a while to load from one photo to the next. The pictures are normally
    about 1-2 Meg as they come off of the camera and the native picture size is
    2288X1712 Pixels. The instructions for the DVD player states the jpegs
    burned to a CD should be less than 5 MB each. The native resolution is 72
    DPI. When I use the term native, I mean the statistics shown for the picture
    as it exists when downloaded from the memory card and opened in Photoshop
    Elements. By the way, I have also gone the VCD and SVCD route and find
    little if any difference in quality over the pictures burned directly to CD
    for viewing

    I am considering purchase of a DVD burner and am wondering how the quality
    of a digital picture as described above burned to a DVD appears on an HDTV
    set when compared to the same picture just burned to a CD and played on a
    jpeg compatible DVD player.
    In the past I have received a lot of speculation but not much 1st party
    experience.

    I guess the thing I am looking for here is someone else's experience who
    also has done the CD/jpeg/DVD slideshow thing and has been able to compare
    that presentation on HDTV with the same pictures burned to a DVD and viewed
    as a slide show on DVD.

    --
    Bob Daun

    Bob Daun, Oct 13, 2004