    Ciana Guest

    How to connect a HD-dvd player with HDMI output (and HDCP protection) to a
    PC monitor (1920x1080) having a DVI input connector

    Ciana, Mar 17, 2006

  2. Ciana

    Bratboy Guest

    "Ciana" <> wrote in message
    news:441ab83e$...
    > How to connect a HD-dvd player with HDMI output (and HDCP protection) to a
    > PC monitor (1920x1080) having a DVI input connector

    Easiest thing would be to try a HDMI/DVI cable. My cable box only had DVI
    out and thats what I use to connect to my HDMI input on my TV

    Bratboy, Mar 17, 2006

  3. "Ciana" <> wrote in message
    > How to connect a HD-dvd player with HDMI output (and HDCP protection) to a
    > PC monitor (1920x1080) having a DVI input connector

    You can buy a HDMI to DVI converter. Radio Shack sales some cheap ones for
    about $30.

    Arthur Lipscomb, Mar 17, 2006
  4. Ciana

    Joshua Zyber Guest

    "Ciana" <> wrote in message
    > How to connect a HD-dvd player with HDMI output (and HDCP protection)
    > to a
    > PC monitor (1920x1080) having a DVI input connector

    If the DVI input on the monitor is HDCP-compliant, all you need is a
    simple adaptor cable that shouldn't cost more then $30. If the monitor
    is not HDCP-compliant, you're out of luck.

    Joshua Zyber, Mar 17, 2006
  5. Ciana

    Wild Coyote Guest

    On Fri, 17 Mar 2006 14:25:55 +0100, "Ciana" <> wrote:

    >How to connect a HD-dvd player with HDMI output (and HDCP protection) to a
    >PC monitor (1920x1080) having a DVI input connector

    I buy from here:

    Cables To Go.

    http://www.cablestogo.com/
    --