    any other spec/tech stuff i have to watch out for (don't want to waste my
    money).

    Thanks

    Tony Tee, Aug 2, 2007

  2. Tony Tee

    N. Morrow Guest

    >"Tony Tee" <> wrote:
    > My dvd player got hdmi out, and my LCD TV has hdmi in, so before I buy a
    > cable off ebay, and get the wrong thing, is there a standard i should be
    > getting, such as, for example, is it male to male, 2 metre, i should be
    > buying?
    >
    > any other spec/tech stuff i have to watch out for (don't want to waste my
    > money).
    >
    > Thanks

    You have the right idea. Just get a standard HDMI to HDMI cable and you're
    set. Get the shortest one that will reach from DVD player to TV. And if
    you're worried that the $150 (US) Monster cable is 20 times better than the
    no-name $7.50 one, just do a Google search on 'cheap versus expensive hdmi
    cables'. Obviously, if you want a cable that's 10m long, you may want to get
    one with good shielding.
    -N.Morrow

    N. Morrow, Aug 2, 2007

  3. Tony Tee

    Kuskokwim Guest

    On Thu, 2 Aug 2007 01:51:53 +0100, Tony Tee wrote:

    > My dvd player got hdmi out, and my LCD TV has hdmi in, so before I buy a
    > cable off ebay, and get the wrong thing, is there a standard i should be
    > getting, such as, for example, is it male to male, 2 metre, i should be
    > buying?
    >
    > any other spec/tech stuff i have to watch out for (don't want to waste my
    > money).
    >
    > Thanks

    If you need 2 meters, get this one:
    http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...cs_id=1024002&p_id=2219&seq=1&format=2&style=