    programs and data inc windows to the new disc

    Thanks
    John
    Johnnie Scott, Nov 3, 2005

  2. Johnnie Scott

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Thu, 03 Nov 2005 17:58:15 GMT, "Johnnie Scott"
    <john374999nospam@,,,,ntlworld.com> wrote:

    >Looking to upgrade my HDD WD for a barracuda 200 ST3200822A. Being new to
    >this do I need a SATA or IDE setting also how can I transfer my original
    >programs and data inc windows to the new disc

    Might take a look at Seagate's Ultra ATA FAQ:

    http://www.seagate.com/support/kb/disc/ultra_ata_66.html

    (Yes, it's Seagate not Baracuda, but all the Questions apply).

    You can use a program like Ghost to transfer the hard drive from one
    drive to another.

    Evan
    Evan Platt, Nov 3, 2005

  3. Johnnie Scott

    The Shed Guest

    "Johnnie Scott" <john374999nospam@,,,,ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    > Looking to upgrade my HDD WD for a barracuda 200 ST3200822A. Being
    > new to this do I need a SATA or IDE setting also how can I transfer my
    > original programs and data inc windows to the new disc
    >
    > Thanks
    > John

    Being new to it---simple answer
    Buy the new drive, and use this as storage space/new prog install.(you
    are aware you can tell a prog or a file to save somewhere else than c:
    ??)
    Leave the original as is ----no change--no problems
    Easy solution for you.
    The Shed, Nov 3, 2005
  4. Johnnie Scott

    Pat Guest

    On Thu, 03 Nov 2005 10:50:54 -0800, Evan Platt
    <> wrote:

    >On Thu, 03 Nov 2005 17:58:15 GMT, "Johnnie Scott"
    ><john374999nospam@,,,,ntlworld.com> wrote:
    >
    >>Looking to upgrade my HDD WD for a barracuda 200 ST3200822A. Being new to
    >>this do I need a SATA or IDE setting also how can I transfer my original
    >>programs and data inc windows to the new disc

    >Might take a look at Seagate's Ultra ATA FAQ:
    >
    >http://www.seagate.com/support/kb/disc/ultra_ata_66.html
    >
    >(Yes, it's Seagate not Baracuda, but all the Questions apply).
    >
    >You can use a program like Ghost to transfer the hard drive from one
    >drive to another.
    >
    >Evan

    Barracuda is a trade name owned by Seagate. Most Seagate drives are
    Barracudas.

    --
    Pat
    Pat, Nov 3, 2005
  5. Johnnie Scott

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Thu, 03 Nov 2005 14:22:45 -0800, Pat <> wrote:

    >Barracuda is a trade name owned by Seagate. Most Seagate drives are
    >Barracudas.

    D'Oh.. forgot about that. Been a while since I've dealt with
    Barracuda's.

    AAMOF, I think I have a Barracuda drive sitting somewhere at home.
    Evan Platt, Nov 3, 2005