    partitions& I don"t install anything on C:/ but they are there nonthe
    less.Is it better to have one partition or bust it up ?
    Thanks for any help

    jessiejames, Jan 30, 2005

  2. jessiejames

    Frederic Guest

    Ghost will try to optimize the space based on the limitations of the file
    systems already there.
    You didn't mention the operating system but windows xp is the standard
    nowadays.
    partitioning a drive prevents fragmentation but if you're using NTFS file
    system you won't see much benefit because fragmentation causes less loss of
    performance.

    I would suggest you create a 20gig partition for your operation system and
    apps, and an additional partition for the rest

    --
    Frederic
    MCP, IT Project+, i-Net+, CIW Associate, A+

    Frederic, Jan 31, 2005