    like to know how I can find out what's running, checked msconfig and shows
    that nothing is running but there is, any help would be appreciated.
    spoon

    magicspoons, Jun 25, 2005

  2. magicspoons wrote:
    > Hi My HDD is running in the background and I can't find out what programme
    > is running, it sounds like it's checking or defragging but it's not, I would
    > like to know how I can find out what's running, checked msconfig and shows
    > that nothing is running but there is, any help would be appreciated.
    > spoon

    Try process explorer
    http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/procexp.shtml
    -max

    What's in a Name?, Jun 25, 2005

  3. magicspoons

    magicspoons Guest

    "What's in a Name?" <> wrote in message
    > magicspoons wrote:
    >> Hi My HDD is running in the background and I can't find out what
    >> programme is running, it sounds like it's checking or defragging but it's
    >> not, I would like to know how I can find out what's running, checked
    >> msconfig and shows that nothing is running but there is, any help would
    >> be appreciated.
    >> spoon

    > Try process explorer
    > http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/procexp.shtml
    > -max
    > --
    > Virus Removal Instructions: http://home.neo.rr.com/manna4u/
    > You can find my e-mail address on my pages.

    installed process explorer and shows that the only process running is System
    Idle Process 95.85% CPU usage)

    magicspoons, Jun 25, 2005
  4. magicspoons

    Jimmy Dean Guest

    On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 22:16:32 GMT, "magicspoons"
    <magicspoons@@ntlworld.com> wrote:

    >Hi My HDD is running in the background and I can't find out what programme
    >is running, it sounds like it's checking or defragging but it's not, I would
    >like to know how I can find out what's running, checked msconfig and shows
    >that nothing is running but there is, any help would be appreciated.
    >spoon

    Maybe do a thorough antivirus/Spyware/Adware scan

    jd

    Jimmy Dean, Jun 26, 2005
  5. magicspoons

    magicspoons Guest

    "Jimmy Dean" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 22:16:32 GMT, "magicspoons"
    > <magicspoons@@ntlworld.com> wrote:
    >
    >>Hi My HDD is running in the background and I can't find out what programme
    >>is running, it sounds like it's checking or defragging but it's not, I
    >>would
    >>like to know how I can find out what's running, checked msconfig and shows
    >>that nothing is running but there is, any help would be appreciated.
    >>spoon

    > Maybe do a thorough antivirus/Spyware/Adware scan
    >
    > jd

    First thing I did antivirus/Spyware/Adware scan, house call and high jack
    this.
    spoon

    magicspoons, Jun 26, 2005