    empty]. MB only 2 prongs on the plug. Is there a simple way round this?
    housetrained
    <><

    housetrained, Jan 9, 2013

  2. housetrained

    housetrained Guest

    <"housetrained" wrote in message news:kcjll4$qq8$...

    This is strange. From case 2 wires in a 4 hole socket [2 centre holes
    empty]. MB only 2 prongs on the plug. Is there a simple way round this?
    housetrained>
    <><

    solved - just cut the plastic in half with scissors - works a treat
    housetrained

    housetrained, Jan 9, 2013

  3. housetrained

    Paul Guest

    housetrained wrote:
    > <"housetrained" wrote in message news:kcjll4$qq8$...
    > This is strange. From case 2 wires in a 4 hole socket [2 centre holes
    > empty]. MB only 2 prongs on the plug. Is there a simple way round this?
    > housetrained>
    > <><
    >

    > solved - just cut the plastic in half with scissors - works a treat
    > housetrained

    When the plastic has the little tabs on the side of
    each "hole", you can actuate the tab and back out the
    pin and wire. This allows rearranging the wires, as you
    desire. The tab engages a metal hook on the pin, which
    is there so the pin is normally retained. Moving the
    tab out of the way a little bit, allows the pin to be
    pulled out of the shell.

    For example, if I had a 1x4, two wires in position 1 and 4,
    I'd move the #4 wire to the #2 position, leaving two empty
    holes on the end. Depending on the FPANEL header on the
    motherboard, there may be room for the empty two holes
    to jut out away from the header. That saves on cutting
    with scissors.

    To open the tab just a little bit, I use a hobby knife
    with a long and narrow blade. That can be used to pry
    under the tab.

    Paul

    Paul, Jan 9, 2013