    Indians already have hd ready tv. and if the broadcasters like zee ,
    sony or star , record and broadcast in hd they can create a huge
    market overseas.
    habshi, Nov 19, 2006

  2. habshi

    Avatar Guest

    "habshi" <hi@anony> wrote in message news:...
    > Why does ordinary tv look so blurred on a HD tv ? Is there any
    > way one can decrease the resolution so the pixels get bigger and the
    > picture better.

    Actually, if you want a better picture, you need to increase the resolution
    and make the pixels smaller, not the other way around.

    :)

    > Via the computer a dvd movie plays fine on my HD 32in LCD
    > monitor , but if I play the same dvd through and ordinary dvd player
    > or one with hd upscaling it looks blurred . What can one do about it ?
    > India needs to start hd broadcasting straight away. There is
    > plenty of satellite space for many hd channels and many well off
    > Indians already have hd ready tv. and if the broadcasters like zee ,
    > sony or star , record and broadcast in hd they can create a huge
    > market overseas.

    An excellent idea. But the television-set manufacturing sector need to make
    these receivers first, at an affordable price besides.

    Indian channels, cable, satellite, or broadcast, will need to change (or
    add) to HD sooner or later any way.

    May be India needs those Rupees to first spend on uplifting the
    underdeveloped masses first.

    Then they will be able to not only stand on their feet but buy their own HD
    equipment, perhaps!

    :)
    Avatar, Nov 19, 2006

  3. habshi

    habshi Guest

    The high definition reception on high definition channels is
    perfect but the ordinary tv broadcasts are blurred and I have seen
    this on every tv I have seen in shops or homes . How can we tackle
    this?
    The rich in India do have hd tv , can they record on hard
    drives and watch hd that way?
    habshi, Nov 19, 2006
  4. habshi

    Richard C. Guest

    "habshi" <hi@anony> wrote in message news:...
    > Why does ordinary tv look so blurred on a HD tv ? Is there any
    > way one can decrease the resolution so the pixels get bigger and the
    > picture better.

    With OTA reception on my Pioneer RPTV, SD looks better than it ever did on
    my old
    NTSC set with cable.
    It depends on your source and the quality of your set.

    Richard C., Nov 21, 2006
  5. habshi wrote:
    > Why does ordinary tv look so blurred on a HD tv?

    > Is there any
    > way one can decrease the resolution so the pixels get bigger and the
    > picture better.

    You'd have to increase the resolution so that the pixels get smaller
    and the picture better. This can be done with a PAL to HDTV
    oversampling filter. Since you can't build one yourself, you'll have to
    see if anyone else has built one and has it for sale.

    M. Ranjit Mathews, Nov 21, 2006
  6. habshi

    habshi Guest

    I have 32in phillips hd ready computer monitor and a 50in HD
    plasma pioneer both latest, so why is the reception even of dvd so
    bad?
    However hd broadcasts are received perfectly. I also have a
    Sanyo hd video camera which has a good picture on its tiny monitor but
    again on ordinary or hd tv screen looks terrible.
    habshi, Nov 22, 2006
  7. habshi

    habshi Guest

    I also have a samsung dvd player which upscales normal dvd to
    hd but again it looks terrible on a hd screen! even Hollywood movies .
    habshi, Nov 22, 2006
  8. habshi wrote:
    > I also have a samsung dvd player which upscales normal dvd to
    > hd but again it looks terrible on a hd screen! even Hollywood movies .

    Then, it doesn't do a good job of oversampling.
    M. Ranjit Mathews, Nov 22, 2006
  9. habshi

    Joshua Zyber Guest

    > I have 32in phillips hd ready computer monitor and a 50in HD
    > plasma pioneer both latest, so why is the reception even of dvd so
    > bad?
    > However hd broadcasts are received perfectly. I also have a
    > Sanyo hd video camera which has a good picture on its tiny monitor but
    > again on ordinary or hd tv screen looks terrible.

    Have you calibrated the set or are you using the factory default
    settings?
    Joshua Zyber, Nov 22, 2006
  10. habshi

    GMAN Guest

    In article <>, "Richard C." <> wrote:

    >"habshi" <hi@anony> wrote in message news:...
    >> Why does ordinary tv look so blurred on a HD tv ? Is there any
    >> way one can decrease the resolution so the pixels get bigger and the
    >> picture better.

    >With OTA reception on my Pioneer RPTV, SD looks better than it ever did on
    >my old
    >NTSC set with cable.
    >It depends on your source and the quality of your set.

    Plus so many people who buy HDTV sets have no idea how to properly adjust the
    sharpness and noise reduction settings optimaly on their sets.

    These people who are seeing blurred video are likely using composite.
    GMAN, Nov 22, 2006
  11. habshi

    habshi Guest

    How can one copy the HD programs from the Sky planner to an
    1. Ordinary dvd recorder
    2. External hard drive

    and how does one play the external hard drive to tv again

    My hidef picture is perfect but the ordinary sky tv is blurred
    habshi, Nov 25, 2006