    media.
    In the system tray appears a icon like when i plug a pen drive for example.
    How I correct this?
    =?Utf-8?B?cm9nbG9wZXM=?=, Jan 14, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?cm9nbG9wZXM=?=

    John Barnes Guest

    You don't correct it. This is the way it is supposed to be. SATA are
    removable devices, as are USB

    John Barnes, Jan 14, 2006

  3. On Sat, 14 Jan 2006 15:54:02 -0000, roglopes
    <> wrote:

    > Dear friends,
    >
    > I'm using XP 64bits, and I've a HD SATA, it is being detected like
    > removable
    > media.
    > In the system tray appears a icon like when i plug a pen drive for
    > example.
    > How I correct this?

    SATA supports hot swapping, so essentially is Removeable media...
    Mark Gillespie, Jan 14, 2006
  4. I've hual boot system,
    Windows XP Pro and Windows XP 64.
    In windows XP 32bits the same HD doesn't appear like Removable media?
    Why in XP 32bits doesn't appear then ?

    =?Utf-8?B?cm9nbG9wZXM=?=, Jan 14, 2006
  5. =?Utf-8?B?cm9nbG9wZXM=?=

    John Barnes Guest

    FYI on my computer now it shows as removable on both systems. Earlier
    BIOS's had different combinations. Sometimes one system and not the other,
    sometimes neither.
    You can always unplug any drive, but you cannot safely remove the drive as
    long as it is in use by the system. So you cannot accidentally cause a
    problem.

    John Barnes, Jan 15, 2006