    plugged in at the end of the cable connector and the slave connected on the
    connector that is part way down or near the center of the cable?

    Piedmont

    Piedmont, Oct 31, 2004

  2. Piedmont

    Thor Guest

    "Piedmont" <> wrote in message
    news:cm1hgp$f3ia$...
    > Can someone explain to me a bit about running a master and a slave HD?
    >
    > If you have a master / slave setup, will you see the grand total combined
    > capacity. Or, we you see a capacity for each individual HD.

    individually.

    > On the cable that connects the two HD, is a requirement that the master be
    > plugged in at the end of the cable connector and the slave connected on
    > the
    > connector that is part way down or near the center of the cable?

    master *MUST* be on the end connector if a single drive is used, or if cable
    select mode is used.

    Thor, Oct 31, 2004

  3. Piedmont

    Spajky Guest

    On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 23:00:17 -0400, "Thor" <> wrote:

    >master *MUST* be on the end connector if a single drive is used, or if cable
    >select mode is used.

    I have my master /set with jumper as so/ connected to middle connector
    & time to time the second one as a slave on the edge one & having no
    problems at all ... WD ones I heard can have problems if not properly
    connected ...
    --
    Regards, SPAJKY ®
    E-mail AntiSpam: remove ##

    Spajky, Oct 31, 2004
  4. Piedmont

    Piedmont Guest

    Thor wrote:
    || "Piedmont" <> wrote in message
    snip
    ||| On the cable that connects the two HD, is a requirement that the
    ||| master be plugged in at the end of the cable connector and the
    ||| slave connected on the
    ||| connector that is part way down or near the center of the cable?
    || master *MUST* be on the end connector if a single drive is used, or
    || if cable select mode is used.

    If the slave is plugged into the end connector and the master is plugged
    into the connector that is near the middle, will it work?
    Piedmont

    Piedmont, Oct 31, 2004
  5. Piedmont

    Thor Guest

    "Piedmont" <> wrote in message
    > Thor wrote:
    > || "Piedmont" <> wrote in message
    > snip
    > || master *MUST* be on the end connector if a single drive is used, or
    > || if cable select mode is used.
    >
    > If the slave is plugged into the end connector and the master is plugged
    > into the connector that is near the middle, will it work?

    yes, if it is specifically jumpered for master/slave. That's why I said it
    has to be the other way around *if cable select is used*.

    Thor, Nov 1, 2004