    Rick Guest

    I have two 18 gig hard drives in my computer, one shows 18g but the other
    shows 305mb,,any help? please
    Rick, Sep 10, 2004

  2. Rick

    HF Guest

    Check your jumper settings first thing.Check on mfrs website for
    diagnostic/instal software.
    "Rick" <> wrote in message
    > I have two 18 gig hard drives in my computer, one shows 18g but the other
    > shows 305mb,,any help? please

    ---
    HF, Sep 10, 2004

  3. Rick

    Rick Guest

    I have the second drive as slave, the website has no updates, any help?

    Rick, Sep 10, 2004
  4. Rick

    VWWall Guest

    Rick wrote:

    > I have the second drive as slave, the website has no updates, any help?
    > "Rick" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>I have two 18 gig hard drives in my computer, one shows 18g but the other
    >>shows 305mb,,any help? please

    See what fdisk says about existing partitions. There may be only a
    305MB partition that Windows can recognize. Where did it come from
    before you installed it as slave? What OS is on the present computer?
    Drive type(s) might also give us a clue.

    Virg Wall
    --
    A foolish consistency is the
    hobgoblin of little minds,........
    VWWall, Sep 10, 2004
  5. Rick

    Rick Guest

    its a new hard drive, im using windows xp, the hard drives are both seagate

    Rick, Sep 10, 2004