    drive light stats on constant ly and never even flickers at all times, even
    when computer is idle at desktop. What would cause this? All help will be
    appreciated, thank you,

    Jerry Knight, Aug 1, 2007

  2. Jerry Knight

    Another Guest

    Jerry Knight wrote:
    > I have windows XP Pro and 3.0 P4 cpu with 1.47 gb ram. Recently my hard
    > drive light stats on constant ly and never even flickers at all times, even
    > when computer is idle at desktop. What would cause this? All help will be
    > appreciated, thank you,

    Use task manager or process explorer to see what is running. Scan for
    spyware, malware, etc.

    Another, Aug 1, 2007

  3. Jerry Knight

    Guest

    "Jerry Knight" <> wrote:

    >I have windows XP Pro and 3.0 P4 cpu with 1.47 gb ram. Recently my hard
    >drive light stats on constant ly and never even flickers at all times, even
    >when computer is idle at desktop. What would cause this? All help will be
    >appreciated, thank you,

    Google: Process Monitor
    watch your disk activity in real time.

    Might see your virus checker in action.
    --

    Experts Exchange should be removed from Google search results
    http://tinyurl.com/2g45gr

    , Aug 1, 2007
  4. Jerry Knight

    tinybot2k Guest

    On Aug 1, 3:17 pm, wrote:
    > "Jerry Knight" <> wrote:
    >
    > >I have windows XP Pro and 3.0 P4 cpu with 1.47 gb ram. Recently my hard
    > >drive light stats on constant ly and never even flickers at all times, even
    > >when computer is idle at desktop. What would cause this? All help will be
    > >appreciated, thank you,

    > Google: Process Monitor
    > watch your disk activity in real time.
    >
    > Might see your virus checker in action.
    > --
    >
    > Experts Exchange should be removed from Google search resultshttp://tinyurl.com/2g45grhttp://www.rustyrazorblade.com/index.php/2007/07/30/experts-exchange-...

    You could be running low on memory. If you have memory intensive
    applications that you are running, the OS will use "virtual memory" or
    hard disk space to handle the extra memory demand. The Windows process
    monitor will tell you if you've pegged your max memory limits. Google
    desktop also has a few tools for monitoring memory usage.

    tinybot2k, Aug 2, 2007
  5. Jerry Knight

    Plato Guest

    Jerry Knight wrote:

    > I have windows XP Pro and 3.0 P4 cpu with 1.47 gb ram. Recently my hard
    > drive light stats on constant ly and never even flickers at all times, even
    > when computer is idle at desktop. What would cause this? All help will be
    > appreciated, thank you,

    In theory, your hard drive light getting accessed is NOT a problem,
    unless you have just recently installed XP or have some sort of
    background app continually trying to, and possibly, accessing the
    Internet.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Aug 2, 2007