    Windows XP Sp2

    TIA

    Simon T

    Simon T, Aug 5, 2006

  2. Simon T

    error Guest

    Hi simon, there are some icons creators, or you can allso use "tuneup"
    program,

    there you have like windows design, you have there the options of
    defults windows
    so your all icons will be back again ;)

    error, Aug 5, 2006

  3. Simon T

    John Holmes Guest

    error "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > Simon T wrote:
    >> Hi
    >> My main Hard Disk Drive icon has changed to the un associated icon.
    >> Any ideas how i can change it back to the proper icon? The other two
    >> drives I have in my computer have the right icons.
    >>
    >> Windows XP Sp2
    >>
    >> TIA
    >>
    >> Simon T

    <Top-poasting corrected>

    > Hi simon, there are some icons creators, or you can allso use "tuneup"
    > program,
    >
    > there you have like windows design, you have there the options of
    > defults windows
    > so your all icons will be back again ;)

    You fucking stupid idiot.

    --
    Your mother was a silly druggist who visited pornographic web-sites in a
    political party.

    John Holmes, Aug 5, 2006
  4. Simon T

    John Holmes Guest

    Simon T "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > Hi
    > My main Hard Disk Drive icon has changed to the un associated icon.
    > Any ideas how i can change it back to the proper icon? The other two
    > drives I have in my computer have the right icons.
    >
    > Windows XP Sp2
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Simon T

    Ignore that fool who calls himself error. (what's in a name, DUH)
    I suspect you have an autorun.inf file in the root of the drive. If it is
    there, delete it.

    --
    Your mother was a low budget Spice Girl wannabe who designed outlandish
    clothes in broom cupboards.

    John Holmes, Aug 5, 2006
  5. Simon T

    Larry Crites Guest

    This guy is funny!

    Larry
    Behold Beware Believe

    Larry Crites, Aug 5, 2006
  6. Simon T

    Simon T Guest

    John Holmes wrote:
    > Simon T "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >
    > > Hi
    > > My main Hard Disk Drive icon has changed to the un associated icon.
    > > Any ideas how i can change it back to the proper icon? The other two
    > > drives I have in my computer have the right icons.
    > >
    > > Windows XP Sp2
    > >
    > > TIA
    > >
    > > Simon T
    > >

    > Ignore that fool who calls himself error. (what's in a name, DUH)
    > I suspect you have an autorun.inf file in the root of the drive. If it is
    > there, delete it.

    Hi Thank you for the advice however I have checked the root of the
    drive (with view all files ) and there is no autorun.inf there. Any
    other thoughts?

    Simon T

    Simon T, Aug 5, 2006
  7. Simon T

    Stubbo_of_Oz Guest

    On 5 Aug 2006 00:34:36 -0700, "Simon T" <>
    wrote:

    >Hi
    >My main Hard Disk Drive icon has changed to the un associated icon.
    >Any ideas how i can change it back to the proper icon? The other two
    >drives I have in my computer have the right icons.

    I use "Change Icon" which is free from here:-

    http://home.nordnet.fr/~pmdevigne/ChangeIcon_e.html

    It puts an item into the context menu which you get when you right
    click on a folder. Just select "Change Icon" from there - easy to use.

    It defaults to this file that contains icons:-

    C:\WINDOWS\system32\SHELL32.dll

    There are also icons in these files:-

    c:\windows\system32\pifmgr.dll
    c:\WINDOWS\system32\moricons.dll