    far as I know is only that Panasonic can, I am refering to boxes like
    MySky , TiVo Magic TV and may be all the other PVR's with built in HD.

    This is some thing you are not told about..

    William Brown, Nov 29, 2010

  2. William Brown

    Peter K Guest

    "William Brown" <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > Most of these are totally useless as you cant back up a DVD at all, as
    > far as I know is only that Panasonic can, I am refering to boxes like
    > MySky , TiVo Magic TV and may be all the other PVR's with built in HD.
    >
    > This is some thing you are not told about..

    And NONE OF THEM can toast muffins.

    This is something you are not told about....

    Peter K, Nov 29, 2010

  3. William Brown

    Richard Guest

    On 29/11/2010 2:03 p.m., William Brown wrote:

    > Most of these are totally useless as you cant back up a DVD at all, as
    > far as I know is only that Panasonic can, I am refering to boxes like
    > MySky , TiVo Magic TV and may be all the other PVR's with built in HD.
    >

    > This is some thing you are not told about..

    As backing up a recording is generally a copyright violation, why would
    you expect the broadcasters to include that function?

    Richard, Nov 29, 2010
  4. William Brown

    Fred Guest

    > Most of these are totally useless as you cant back up a DVD at all, as
    > far as I know is only that Panasonic can, I am refering to boxes like
    > MySky , TiVo Magic TV and may be all the other PVR's with built in HD.
    >

    > This is some thing you are not told about..

    Sounds tragic.

    Fred, Nov 29, 2010
  5. William Brown

    stateslave Guest

    Richard wrote:

    > On 29/11/2010 2:03 p.m., William Brown wrote:
    >>

    >> Most of these are totally useless as you cant back up a DVD at all, as
    >> far as I know is only that Panasonic can, I am refering to boxes like
    >> MySky , TiVo Magic TV and may be all the other PVR's with built in HD.
    >>

    >> This is some thing you are not told about..

    > As backing up a recording is generally a copyright violation, why would
    > you expect the broadcasters to include that function?

    Because it makes cultural transient. Imagine a piece of music
    you and your spouse love, now imagine you can't back it up and
    its prohibitively expense to find and get a copy of.

    Back at the start of the industrial revolution manufactures
    would not allow parts to be sold, so they could force you to
    buy new, then they did sell you parts but high specific that
    only a few existed and so were heavily marked up. Finally
    laws came in to demand that parts should be reasonable priced
    so you could fix goods yourself and not have to pay a prohibitively
    high price for part and 'official' service engineers.

    Now you could argue that if copyright holders don't want to
    feed a loyal fan following, aka star trek, then its their lost
    profits. But actually copyright doesn't serve the interest of
    the copyright maker, it serves the interest of the copyright
    holder. Large firms who buy copyrights up, lock them away,
    and so want churn, want to make a remake of an old classic,
    want to insure new fees and charges can be applied. So this
    inhibits both invention, and creative industries, and the
    ability of the culture to have a basis to editorialize itself.

    Grow up.

    By this I mean if big media decides what's in, what's not, then
    then culture becomes theirs not 'ours'.

    So I would expect broadcasters to fight back, as people switch
    to internet media where they can build online communities
    that does retain memories, and experienced, not the complete
    nomad cultural existence of the drone zombie classes.

    stateslave, Nov 29, 2010
  6. William Brown

    Kuee Guest

    Re: HD Freeview PVR Recorders.

    On Nov 29, 2:03 pm, William Brown <> wrote:
    > Most of these are totally useless as you cant back up a DVD at all, as
    > far as I know is only that Panasonic can, I am refering to boxes like
    > MySky , TiVo  Magic TV  and may be all the other PVR's with built in HD.
    >
    > This is some thing you are not told about..

    what a nice post about a nice topic, written by a complete moron,
    cumon Gwegory, you are always the one with the do not archve clause,
    you dont fool anyone, you are now cowering and shitting yourself
    because a whole group (bar maybe 2) stood up to you and told you the
    truth about yourself, since then you have been trying to show how nice
    you are to newer posters, and goodness me, posting the group charter
    because everyone is picking on you, porr liddle gweggy dowle, can dish
    it out, but cant handle the truth, if you are such a nice guy, I am
    willing to give you a second chance, just meet me at the park, I chose
    the venue, you choose the time, fair enough??? lol

    Kuee, Nov 29, 2010
  7. William Brown

    On Nov 29, 3:43 pm, stateslave <> wrote:
    > Richard wrote:
    > > On 29/11/2010 2:03 p.m., William Brown wrote:

    > >> Most of these are totally useless as you cant back up a DVD at all, as
    > >> far as I know is only that Panasonic can, I am refering to boxes like
    > >> MySky , TiVo  Magic TV  and may be all the other PVR's with built in HD.

    > >> This is some thing you are not told about..

    > > As backing up a recording is generally a copyright violation, why would
    > > you expect the broadcasters to include that function?

    > Because it makes cultural transient. Imagine a piece of music
    > you and your spouse love, now imagine you can't back it up and
    > its prohibitively expense to find and get a copy of.
    >
    > Back at the start of the industrial revolution manufactures
    > would not allow parts to be sold, so they could force you to
    > buy new, then they did sell you parts but high specific that
    > only a few existed and so were heavily marked up. Finally
    > laws came in to demand that parts should be reasonable priced
    > so you could fix goods yourself and not have to pay a prohibitively
    > high price for part and 'official' service engineers.
    >
    > Now you could argue that if copyright holders don't want to
    > feed a loyal fan following, aka star trek, then its their lost
    > profits. But actually copyright doesn't serve the interest of
    > the copyright maker, it serves the interest of the copyright
    > holder. Large firms who buy copyrights up, lock them away,
    > and so want churn, want to make a remake of an old classic,
    > want to insure new fees and charges can be applied. So this
    > inhibits both invention, and creative industries, and the
    > ability of the culture to have a basis to editorialize itself.
    >
    > Grow up.
    >
    > By this I mean if big media decides what's in, what's not, then
    > then culture becomes theirs not 'ours'.
    >
    > So I would expect broadcasters to fight back, as people switch
    > to internet media where they can build online communities
    > that does retain memories, and experienced, not the complete
    > nomad cultural existence of the drone zombie classes.

    Whoopi Goldberg lost the plot at one of her shows, she walked to the
    front of the stage and bollocked the people videoing her on their
    phones, and rightly so, she relies on people to come to her shows, not
    watch them for free on You Tube

    Kuee, Nov 29, 2010
  8. On Mon, 29 Nov 2010 14:57:58 +1300, Richard <> wrote:

    >On 29/11/2010 2:03 p.m., William Brown wrote:
    >>

    >> Most of these are totally useless as you cant back up a DVD at all, as
    >> far as I know is only that Panasonic can, I am refering to boxes like
    >> MySky , TiVo Magic TV and may be all the other PVR's with built in HD.
    >>

    >> This is some thing you are not told about..

    >As backing up a recording is generally a copyright violation, why would
    >you expect the broadcasters to include that function?

    You can on a Panasonic, Plus I am not referring any thing to do with a
    broadcasters at all.

    William Brown, Nov 29, 2010
  9. On Mon, 29 Nov 2010 14:57:58 +1300, Richard <> wrote:

    >On 29/11/2010 2:03 p.m., William Brown wrote:
    >>

    >> Most of these are totally useless as you cant back up a DVD at all, as
    >> far as I know is only that Panasonic can, I am refering to boxes like
    >> MySky , TiVo Magic TV and may be all the other PVR's with built in HD.
    >>

    >> This is some thing you are not told about..

    >As backing up a recording is generally a copyright violation, why would
    >you expect the broadcasters to include that function?

    No its not and the Panasonic does support the Broadcast flag.

    William Brown, Nov 29, 2010
  10. Re: HD Freeview PVR Recorders.

    On Mon, 29 Nov 2010 17:52:49 +1300, Bret <> wrote:

    >On Sun, 28 Nov 2010 20:09:02 -0800 (PST), Kuee wrote:
    >
    >> On Nov 29, 2:03 pm, William Brown <> wrote:
    >>> Most of these are totally useless as you cant back up a DVD at all, as
    >>> far as I know is only that Panasonic can, I am refering to boxes like
    >>> MySky , TiVo  Magic TV  and may be all the other PVR's with built in HD.
    >>>
    >>> This is some thing you are not told about..

    >> what a nice post about a nice topic, written by a complete moron,
    >> cumon Gwegory, you are always the one with the do not archve clause,
    >> you dont fool anyone, you are now cowering and shitting yourself
    >> because a whole group (bar maybe 2) stood up to you and told you the
    >> truth about yourself, since then you have been trying to show how nice
    >> you are to newer posters, and goodness me, posting the group charter
    >> because everyone is picking on you, porr liddle gweggy dowle, can dish
    >> it out, but cant handle the truth, if you are such a nice guy, I am
    >> willing to give you a second chance, just meet me at the park, I chose
    >> the venue, you choose the time, fair enough??? lol

    >Speaking from an nz.comp viewpoint, I thought it was Roger :)

    What is this Idiot on about..?

    Please try and read my post and dont add things that are not there..

    William Brown, Nov 29, 2010
  11. Re: HD Freeview PVR Recorders.

    On Mon, 29 Nov 2010 17:52:49 +1300, Bret <> wrote:

    >On Sun, 28 Nov 2010 20:09:02 -0800 (PST), Kuee wrote:
    >
    >> On Nov 29, 2:03 pm, William Brown <> wrote:
    >>> Most of these are totally useless as you cant back up a DVD at all, as
    >>> far as I know is only that Panasonic can, I am refering to boxes like
    >>> MySky , TiVo  Magic TV  and may be all the other PVR's with built in HD.
    >>>
    >>> This is some thing you are not told about..

    >> what a nice post about a nice topic, written by a complete moron,
    >> cumon Gwegory, you are always the one with the do not archve clause,
    >> you dont fool anyone, you are now cowering and shitting yourself
    >> because a whole group (bar maybe 2) stood up to you and told you the
    >> truth about yourself, since then you have been trying to show how nice
    >> you are to newer posters, and goodness me, posting the group charter
    >> because everyone is picking on you, porr liddle gweggy dowle, can dish
    >> it out, but cant handle the truth, if you are such a nice guy, I am
    >> willing to give you a second chance, just meet me at the park, I chose
    >> the venue, you choose the time, fair enough??? lol

    >Speaking from an nz.comp viewpoint, I thought it was Roger :)

    I think this chap needs to see a Doctor or get himself locked up, I just
    read of some of his past postings he seem to slander every one..

    Very Sick person..

    William Brown, Nov 29, 2010
  12. William Brown

    Donchano Guest

    Re: HD Freeview PVR Recorders.

    On Mon, 29 Nov 2010 19:29:46 +1300, William Brown <>
    shouted from the highest rooftop:

    >Very Sick person..

    You mean he keeps changing his name and cross-posts?

    Donchano, Nov 29, 2010
  13. William Brown

    Sweetpea Guest

    On Mon, 29 Nov 2010 15:43:47 +1300, stateslave wrote:

    > now imagine you can't back it up and its prohibitively expense to find
    > and get a copy of.

    "prohibitively expense"??!

    Care to translate that into Standard English?

    Sweetpea, Nov 29, 2010
  14. William Brown

    Sweetpea Guest

    Re: HD Freeview PVR Recorders.

    On Mon, 29 Nov 2010 17:52:49 +1300, Bret wrote:

    > Speaking from an nz.comp viewpoint, I thought it was Roger :)

    Indeed it is. :)

    Sweetpea, Nov 29, 2010
  15. William Brown

    victor Guest

    On 29/11/2010 2:03 p.m., William Brown wrote:

    > Most of these are totally useless as you cant back up a DVD at all, as
    > far as I know is only that Panasonic can, I am refering to boxes like
    > MySky , TiVo Magic TV and may be all the other PVR's with built in HD.
    >

    > This is some thing you are not told about..

    You aren't told that the Panasonic has no mheg5 epg either

    victor, Nov 29, 2010
  16. William Brown

    Richard Guest

    On 29/11/2010 8:07 p.m., Sweetpea wrote:
    > On Mon, 29 Nov 2010 15:43:47 +1300, stateslave wrote:
    >
    >> now imagine you can't back it up and its prohibitively expense to find
    >> and get a copy of.

    > "prohibitively expense"??!
    >
    > Care to translate that into Standard English?

    Freeloader doesnt want to buy it on disc - may as well bittorrent it
    since the end result is an infringing copy no matter the source.

    Richard, Nov 29, 2010
  17. William Brown

    Richard Guest

    On 29/11/2010 6:57 p.m., William Brown wrote:
    > On Mon, 29 Nov 2010 14:57:58 +1300, Richard<> wrote:
    >
    >> On 29/11/2010 2:03 p.m., William Brown wrote:
    >>>

    >>> Most of these are totally useless as you cant back up a DVD at all, as
    >>> far as I know is only that Panasonic can, I am refering to boxes like
    >>> MySky , TiVo Magic TV and may be all the other PVR's with built in HD.
    >>>

    >>> This is some thing you are not told about..

    >> As backing up a recording is generally a copyright violation, why would
    >> you expect the broadcasters to include that function?

    > No its not and the Panasonic does support the Broadcast flag.

    Yes, it is, you are allowed to record broadcasts for the purpose of
    watching it at a time more convinient to you.

    There is no provision for watching multiple times or to place shift in
    the exemptions to copyright law for tv broadcasts.

    Richard, Nov 29, 2010
  18. Re: HD Freeview PVR Recorders.

    wrote:

    >On Nov 29, 2:03 pm, William Brown <> wrote:
    >> Most of these are totally useless as you cant back up a DVD at all, as
    >> far as I know is only that Panasonic can, I am refering to boxes like
    >> MySky , TiVo  Magic TV  and may be all the other PVR's with built in HD.
    >>
    >> This is some thing you are not told about..

    >what a nice post about a nice topic, written by a complete moron,
    >cumon Gwegory, you are always the one with the do not archve clause,
    >you dont fool anyone, you are now cowering and shitting yourself
    >because a whole group (bar maybe 2) stood up to you and told you the
    >truth about yourself, since then you have been trying to show how nice
    >you are to newer posters, and goodness me, posting the group charter
    >because everyone is picking on you, porr liddle gweggy dowle, can dish
    >it out, but cant handle the truth, if you are such a nice guy, I am
    >willing to give you a second chance, just meet me at the park, I chose
    >the venue, you choose the time, fair enough??? lol

    Oi ... whatever substance you're relying on - it's not working. It's
    fucked up whatever spelling capabilities you possess, but I fear it's
    progressed further into your cerebral cortex and, well, it's probably
    too late.

    Lukagain Cos ThistleBounce, Nov 29, 2010
  19. William Brown

    Fr Scooter Guest

    Re: HD Freeview PVR Recorders.

    On , , Mon, 29 Nov 2010 19:29:46 +1300, Re: HD Freeview PVR Recorders., William
    Brown <> wrote:

    >On Mon, 29 Nov 2010 17:52:49 +1300, Bret <> wrote:

    >>> what a nice post about a nice topic, written by a complete moron,
    >>> cumon Gwegory, you are always the one with the do not archve clause,
    >>> you dont fool anyone, you are now cowering and shitting yourself
    >>> because a whole group (bar maybe 2) stood up to you and told you the
    >>> truth about yourself, since then you have been trying to show how nice
    >>> you are to newer posters, and goodness me, posting the group charter
    >>> because everyone is picking on you, porr liddle gweggy dowle, can dish
    >>> it out, but cant handle the truth, if you are such a nice guy, I am
    >>> willing to give you a second chance, just meet me at the park, I chose
    >>> the venue, you choose the time, fair enough??? lol

    >>Speaking from an nz.comp viewpoint, I thought it was Roger :)

    >I think this chap needs to see a Doctor or get himself locked up, I just
    >read of some of his past postings he seem to slander every one..

    It is a so called woman, Janet Elizabeth Chapman of New Plymouth.
    She has been stalking me for 17 years now.

    >Very Sick person..

    That isn't the half of it.

    to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread."
    Anatole France.

    Fr Scooter, Nov 29, 2010
  20. On Mon, 29 Nov 2010 20:36:19 +1300, Richard <> wrote:

    >On 29/11/2010 6:57 p.m., William Brown wrote:

    >>> As backing up a recording is generally a copyright violation, why would
    >>> you expect the broadcasters to include that function?

    >> No its not and the Panasonic does support the Broadcast flag.

    >Yes, it is, you are allowed to record broadcasts for the purpose of
    >watching it at a time more convinient to you.
    >
    >There is no provision for watching multiple times or to place shift in
    >the exemptions to copyright law for tv broadcasts.

    Utter Total Rubbish, I can record programs and take it around for my
    friends to see, as there is NO OTHER WAY FOR THEM TO SEE IT, this is a
    standard normal way of doing things, not all programs have on demand
    playback and no go for say Prime or people with dialup.

    I know lots of people that record Topgear..

    William Brown, Nov 29, 2010