    they're closely related to hard disk technology. It's like having
    unlimited hard drive space with 20GB per disk! This technology should
    have already been released to consumers but it's being withheld.

    just me, Oct 21, 2007

  2. On Sat, 20 Oct 2007 23:00:47 -0400, just me
    <> wrote:

    >Looks like the big boys don't want to release HD DVD-RAM until they
    >can get the most money out of the other DVD formats first. Since these
    >discs have a built-in error control and a defect management system,
    >they're closely related to hard disk technology. It's like having
    >unlimited hard drive space with 20GB per disk! This technology should
    >have already been released to consumers but it's being withheld.

    Or perhaps still being perfected. Maybe they want folks to realize
    just how lame Sony is for charging $20 per disc for their CRAP.

    ChairmanOfTheBored, Oct 21, 2007

  3. just me

    Abe Guest

    >Looks like the big boys don't want to release HD DVD-RAM until they
    >can get the most money out of the other DVD formats first. Since these
    >discs have a built-in error control and a defect management system,
    >they're closely related to hard disk technology. It's like having
    >unlimited hard drive space with 20GB per disk! This technology should
    >have already been released to consumers but it's being withheld.

    Yeah, and where exactly did you hear this. Citations please.

    Abe, Oct 21, 2007
  4. just me

    just me Guest

    On Sat, 20 Oct 2007 20:34:37 -0700, Abe <> wrote:

    >>Looks like the big boys don't want to release HD DVD-RAM until they
    >>can get the most money out of the other DVD formats first. Since these
    >>discs have a built-in error control and a defect management system,
    >>they're closely related to hard disk technology. It's like having
    >>unlimited hard drive space with 20GB per disk! This technology should
    >>have already been released to consumers but it's being withheld.

    >Yeah, and where exactly did you hear this. Citations please.

    Just look around. Can you find any HD DVD-RAM products when this
    technology has been around for several years? Somebody's gotta be
    holding something back, eh?

    just me, Oct 21, 2007
  5. On Sun, 21 Oct 2007 17:56:57 GMT, just me <>
    wrote:

    >Just look around. Can you find any HD DVD-RAM products when this
    >technology has been around for several years? Somebody's gotta be
    >holding something back, eh?

    HAS NOT been around for "several years". Get a clue boy. It took them
    up until a few years ago just to get decent lifespan figures for blue
    lasers that READ, much less devices that are powerful enough to write.

    Stop making shit up, you stupid retard!

    ChairmanOfTheBored, Oct 21, 2007
  6. just me

    just me Guest

    On Sun, 21 Oct 2007 12:51:27 -0700, ChairmanOfTheBored
    <> wrote:

    >On Sun, 21 Oct 2007 17:56:57 GMT, just me <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>Just look around. Can you find any HD DVD-RAM products when this
    >>technology has been around for several years? Somebody's gotta be
    >>holding something back, eh?

    > HAS NOT been around for "several years". Get a clue boy. It took them
    >up until a few years ago just to get decent lifespan figures for blue
    >lasers that READ, much less devices that are powerful enough to write.
    >
    > Stop making shit up, you stupid retard!

    I hope you don't talk to people like this in person. DVD-RAM
    technology HAS BEEN around several years. Since Hi-Def technology was
    also introduced several years ago, you can't tell me that absolutely
    no one in electronics could forsee HD DVD-RAM. Unbelievable! Money is
    the bottom line and it drives technology to become more advanced to
    make more money. Entrepreneurs look ahead to the future to calculate
    ways to maximize profits. I'll tell you something else that's being
    withheld from consumers - 100 mpg cars! But that's for another
    newsgroup.

    just me, Oct 21, 2007
  7. On Sun, 21 Oct 2007 18:25:31 -0400, just me
    <> wrote:

    >On Sun, 21 Oct 2007 12:51:27 -0700, ChairmanOfTheBored
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>On Sun, 21 Oct 2007 17:56:57 GMT, just me <>
    >>wrote:
    >>
    >>>Just look around. Can you find any HD DVD-RAM products when this
    >>>technology has been around for several years? Somebody's gotta be
    >>>holding something back, eh?

    >> HAS NOT been around for "several years". Get a clue boy. It took them
    >>up until a few years ago just to get decent lifespan figures for blue
    >>lasers that READ, much less devices that are powerful enough to write.
    >>
    >> Stop making shit up, you stupid retard!

    >I hope you don't talk to people like this in person. DVD-RAM
    >technology HAS BEEN around several years. Since Hi-Def technology was
    >also introduced several years ago, you can't tell me that absolutely
    >no one in electronics could forsee HD DVD-RAM. Unbelievable! Money is
    >the bottom line and it drives technology to become more advanced to
    >make more money. Entrepreneurs look ahead to the future to calculate
    >ways to maximize profits. I'll tell you something else that's being
    >withheld from consumers - 100 mpg cars! But that's for another
    >newsgroup.

    Did you even read my post, you retarded twit!?

    HD requires BLUE lasers. Blue lasers were indeed invented years ago,
    HOWEVER, they have only come up with a viable, long lasting version
    recently, and THAT was only one limiting factor in your fantasy world.

    Do you know ANYTHING about manufacturing? It doesn't matter when an
    idea is started. What matters is when it becomes a viable, profitable,
    manufacturable technology.

    LCD displays are a perfect example.

    Maybe one day, you will catch up.

    And no, I only speak this way in person to dweebs like you. If you had
    any brains at all, you wouldn't have made such a stupid post to start
    with, worded in such a stupid manner.

    ChairmanOfTheBored, Oct 22, 2007
  8. just me

    Alpha Guest

    "ChairmanOfTheBored" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 21 Oct 2007 18:25:31 -0400, just me
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>On Sun, 21 Oct 2007 12:51:27 -0700, ChairmanOfTheBored
    >><> wrote:

    >>> HAS NOT been around for "several years". Get a clue boy. It took them
    >>>up until a few years ago just to get decent lifespan figures for blue
    >>>lasers that READ, much less devices that are powerful enough to write.
    >>>
    >>> Stop making shit up, you stupid retard!

    >>I hope you don't talk to people like this in person. DVD-RAM
    >>technology HAS BEEN around several years. Since Hi-Def technology was
    >>also introduced several years ago, you can't tell me that absolutely
    >>no one in electronics could forsee HD DVD-RAM. Unbelievable! Money is
    >>the bottom line and it drives technology to become more advanced to
    >>make more money. Entrepreneurs look ahead to the future to calculate
    >>ways to maximize profits. I'll tell you something else that's being
    >>withheld from consumers - 100 mpg cars! But that's for another
    >>newsgroup.

    > Did you even read my post, you retarded twit!?
    >
    > HD requires BLUE lasers. Blue lasers were indeed invented years ago,
    > HOWEVER, they have only come up with a viable, long lasting version
    > recently, and THAT was only one limiting factor in your fantasy world.
    >
    > Do you know ANYTHING about manufacturing? It doesn't matter when an
    > idea is started. What matters is when it becomes a viable, profitable,
    > manufacturable technology.
    >
    > LCD displays are a perfect example.
    >
    > Maybe one day, you will catch up.
    >
    > And no, I only speak this way in person to dweebs like you. If you had
    > any brains at all, you wouldn't have made such a stupid post to start
    > with, worded in such a stupid manner.

    Blu Ray is already available:

    http://www.edgewise-media.com/p2~P~TDK-BDRE.htm

    The entire HD DVD writable has been a fiasco.

    Alpha, Oct 22, 2007
  9. just me

    Alpha Guest

    PS

    Don't look around too hard. The June announced (with huge fanfare) Toshiba
    HD DVD writable/rewritable has not appeared...it dropped off the map.

    Alpha, Oct 22, 2007
  10. On Sun, 21 Oct 2007 19:51:37 -0700, "Alpha" <> wrote:

    >"ChairmanOfTheBored" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sun, 21 Oct 2007 18:25:31 -0400, just me
    >> <> wrote:

    >>>I hope you don't talk to people like this in person. DVD-RAM
    >>>technology HAS BEEN around several years. Since Hi-Def technology was
    >>>also introduced several years ago, you can't tell me that absolutely
    >>>no one in electronics could forsee HD DVD-RAM. Unbelievable! Money is
    >>>the bottom line and it drives technology to become more advanced to
    >>>make more money. Entrepreneurs look ahead to the future to calculate
    >>>ways to maximize profits. I'll tell you something else that's being
    >>>withheld from consumers - 100 mpg cars! But that's for another
    >>>newsgroup.

    >> Did you even read my post, you retarded twit!?
    >>
    >> HD requires BLUE lasers. Blue lasers were indeed invented years ago,
    >> HOWEVER, they have only come up with a viable, long lasting version
    >> recently, and THAT was only one limiting factor in your fantasy world.
    >>
    >> Do you know ANYTHING about manufacturing? It doesn't matter when an
    >> idea is started. What matters is when it becomes a viable, profitable,
    >> manufacturable technology.
    >>
    >> LCD displays are a perfect example.
    >>
    >> Maybe one day, you will catch up.
    >>
    >> And no, I only speak this way in person to dweebs like you. If you had
    >> any brains at all, you wouldn't have made such a stupid post to start
    >> with, worded in such a stupid manner.

    >Blu Ray is already available:
    >
    >http://www.edgewise-media.com/p2~P~TDK-BDRE.htm
    >
    >The entire HD DVD writable has been a fiasco.

    You missed his point entirely, you retarded ****.

    He was not talking about the HD DVD format. He was talking about RAM
    type optical storage as an emerging technology that his wee little brain
    seems to think should have been out years ago.

    He has no clue that some of us like hard drives, and the fact that our
    data is far more reliably stored on them, an far more readily accessed
    from them.

    ChairmanOfTheBored, Oct 22, 2007
  11. On Sun, 21 Oct 2007 19:54:36 -0700, "Alpha" <> wrote:

    >PS
    >
    >Don't look around too hard. The June announced (with huge fanfare) Toshiba
    >HD DVD writable/rewritable has not appeared...it dropped off the map.

    Again, you retarded fuckhead, he was not talking about ROM discs.

    ChairmanOfTheBored, Oct 22, 2007
  12. just me

    > On Sun, 21 Oct 2007 19:54:36 -0700, "Alpha" <> wrote:
    >
    >>PS
    >>
    >>Don't look around too hard. The June announced (with huge fanfare)
    >>Toshiba
    >>HD DVD writable/rewritable has not appeared...it dropped off the map.

    > Again, you retarded fuckhead, he was not talking about ROM discs.

    This is nonsensical. I was not talking about ROM discs. He was talking
    about write many read many....RAM is not exclusive to Panasonic's DVD-RAM
    idea!

    The only retard on here is you...as has been often demonstrated. You really
    need a psychiatrist.

    Alpha, Oct 22, 2007
  13. just me

    > On Sun, 21 Oct 2007 19:54:36 -0700, "Alpha" <> wrote:
    >
    >>PS
    >>
    >>Don't look around too hard. The June announced (with huge fanfare)
    >>Toshiba
    >>HD DVD writable/rewritable has not appeared...it dropped off the map.

    > Again, you retarded fuckhead, he was not talking about ROM discs.

    PS

    You certainly are the Chairman of the Bored...you are without a doubt the
    most incredibly boring moron here.

    Alpha, Oct 22, 2007
  14. just me

    just me Guest

    On Sun, 21 Oct 2007 23:13:12 -0700, "Alpha" <> wrote:

    >"ChairmanOfTheBored" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sun, 21 Oct 2007 19:54:36 -0700, "Alpha" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>PS
    >>>
    >>>Don't look around too hard. The June announced (with huge fanfare)
    >>>Toshiba
    >>>HD DVD writable/rewritable has not appeared...it dropped off the map.

    >> Again, you retarded fuckhead, he was not talking about ROM discs.

    >PS
    >
    >You certainly are the Chairman of the Bored...you are without a doubt the
    >most incredibly boring moron here.

    Don't waste your time on this guy - he's not worth it. He has a chip
    on his shoulder. He's arrogant, defiant, vicious and evil. The only
    thing you can do is ignore him. He can easily express this kind of
    temper behind his computer screen and keyboard but he's nothing but
    hot air. Let him act like this in society and see how far he gets.
    Unfortunately, there are people like this that do act this way toward
    others face to face. It's best to avoid people like this as much as
    possible.

    just me, Oct 23, 2007
  15. On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 02:31:24 GMT, just me <>
    wrote:

    >On Sun, 21 Oct 2007 23:13:12 -0700, "Alpha" <> wrote:
    >

    >>"ChairmanOfTheBored" <> wrote in message

    >>> Again, you retarded fuckhead, he was not talking about ROM discs.

    >>PS
    >>
    >>You certainly are the Chairman of the Bored...you are without a doubt the
    >>most incredibly boring moron here.
    >>

    >Don't waste your time on this guy - he's not worth it. He has a chip
    >on his shoulder. He's arrogant, defiant, vicious and evil. The only
    >thing you can do is ignore him. He can easily express this kind of
    >temper behind his computer screen and keyboard but he's nothing but
    >hot air. Let him act like this in society and see how far he gets.
    >Unfortunately, there are people like this that do act this way toward
    >others face to face. It's best to avoid people like this as much as
    >possible.

    Said the asswipe that knows enough about psychology to cover a molecular
    probe tip.

    ChairmanOfTheBored, Oct 23, 2007
  16. just me

    stolennomenclature