HD-DVD Outsells Beta Ray - Amazon. No Beta Ray in top 25.

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Luke Duke, Dec 28, 2007.

  1. Luke Duke

    POD {Ò¿Ó} Guest

    Gunther Gloop <> once tried to test me.
    I ate their liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti

    > Clive. wrote:
    >> In message <>, Gray One
    >> <> writes
    >>> In article <>,
    >>> says...

    >>> It's sometimes hard to believe there are others who can look at
    >>> these things with some perspective but I am sure (hope) we aren't
    >>> the only two. ;)

    >> No you're not, I'm the original Betamax man, indeed I still have the
    >> machine, but this time I'll wait for a winner. (Whichever I back
    >> will lose.)

    > That's just selfishness. You have an opportunity to fix it for all of
    > us and you're there sitting on the fence. Just buy one format now so
    > the rest of us will know (once and for all) to get the other.
    >
    > C'mon Clive. Do it for the future of the industry. Do it for mankind.
    > We may not thank you, but at least you'll have the satisfaction of
    > knowing you're bigger than all that.
    >
    > -Kevin.

    Yeah Clive, go buy a HDDVD drive now! You won't regret it ;-)

    --
    Thank you kindly

    POD {Ò¿Ó}
    ¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸
    Oh people, know that you have committed great sins.
    If you ask me what proof I have for these words,
    I say it is because I am the punishment of God.
    If you had not committed great sins,
    God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.
    ¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸
    POD {Ò¿Ó}, Jan 5, 2008

  2. Luke Duke

    Bill's News Guest

    "JR" <> wrote in message

    > "T.B." <> wrote in message
    >> "POD {Ò¿Ó}" wrote:
    >>
    >> (snip)
    >>
    >>> HD DVD fans are like Mac users, they feel so insecure about
    >>> their wrong
    >>> purchasing choice that they need to take swipes at the
    >>> opposing
    >>> technology.

    >> Too funny.
    >>
    >> T.B.

    > Beta Ray fans are the same. All fangirls are the same no
    > matter what they like.
    > Remeber everyone claming Apple was going to go broke
    > for..years..now they are massive and growing with stocks worth
    > $200 a share. Pretty good for a company that was declared dead
    > a million times :) I guess Apple/Steve Jobs owning Pixar helps
    > a bit as well, and that ipod and imac stuff :)

    I was fortunate to be among a group invited to PARC to see
    "Lisa." Xerox was then desperate to rid themselves of all
    computer related expenditures and I was totally awed at that
    time by what today would appear juvenile. The company I
    represented then did not see this as a viable investment. Steve
    Jobs toured shortly thereafter. History tells the rest of the
    story. Right up to the time it didn't happen, I thought Apple
    and hyperlinks were the way to go. Then Al Gore invented the
    internet, before going on to invent Swede-whelming, global
    warming and it all became moot;-0)

    BTW, this same company that I dealt with then also saw no future
    in owning cell phone tower rights. Never-the-less, it was a fun
    contract;-0)
    Bill's News, Jan 7, 2008

  3. Luke Duke

    *^&%$$#*%! Guest

    "POD {Ò¿Ó}" <> wrote in message
    > "Dan" <> once tried to test me. I ate their liver with
    > some fava beans and a nice chianti
    >
    >> So what is your point you own a HD DVD and you want it to win?
    >> This is the first proof that you found that it might.

    > No it isn't, it's taken 3 months for the Blade Runner Blu-ray to drop down
    > the charts, this dickless gimp has had to wait all year for this one blip
    > in the charts to cross post this shit all over usenet.

    Blade Runner on HD-DVD and Blu-Ray only came out last month.
    *^&%$$#*%!, Jan 11, 2008
  4. Luke Duke

    POD {Ò¿Ó} Guest

    "*^&%$$#*%!" <> once tried to test me. I ate
    their liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti

    > "POD {Ò¿Ó}" <> wrote in message
    >> "Dan" <> once tried to test me. I ate their liver
    >> with some fava beans and a nice chianti
    >>
    >>> So what is your point you own a HD DVD and you want it to win?
    >>> This is the first proof that you found that it might.

    >> No it isn't, it's taken 3 months for the Blade Runner Blu-ray to drop
    >> down the charts, this dickless gimp has had to wait all year for this
    >> one blip in the charts to cross post this shit all over usenet.

    > Blade Runner on HD-DVD and Blu-Ray only came out last month.

    Try keep up, it was topping the charts as a pre-sale on blu-ray. Amazon
    don't seperate items ordered between sold from stock or pre-sale. So it
    was in Amazon's chart from October, when it entered at number 3 in their
    list.

    --
    Thank you kindly

    POD {Ò¿Ó}