    skip Guest

    I just copy HD movies from showtime and HBO. no need for a HD dvd player or
    HD DVd's

    skip, Jul 28, 2006

  2. skip

    Richard C. Guest

    "skip" <skip[@nospam.com> wrote in message
    news:Xns980E3E609BD16sky@207.115.17.102...
    >I just copy HD movies from showtime and HBO. no need for a HD dvd player or
    > HD DVd's

    ======================================

    I bet you do it on a VHS machine too!

    Do you even know what HD is?

    Richard C., Jul 28, 2006

  3. "Richard C." <> wrote:

    >Do you even know what HD is?

    I would say that most of the general population doesn't.

    Kimba W. Lion, Jul 28, 2006
  4. skip

    skip Guest

    "Richard C." <> wrote in

    > "skip" <skip[@nospam.com> wrote in message
    >>I just copy HD movies from showtime and HBO. no need for a HD dvd
    >>player or
    >> HD DVd's

    > ======================================
    >
    > I bet you do it on a VHS machine too!
    >
    > Do you even know what HD is?

    I copy it on the tivo hd dvr fron Direct tv.

    skip, Jul 28, 2006
  5. skip

    AZ Nomad Guest

    On Fri, 28 Jul 2006 13:07:55 GMT, skip <skip> wrote:

    >I just copy HD movies from showtime and HBO. no need for a HD dvd player or
    >HD DVd's

    No need for a clue if you can't tell the difference.

    AZ Nomad, Jul 28, 2006
  6. skip

    skip Guest

    AZ Nomad <> wrote in

    > On Fri, 28 Jul 2006 13:07:55 GMT, skip <skip> wrote:
    >

    >>I just copy HD movies from showtime and HBO. no need for a HD dvd
    >>player or HD DVd's

    > No need for a clue if you can't tell the difference.

    Yes there is a diffrence but I am not a fanatic

    skip, Jul 29, 2006
  7. skip

    Tarkus Guest

    On 7/28/2006 4:20:36 PM, skip wrote:

    > AZ Nomad <> wrote in
    >
    >> On Fri, 28 Jul 2006 13:07:55 GMT, skip <skip> wrote:
    >>
    >>>I just copy HD movies from showtime and HBO. no need for a HD dvd
    >>>player or HD DVd's

    >> No need for a clue if you can't tell the difference.
    >>

    > Yes there is a diffrence but I am not a fanatic

    If you know there's a difference, what exactly was the point you were
    trying to make?
    --
    "All this torturing people gets me HOT!"

    Now playing: "Porcupine Tree - Drown With Me"

    Tarkus, Jul 29, 2006
  8. skip

    skip Guest

    Tarkus <> wrote in news:1ojax7ug1be1n
    $9.com:

    > On 7/28/2006 4:20:36 PM, skip wrote:
    >
    >> AZ Nomad <> wrote in

    >>> No need for a clue if you can't tell the difference.
    >>>

    >> Yes there is a diffrence but I am not a fanatic

    > If you know there's a difference, what exactly was the point you were
    > trying to make?

    never mind forget it

    skip, Jul 29, 2006
  9. skip

    AZ Nomad Guest

    On Fri, 28 Jul 2006 23:20:36 GMT, skip <skip> wrote:

    >AZ Nomad <> wrote in

    >> On Fri, 28 Jul 2006 13:07:55 GMT, skip <skip> wrote:
    >>

    >>>I just copy HD movies from showtime and HBO. no need for a HD dvd
    >>>player or HD DVd's

    >> No need for a clue if you can't tell the difference.
    >>

    >Yes there is a diffrence but I am not a fanatic

    Now might be a good time for you to mention what the hell you're copying to.

    AZ Nomad, Jul 29, 2006
  10. skip

    Tarkus Guest

    On 7/28/2006 4:50:57 PM, skip wrote:

    > Tarkus <> wrote in news:1ojax7ug1be1n
    > $9.com:
    >
    >> On 7/28/2006 4:20:36 PM, skip wrote:
    >>
    >>> AZ Nomad <> wrote in

    >>> Yes there is a diffrence but I am not a fanatic

    >> If you know there's a difference, what exactly was the point you were
    >> trying to make?

    > never mind forget it

    That's what I thought - you had no point.
    --
    "You're a monster, Zorg."

    Now playing: "Porcupine Tree - Chloroform"

    Tarkus, Jul 29, 2006
  11. On Fri, 28 Jul 2006 13:07:55 GMT, skip <skip[@nospam.com> Gave us:

    >I just copy HD movies from showtime and HBO. no need for a HD dvd player or
    >HD DVd's

    HBO and Showtime does not broadcast in HD.

    It is widescreen, but it is not HD.

    Also, you don't get an HD "copy" either.

    Phat Bytestard, Jul 29, 2006
  12. On Fri, 28 Jul 2006 23:20:36 GMT, skip <skip[@nospam.com> Gave us:

    >AZ Nomad <> wrote in
    >
    >> On Fri, 28 Jul 2006 13:07:55 GMT, skip <skip> wrote:
    >>

    >>>I just copy HD movies from showtime and HBO. no need for a HD dvd
    >>>player or HD DVd's

    >> No need for a clue if you can't tell the difference.
    >>

    >Yes there is a diffrence but I am not a fanatic

    You do, however, qualify as an uneducated idiot.

    Phat Bytestard, Jul 29, 2006
  13. skip

    Beavis Guest

    Beavis, Jul 29, 2006
  14. On Sat, 29 Jul 2006 02:20:21 GMT, Beavis <> Gave us:

    >In article <>,
    > Phat Bytestard <> wrote:
    >
    >> HBO and Showtime does not broadcast in HD.
    >>
    >> It is widescreen, but it is not HD.

    >You are 100% incorrect:
    >
    >http://www.hbo.com/corpinfo/faq/hbohdfaq.shtml
    >
    >"The entire HBO HD network is presented in a format called 1080-line
    >interlaced (1080-i)."

    Except that cable TV is on a 6Mhz wide channel. Guess what cannot
    pass over such a channel.

    >http://www.sho.com/site/enhancements/hdtv.do
    >
    >"The majority of Showtime's primetime programming is shown in high
    >definition."

    See above.

    Phat Bytestard, Jul 29, 2006
  15. skip

    AZ Nomad Guest

    On Sat, 29 Jul 2006 05:07:08 GMT, Phat Bytestard <> wrote:

    >On Sat, 29 Jul 2006 02:20:21 GMT, Beavis <> Gave us:

    >>In article <>,
    >> Phat Bytestard <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> HBO and Showtime does not broadcast in HD.
    >>>
    >>> It is widescreen, but it is not HD.

    >>You are 100% incorrect:
    >>
    >>http://www.hbo.com/corpinfo/faq/hbohdfaq.shtml
    >>
    >>"The entire HBO HD network is presented in a format called 1080-line
    >>interlaced (1080-i)."

    > Except that cable TV is on a 6Mhz wide channel. Guess what cannot
    >pass over such a channel.

    Unless, of course, you send it digitally.

    AZ Nomad, Jul 29, 2006
  16. skip

    Beavis Guest

    In article <>,
    Phat Bytestard <> wrote:

    > >"The entire HBO HD network is presented in a format called 1080-line
    > >interlaced (1080-i)."

    > Except that cable TV is on a 6Mhz wide channel. Guess what cannot
    > pass over such a channel.

    As AZ Nomad correctly points out, the information is sent digitally, and
    thus can be spread across several discrete channels if the bandwidth
    requirements dictate. (That's what cable internet does, incidentally.)

    Beavis, Jul 29, 2006
  17. skip

    skip Guest

    AZ Nomad <> wrote in

    > On Fri, 28 Jul 2006 23:20:36 GMT, skip <skip> wrote:
    >

    >>AZ Nomad <> wrote in

    >>> No need for a clue if you can't tell the difference.
    >>>

    >>Yes there is a diffrence but I am not a fanatic

    > Now might be a good time for you to mention what the hell you're
    > copying to.

    I already said I am copying to a HD tivo from Direct TV and watching it on
    my JVC hd ILa set .

    skip, Jul 29, 2006
  18. skip

    GMAN Guest

    In article <>, Phat Bytestard <> wrote:
    >On Sat, 29 Jul 2006 02:20:21 GMT, Beavis <> Gave us:
    >
    >>In article <>,
    >> Phat Bytestard <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> HBO and Showtime does not broadcast in HD.
    >>>
    >>> It is widescreen, but it is not HD.

    >>You are 100% incorrect:
    >>
    >>http://www.hbo.com/corpinfo/faq/hbohdfaq.shtml
    >>
    >>"The entire HBO HD network is presented in a format called 1080-line
    >>interlaced (1080-i)."

    > Except that cable TV is on a 6Mhz wide channel. Guess what cannot
    >pass over such a channel.
    >
    >>http://www.sho.com/site/enhancements/hdtv.do
    >>
    >>"The majority of Showtime's primetime programming is shown in high
    >>definition."

    > See above.

    He has DirecTV, who gives a shit that cable cannot do it, DirecTV has
    broadcast HBO and Showtime in HD for a few years now.

    GMAN, Jul 31, 2006