    HD DVD stuff recorded to 4.7Gig disks.

    Thanks in anticipation.

    Pete
    Captain Zog, Oct 5, 2007

  2. Captain Zog

    Winfield Guest

    Captain Zog wrote:
    > I have downloaded a demo version of Nero 8. I am unable to find any way of
    > burning HD Mpgs to HD DVD's. I wonder if this is not a feature of Nero 8. Is
    > there any other software that users can recommend? I don't have a HD DVD
    > burner, but I believe my Tosh' stand alone DVD player should be able to play
    > HD DVD stuff recorded to 4.7Gig disks.
    >
    > Thanks in anticipation.
    >
    > Pete

    If you want to burn HD files to a standard 4.7 Gb DVD, wouldn't you just
    burn the file as data?

    I have burned "I Robot" HD movie that someone processed into a Matroska
    "container" file format (i.e.; I Robot.mkv). If the *.mkv file is on my
    hard-drive, Core Player/VLC play it well. If I try to play off of the
    DVD player, it staggers and crawls.

    The other format folks post is Transport Stream (*.ts). This should
    also be burned onto a DVD as a data file, NOT video file, methinks.

    What file extension do you have on your movie file?

    - winfield
    Winfield, Oct 5, 2007