    players out there (HD-DVD, not BluRay).. but none offer multi disc
    options.. like 3 or 5 etc...?

    Cheers
    markm75, Jan 8, 2007

  2. markm75 wrote:
    > Has anyone received any inside info on this idea.. I see lots of HD
    > players out there (HD-DVD, not BluRay).. but none offer multi disc
    > options.. like 3 or 5 etc...?

    .....ARE there 3 or 5 disks of either format yet? ;)

    Derek Janssen (then again, if you just want to rotate your three copies
    of "Batman Begins")
    Derek Janssen, Jan 8, 2007

  3. markm75

    MassiveProng Guest

    On 7 Jan 2007 19:34:47 -0800, "markm75" <> Gave us:

    >Has anyone received any inside info on this idea.. I see lots of HD
    >players out there (HD-DVD, not BluRay).. but none offer multi disc
    >options.. like 3 or 5 etc...?
    >
    >Cheers

    If enough folks would have bought players, there would be. Folks
    like you that wait are going to have to wait a while longer.

    They are only on their second generation of players at this point.

    Opening a tray five times and inserting five discs is a loss of a
    whole half minute over opening a five disc tray and inserting five
    discs.

    Big deal. If I am ever that lazy remind me to kill myself.

    At this point in my life, every two calories I burn count, and the
    extra effort to deal with discs in a one-at-a-time fashion is two
    calories per disc that I can use.
    MassiveProng, Jan 8, 2007
  4. markm75

    Mark Jones Guest

    Derek Janssen wrote:
    > markm75 wrote:
    >> Has anyone received any inside info on this idea.. I see lots of HD
    >> players out there (HD-DVD, not BluRay).. but none offer multi disc
    >> options.. like 3 or 5 etc...?

    > ....ARE there 3 or 5 disks of either format yet? ;)

    My local Blockbuster has about 30 of each type available
    for rental. It is still too early to have a clue as to which
    one is going to come out a winner, if either one does.
    Mark Jones, Jan 8, 2007
  5. markm75

    markm75 Guest

    Mark Jones wrote:
    > Derek Janssen wrote:
    > > markm75 wrote:
    > >> Has anyone received any inside info on this idea.. I see lots of HD
    > >> players out there (HD-DVD, not BluRay).. but none offer multi disc
    > >> options.. like 3 or 5 etc...?

    > > ....ARE there 3 or 5 disks of either format yet? ;)

    > My local Blockbuster has about 30 of each type available
    > for rental. It is still too early to have a clue as to which
    > one is going to come out a winner, if either one does.

    Its not "lazy" to ask for convience.. especially when paying the hefty
    price that frequently associates with technology. There are many
    times, when going from one disc to another on the fly is desirable..
    especially if you have kids and alot of dvds that are watched on a
    weekly/daily basis between them.

    As far as the format wars.. by all indications (currently), HD-DVD
    appears to be winning.. I'm also willing to bet it will win in the
    end.. with BluRay becoming more of a PC backup medium.

    Cheers.
    markm75, Jan 8, 2007
  6. markm75

    MassiveProng Guest

    On Sun, 07 Jan 2007 23:08:23 -0500, Derek Janssen
    <> Gave us:

    >....ARE there 3 or 5 disks of either format yet? ;)

    Wow... You're funnier than flava flav.
    MassiveProng, Jan 9, 2007
  7. markm75

    Neck & Red Guest

    "MassiveProng" <> wrote in
    message news:...
    > On Sun, 07 Jan 2007 23:08:23 -0500, Derek Janssen
    > <> Gave us:
    >
    >>....ARE there 3 or 5 disks of either format yet? ;)

    > Wow... You're funnier than flava flav.

    A box full of dead kittens is funnier than flavar flav.
    Neck & Red, Jan 11, 2007