    hi I have a Sony digital camcorder and was think of upgrading to a HD
    camcorder but now with Blu Ray coming out on top what's the future of
    camcorders should I invest in a HDD camcorder thanks for any thoughts

    BelfastM2, Mar 8, 2008

  2. BelfastM2

    PeeCee Guest

    "BelfastM2" <> wrote in message
    news:YdFAj.719$...
    > hi I have a Sony digital camcorder and was think of upgrading to a HD
    > camcorder but now with Blu Ray coming out on top what's the future of
    > camcorders should I invest in a HDD camcorder thanks for any thoughts

    The future of camcorders should not be affected by the demise of 'HD-DVD'
    All that's happended is the market has settled on one standard for high
    capacity, high density capable, next generation optical disks.

    You will still be able to go out and agonise over which Camcorder to buy ie
    Tape or Optical disk or Hard disk drive or Flash memory... Standard
    Definintion, High Definition, 780p, 1080i, .....

    Have a read of the howto's and What is's on this site www.videohelp.com to
    better understand what it's all about.

    Best
    Paul.

    PeeCee, Mar 9, 2008

  3. BelfastM2

    HEMI-Powered Guest

    BelfastM2 added these comments in the current discussion du jour

    > hi I have a Sony digital camcorder and was think of upgrading
    > to a HD camcorder but now with Blu Ray coming out on top
    > what's the future of camcorders should I invest in a HDD
    > camcorder thanks for any thoughts

    about the same as them who bought Sony BetaMax video recorders way
    back when or 8-track tape players for their car.

    --
    HP, aka Jerry

    "Surely you jest - and don't call me Shirley!" - from the movie
    "Airplane!"

    HEMI-Powered, Mar 9, 2008
  4. BelfastM2

    Larry Guest

    I still use my Sony SuperBeta Hi-Fi and Sony Beta Camcorder, occasionally.

    Larry

    "HEMI-Powered" <> wrote in message
    : BelfastM2 added these comments in the current discussion du jour
    : ...
    :
    : > hi I have a Sony digital camcorder and was think of upgrading
    : > to a HD camcorder but now with Blu Ray coming out on top
    : > what's the future of camcorders should I invest in a HDD
    : > camcorder thanks for any thoughts
    : >
    : about the same as them who bought Sony BetaMax video recorders way
    : back when or 8-track tape players for their car.
    :
    : --
    : HP, aka Jerry
    :

    Larry, Mar 9, 2008
  5. BelfastM2

    Guest

    HEMI-Powered wrote:
    > BelfastM2 added these comments in the current discussion du jour
    >
    > > hi I have a Sony digital camcorder and was think of upgrading
    > > to a HD camcorder but now with Blu Ray coming out on top
    > > what's the future of camcorders should I invest in a HDD
    > > camcorder thanks for any thoughts
    > >

    > about the same as them who bought Sony BetaMax video recorders way
    > back when or 8-track tape players for their car.
    >
    > --
    > HP, aka Jerry
    >
    > "Surely you jest - and don't call me Shirley!" - from the movie
    > "Airplane!"

    I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwyrGwM4a7M

    Had it on betamax, recorded from HBO, from the antenna thing on the
    roof

    , Mar 9, 2008
  6. BelfastM2

    HEMI-Powered Guest

    Larry added these comments in the current discussion du jour ...

    > I still use my Sony SuperBeta Hi-Fi and Sony Beta Camcorder,
    > occasionally.

    My last Sony beta machine died some years ago. I looked at the list
    of TV shows and movies I had on over 100 tapes and decided they
    weren't worth saving. All that I converted was perhaps a couple of
    hours of military shows that had some relevance to my father's WWII
    Marine experiences.

    That said, the issue I was commenting on is when a technology is
    obsoleted by the marketplace, it is generally foolhardy to buy
    hardware that supports it except for legacy media reasons.

    HEMI-Powered, Mar 9, 2008
  7. BelfastM2

    HEMI-Powered Guest

    >> "Surely you jest - and don't call me Shirley!" - from the
    >> movie "Airplane!"

    > I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue

    There's so many good deadpan quotes in the two Airplane! movies
    that it's impossible to list them all. What made them so humorous
    and long-living is the superb delivery by name actors normally
    known for dramatic rather than comedic roles.

    HEMI-Powered, Mar 9, 2008