    It looks promising but would like to know before I buy.
    Thanks
    Jim
    Jim, Nov 28, 2004

  2. Jim

    My108Mbps Guest

    Hello Jim:

    I finally got my hands on a HSB1 and was able
    to compare it to the Renasis BA24j booster I
    was using previously. Both work fine with
    both 802.11g and SuperG networks.

    Generally these boosters work slightly better
    than a high-gain antenna by itself because
    an antenna can only redirect the energy - a
    booster can actually add energy to the signal.

    NOTE: I would advise caution if you plan
    to attach an antenna with more than about
    6 dBi of gain to the HSB1 when it is set
    to 500 mW mode. (The microwave radiation
    levels can become significant if you use
    a high-gain antenna with a booster like
    this).
    My108Mbps, Dec 22, 2004