Having Some Trouble Sending My Python File To My Command Prompt

Discussion in 'General Computer Support' started by Aerospace Engineer, Oct 14, 2011.

  1. Aerospace Engineer

    Aerospace Engineer

    Joined:
    Oct 14, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Hi,

    3 Days ago I began learning a programming language called Python. I am really enjoying it, but it seems as though I have hit a roadbloack and can't seem to get any help on the matter.

    I have already entered ;C:\Python27\ in my path under System Variables, I am able to write python in my command prompt, and it works just like it's supposed to. Everything was going great until today. I got to the part where I was being taught to make a file using Gedit Text Editor. I succesfully saved a file to a folder on my laptop called 'python practice' (the files name is ex1.py)

    I was then told in my lesson to open my command prompt (windows 7) and to type in ex1.py. However when I did this is what my command prompt said:

    SyntaxError: Invalid Syntax

    PLEASE HELP!

    sincerely,

    Aerospace Engineer

    P.S. if you need more info please just ask. I really want to move on with learning this!
    Aerospace Engineer, Oct 14, 2011