    new mouse. What would you suggest to solve the problem,
    Thanks Fred
    OS is WindME
    Fred J, Sep 25, 2003

  2. Fred J

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Fred J said:

    > Recently my mouse started giving me trouble, I have to try a few times
    > to bring the curser to the right place it is very hard to control it and it
    > is jumpy. I replaced the mouse but it is doing the same thing with the
    > new mouse. What would you suggest to solve the problem,
    > Thanks Fred
    > OS is WindME

    Scrap WinME and get a more stable platform ?
    Brian H¹©, Sep 25, 2003

  3. Fred J

    Gitano Guest

    Fred J came up with this: news:i0qcb.2986$:

    > Recently my mouse started giving me trouble, I have to try a few times
    > to bring the curser to the right place it is very hard to control it
    > and it is jumpy. I replaced the mouse but it is doing the same thing
    > with the new mouse. What would you suggest to solve the problem,
    > Thanks Fred
    > OS is WindME

    Sometime my mouse also have these problem. So I took the hammer and
    smashed the mouse. New mouse works great.

    What is an OS?

    --
    "Life is a bitch, and finally you end up marrying one..."
    Gitano, Sep 25, 2003
  4. Fred J

    Phil Guest

    "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    > Fred J said:
    >
    > > Recently my mouse started giving me trouble, I have to try a few times
    > > to bring the curser to the right place it is very hard to control it and

    it
    > > is jumpy. I replaced the mouse but it is doing the same thing with the
    > > new mouse. What would you suggest to solve the problem,
    > > Thanks Fred
    > > OS is WindME

    > Scrap WinME and get a more stable platform ?

    Brilliant advice NOT!
    go play on the middle of the motorway and stop giving stupid advice!

    ---
    Phil, Sep 25, 2003
  5. Fred J

    Bryan Guest

    "Phil" <> wrote in message
    > "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    >> Fred J said:
    >>
    >>> Recently my mouse started giving me trouble, I have to try a few
    >>> times to bring the curser to the right place it is very hard to
    >>> control it and it is jumpy. I replaced the mouse but it is doing
    >>> the same thing with the new mouse. What would you suggest to solve
    >>> the problem,
    >>> Thanks Fred
    >>> OS is WindME

    >> Scrap WinME and get a more stable platform ?
    >>

    > Brilliant advice NOT!
    > go play on the middle of the motorway and stop giving stupid advice!

    Phil, it *is* good advice. Didn't see you giving advice to the OP!
    But that's your right!
    :)
    OBTW snipped useless sig! Hope you don't mind :)
    Bryan
    Bryan, Sep 25, 2003
  6. Fred J

    Phil Guest

    "Bryan" <> wrote in message
    > "Phil" <> wrote in message
    > > "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message

    > >> Scrap WinME and get a more stable platform ?
    > >>

    > > Brilliant advice NOT!
    > > go play on the middle of the motorway and stop giving stupid advice!

    > Phil, it *is* good advice. Didn't see you giving advice to the OP!
    > But that's your right!
    > :)
    > OBTW snipped useless sig! Hope you don't mind :)
    > Bryan

    Cheers for the respect Bryan, but I still think it is overkill to scrap an
    OS for just a mouse problem.

    What useless sig! would that be then Brian?

    Phil

    ---
    Phil, Sep 25, 2003
  7. Fred J

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Phil said:

    > "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    >> Fred J said:
    >>
    >>> Recently my mouse started giving me trouble, I have to try a few times
    >>> to bring the curser to the right place it is very hard to control it and it
    >>> is jumpy. I replaced the mouse but it is doing the same thing with the
    >>> new mouse. What would you suggest to solve the problem,
    >>> Thanks Fred
    >>> OS is WindME

    >> Scrap WinME and get a more stable platform ?
    >>

    > Brilliant advice NOT!
    > go play on the middle of the motorway and stop giving stupid advice!

    And your advice to the poster would be ?
    Brian H¹©, Sep 25, 2003
  8. Fred J

    Phil Guest

    "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    > Phil said:
    >
    > > "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message

    and it

    > >> Scrap WinME and get a more stable platform ?
    > >>

    > > Brilliant advice NOT!
    > > go play on the middle of the motorway and stop giving stupid advice!
    > >

    > And your advice to the poster would be ?

    Something more useful than yours, if OP gave more info!

    M5 or M6 either one will do the trick!

    Phil

    ---
    Phil, Sep 25, 2003
  9. Fred J

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Phil said:

    > "Bryan" <> wrote in message
    >> "Phil" <> wrote in message
    >>> "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message

    >>> Brilliant advice NOT!
    >>> go play on the middle of the motorway and stop giving stupid advice!

    >> Phil, it *is* good advice. Didn't see you giving advice to the OP!
    >> But that's your right!
    >> :)
    >> OBTW snipped useless sig! Hope you don't mind :)
    >> Bryan

    > Cheers for the respect Bryan, but I still think it is overkill to scrap an
    > OS for just a mouse problem.
    >
    > What useless sig! would that be then Brian?
    >
    > Phil
    >>

    > ---

    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ *THAT USELESS SIG* ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Brian H¹©, Sep 25, 2003
  10. Fred J

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Phil said:

    > "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    >> Phil said:
    >>
    >>> "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message

    >>> Brilliant advice NOT!
    >>> go play on the middle of the motorway and stop giving stupid advice!
    >>>

    >> And your advice to the poster would be ?

    > Something more useful than yours, if OP gave more info!

    You didn't offer any advice, not even a guess, all you did was mouth off at me.

    Go **** yourself, right after you get rid of the totally useless sig.

    Brian H¹©, Sep 25, 2003
  11. Fred J

    Phil Guest

    "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    > Phil said:
    >
    > > "Bryan" <> wrote in message
    > >> "Phil" <> wrote in message

    > >> Phil, it *is* good advice. Didn't see you giving advice to the OP!
    > >> But that's your right!
    > >> :)
    > >> OBTW snipped useless sig! Hope you don't mind :)
    > >> Bryan

    > > Cheers for the respect Bryan, but I still think it is overkill to scrap

    an
    > > OS for just a mouse problem.
    > >
    > > What useless sig! would that be then Brian?
    > >
    > > Phil
    > >>

    > > ---

    > ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ *THAT USELESS SIG* ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

    Right - That Signature - got it Brian. lol

    I don't fully understand why so many guys on this newsgroup, you might be
    one of them, get so uptight when we don't take the trouble to remove the
    grisoft sig. Please explain why, and this really is an honest request...

    Phil.

    ---
    Phil, Sep 25, 2003
  12. Fred J

    Phil Guest

    "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    > Phil said:
    >
    > > "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message

    times

    and

    with the

    > >> And your advice to the poster would be ?

    > > Something more useful than yours, if OP gave more info!

    > You didn't offer any advice, not even a guess, all you did was mouth off

    at me.

    > > M5 or M6 either one will do the trick!

    > Go **** yourself, right after you get rid of the totally useless sig.
    >

    > > Phil
    > >>

    > > ---

    Language Timothy! Now, you get back in your pram and make sure all your toys
    are in there as well........

    ---
    Phil, Sep 25, 2003
  13. Fred J

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Phil said:

    > "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    >> Phil said:
    >>
    >>> "Bryan" <> wrote in message

    >>> Cheers for the respect Bryan, but I still think it is overkill to scrap an
    >>> OS for just a mouse problem.
    >>>
    >>> What useless sig! would that be then Brian?
    >>>
    >>> Phil
    >>>>

    >>> ---

    >> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ *THAT USELESS SIG* ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    >>

    > Right - That Signature - got it Brian. lol
    >
    > I don't fully understand why so many guys on this newsgroup, you might be
    > one of them, get so uptight when we don't take the trouble to remove the
    > grisoft sig. Please explain why, and this really is an honest request...
    >
    > Phil.
    >

    > ---

    1. You are posting using plain text on usenet, not sending e-mail.
    2. You *cannot* certify yourself virus free, only free of *known* viruses.
    Brian H¹©, Sep 25, 2003
  14. Fred J

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Phil said:

    > "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    >> Phil said:
    >>
    >>> "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message

    >>> Something more useful than yours, if OP gave more info!

    >> You didn't offer any advice, not even a guess, all you did was mouth off at
    >> me.
    >>

    >>> M5 or M6 either one will do the trick!

    >> Go **** yourself, right after you get rid of the totally useless sig.
    >>

    >>> Phil
    >>>>

    >>> ---

    > Language Timothy! Now, you get back in your pram and make sure all your toys
    > are in there as well........

    <*PLONK*>

    Brian H¹©, Sep 25, 2003
  15. Fred J

    Bryan Guest

    "Phil" <> wrote in message
    > "Bryan" <> wrote in message
    >> "Phil" <> wrote in message
    >>> "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message

    >>> Brilliant advice NOT!
    >>> go play on the middle of the motorway and stop giving stupid advice!

    >> Phil, it *is* good advice. Didn't see you giving advice to the OP!
    >> But that's your right!
    >> :)
    >> OBTW snipped useless sig! Hope you don't mind :)
    >> Bryan

    > Cheers for the respect Bryan, but I still think it is overkill to
    > scrap an OS for just a mouse problem.

    Well, we know that the OP has a lot more probs than the mouse.
    As we know, it could be disc space, mem, et.al. All these are helped / not
    helped by the OS. WinME is, as I'm sure you're aware, is a load of old ...
    well, codswallop springs to mind, so if the OP was to change to, say...
    98SE, XP Pro, 2K, (the Linux boyos are going to jump in here), I think the
    OP would be somewhat better off.
    Mind you, this is JMO!
    :)

    Bryan, Sep 25, 2003
  16. Fred J

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Bryan said:

    > "Phil" <> wrote in message
    >> "Bryan" <> wrote in message
    >>> "Phil" <> wrote in message

    >>> Phil, it *is* good advice. Didn't see you giving advice to the OP!
    >>> But that's your right!
    >>> :)
    >>> OBTW snipped useless sig! Hope you don't mind :)
    >>> Bryan

    >> Cheers for the respect Bryan, but I still think it is overkill to
    >> scrap an OS for just a mouse problem.

    > Well, we know that the OP has a lot more probs than the mouse.
    > As we know, it could be disc space, mem, et.al. All these are helped / not
    > helped by the OS. WinME is, as I'm sure you're aware, is a load of old ...
    > well, codswallop springs to mind, so if the OP was to change to, say...
    > 98SE, XP Pro, 2K, (the Linux boyos are going to jump in here), I think the
    > OP would be somewhat better off.
    > Mind you, this is JMO!
    > :)

    LOL, I missed the chance of using my newly acquired sig, so I'll piggyback it
    here *eg*

    --
    Ignoranus:
    A person who's both stupid and an asshole.

    Brian H¹©, Sep 25, 2003
  17. Fred J

    Phil Guest

    "Bryan" <> wrote in message
    > "Phil" <> wrote in message
    > > "Bryan" <> wrote in message
    > >> "Phil" <> wrote in message

    > >> Phil, it *is* good advice. Didn't see you giving advice to the OP!
    > >> But that's your right!
    > >> :)
    > >> OBTW snipped useless sig! Hope you don't mind :)
    > >> Bryan

    > > Cheers for the respect Bryan, but I still think it is overkill to
    > > scrap an OS for just a mouse problem.

    > Well, we know that the OP has a lot more probs than the mouse.
    > As we know, it could be disc space, mem, et.al. All these are helped / not
    > helped by the OS. WinME is, as I'm sure you're aware, is a load of old ...
    > well, codswallop springs to mind, so if the OP was to change to, say...
    > 98SE, XP Pro, 2K, (the Linux boyos are going to jump in here), I think the
    > OP would be somewhat better off.
    > Mind you, this is JMO!
    > :)

    And a very good opinion Bryan (I spelt it correctly this time, sorry)

    How is it you are so different form all the others then Bryan, you aren't
    sarcastic, rude, in fact you are an absolute gent!
    Phil

    > > What useless sig! would that be then Brian?
    > >
    > > Phil
    > >>

    > > ---

    ---
    Phil, Sep 25, 2003
  18. Fred J

    Phil Guest

    "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    > Bryan said:
    >
    > > "Phil" <> wrote in message
    > >> "Bryan" <> wrote in message

    > >> Cheers for the respect Bryan, but I still think it is overkill to
    > >> scrap an OS for just a mouse problem.

    > > Well, we know that the OP has a lot more probs than the mouse.
    > > As we know, it could be disc space, mem, et.al. All these are helped /

    not
    > > helped by the OS. WinME is, as I'm sure you're aware, is a load of old

    > > well, codswallop springs to mind, so if the OP was to change to, say...
    > > 98SE, XP Pro, 2K, (the Linux boyos are going to jump in here), I think

    the
    > > OP would be somewhat better off.
    > > Mind you, this is JMO!
    > > :)
    > >

    > LOL, I missed the chance of using my newly acquired sig, so I'll piggyback

    it
    > here *eg*
    >

    > --
    > Ignoranus:
    > A person who's both stupid and an asshole.
    >

    > >> What useless sig! would that be then Brian?

    Oh dear I am getting my "Bryans / Brians" mixed up!!!! - - - Ignoranus:> A
    person who's both stupid and an asshole. very good Brian.. lol

    > >> Phil
    > >>>

    > >> ---

    ---
    Phil, Sep 25, 2003
  19. Fred J

    Bryan Guest

    "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    > Bryan said:
    >
    >> "Phil" <> wrote in message
    >>> "Bryan" <> wrote in message

    >>> Cheers for the respect Bryan, but I still think it is overkill to
    >>> scrap an OS for just a mouse problem.

    >> Well, we know that the OP has a lot more probs than the mouse.
    >> As we know, it could be disc space, mem, et.al. All these are helped
    >> / not helped by the OS. WinME is, as I'm sure you're aware, is a
    >> load of old ... well, codswallop springs to mind, so if the OP was
    >> to change to, say... 98SE, XP Pro, 2K, (the Linux boyos are going to
    >> jump in here), I think the OP would be somewhat better off.
    >> Mind you, this is JMO!
    >> :)
    >>

    > LOL, I missed the chance of using my newly acquired sig, so I'll
    > piggyback it here *eg*

    I wonder where you got that from?...
    ;)
    lol

    <snippo de resto>
    Bryan, Sep 25, 2003
  20. Fred J

    Jerry G. Guest

    What type of rat (mouse) are you using?

    If this is a new mouse, did you check the surface that is moving on? If
    there was any dirt or debris, some may have entered in to the mouse.

    Check out the parameters of the driver, such as motion, and the acceleration
    sensitivity.

    I have used ME with different types of rats, and found that it worked okay.
    Since your last one worked okay when it was new, there is no reason that the
    new one should not be okay.

    When installing the new one, the old set-up characteristics for movement and
    acceleration may have stayed. If these are not properly set up, there will
    be over-sensitivity, as such that you are describing.

    --

    Greetings,

    Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
    WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com