Having Problems with Message Rules and Dictionary Install.

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Reg Mouatt, Oct 4, 2004.

  1. Reg Mouatt

    Reg Mouatt Guest

    Hi,
    Have just installed TB but find I am having difficulty in setting
    any rules. Having created the rule, it is when indicating to which
    folder I want the message moved to, I find the final OK button remains
    greyed out so cannot complete the rule.

    I am also trying to install an English/GB dictionary but when right
    clicking this choice, the 'Save link to disk' indicated on the
    download page does not appear in the dialogue box. I can simply go
    ahead and instruct to 'download', which it does but then I cannot find
    where this has gone, neither does it appear in the list of
    dictionaries installed.
    Apart from doing an uninstall and reinstall, any other ideas, please?

    Reg
    Reg Mouatt, Oct 4, 2004
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Reg Mouatt wrote:
    > Hi,
    > Have just installed TB but find I am having difficulty in setting
    > any rules. Having created the rule, it is when indicating to which
    > folder I want the message moved to, I find the final OK button remains
    > greyed out so cannot complete the rule.
    >
    > I am also trying to install an English/GB dictionary but when right
    > clicking this choice, the 'Save link to disk' indicated on the
    > download page does not appear in the dialogue box. I can simply go
    > ahead and instruct to 'download', which it does but then I cannot find
    > where this has gone, neither does it appear in the list of
    > dictionaries installed.
    > Apart from doing an uninstall and reinstall, any other ideas, please?
    >
    > Reg


    No problem creating message filters here.

    Could you specify where you are downloading the dictionary file from?
    If I can see what's happening, I may be able to offer some help.

    In the meantime, check your browser's pref-options for the default
    download directory. In Firefox, Tools>>downloads should tell you, or in
    Mozilla Tools>>Download Manager should show it as well.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Oct 4, 2004
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Reg Mouatt

    Reg Mouatt Guest

    On Sun, 03 Oct 2004 23:31:40 GMT, Leonidas Jones <>
    wrote:

    >Reg Mouatt wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >> Have just installed TB but find I am having difficulty in setting
    >> any rules. Having created the rule, it is when indicating to which
    >> folder I want the message moved to, I find the final OK button remains
    >> greyed out so cannot complete the rule.
    >>
    >> I am also trying to install an English/GB dictionary but when right
    >> clicking this choice, the 'Save link to disk' indicated on the
    >> download page does not appear in the dialogue box. I can simply go
    >> ahead and instruct to 'download', which it does but then I cannot find
    >> where this has gone, neither does it appear in the list of
    >> dictionaries installed.
    >> Apart from doing an uninstall and reinstall, any other ideas, please?
    >>
    >> Reg

    >
    >No problem creating message filters here.


    >
    >Could you specify where you are downloading the dictionary file from?
    >If I can see what's happening, I may be able to offer some help.
    >
    >In the meantime, check your browser's pref-options for the default
    >download directory. In Firefox, Tools>>downloads should tell you, or in
    >Mozilla Tools>>Download Manager should show it as well.
    >
    >Lee


    Thanks Lee, for the response,
    I am getting the dictionary via TB/Write/Spell Checker where it
    denotes the language used, there is a drop down menu which gives the
    choice of obtaining more dictionaries.
    I think I will try a reinstall to see if that cures the message rules
    problem.

    Reg
    Reg Mouatt, Oct 4, 2004
    #3
  4. Reg Mouatt

    Reg Mouatt Guest

    On Mon, 4 Oct 2004 08:25:50 +0000 (UTC), Reg Mouatt
    <> wrote:

    >On Sun, 03 Oct 2004 23:31:40 GMT, Leonidas Jones <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>Reg Mouatt wrote:
    >>> Hi,
    >>> Have just installed TB but find I am having difficulty in setting
    >>> any rules. Having created the rule, it is when indicating to which
    >>> folder I want the message moved to, I find the final OK button remains
    >>> greyed out so cannot complete the rule.
    >>>
    >>> I am also trying to install an English/GB dictionary but when right
    >>> clicking this choice, the 'Save link to disk' indicated on the
    >>> download page does not appear in the dialogue box. I can simply go
    >>> ahead and instruct to 'download', which it does but then I cannot find
    >>> where this has gone, neither does it appear in the list of
    >>> dictionaries installed.
    >>> Apart from doing an uninstall and reinstall, any other ideas, please?
    >>>
    >>> Reg

    >>
    >>No problem creating message filters here.

    >
    >>
    >>Could you specify where you are downloading the dictionary file from?
    >>If I can see what's happening, I may be able to offer some help.
    >>
    >>In the meantime, check your browser's pref-options for the default
    >>download directory. In Firefox, Tools>>downloads should tell you, or in
    >>Mozilla Tools>>Download Manager should show it as well.
    >>
    >>Lee

    >
    >Thanks Lee, for the response,
    >I am getting the dictionary via TB/Write/Spell Checker where it
    >denotes the language used, there is a drop down menu which gives the
    >choice of obtaining more dictionaries.
    >I think I will try a reinstall to see if that cures the message rules
    >problem.
    >
    >Reg


    PS: I do not appear to have a 'Default' download directory. There is
    just the choice between "Ask me where to save every file" (which is
    the one already ticked) and "Save all files to this folder" which then
    allows me to nominate one.

    Reg
    Reg Mouatt, Oct 4, 2004
    #4
  5. Reg Mouatt

    Reg Mouatt Guest

    On Sun, 3 Oct 2004 23:03:27 +0000 (UTC), Reg Mouatt
    <> wrote:

    >Hi,
    > Have just installed TB but find I am having difficulty in setting
    >any rules. Having created the rule, it is when indicating to which
    >folder I want the message moved to, I find the final OK button remains
    >greyed out so cannot complete the rule.


    ..SNIP.......

    To answer my own question, have just spotted that when clicking on the
    arrow alongside 'Local Folders' all that drops down is an item also
    named 'Local Folders' and it is only when one clicks on this that the
    range of folders appears.

    Reg
    Reg Mouatt, Oct 4, 2004
    #5
  6. Reg Mouatt wrote:
    > On Sun, 3 Oct 2004 23:03:27 +0000 (UTC), Reg Mouatt
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >
    >>Hi,
    >> Have just installed TB but find I am having difficulty in setting
    >>any rules. Having created the rule, it is when indicating to which
    >>folder I want the message moved to, I find the final OK button remains
    >>greyed out so cannot complete the rule.

    >
    >
    > .SNIP.......
    >
    > To answer my own question, have just spotted that when clicking on the
    > arrow alongside 'Local Folders' all that drops down is an item also
    > named 'Local Folders' and it is only when one clicks on this that the
    > range of folders appears.
    >
    > Reg


    That is really odd. Did you ever try to delete Local Folders?

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Oct 4, 2004
    #6
  7. Reg Mouatt

    Reg Mouatt Guest

    On Mon, 04 Oct 2004 16:06:11 GMT, Leonidas Jones <>
    wrote:

    >Reg Mouatt wrote:
    >> On Sun, 3 Oct 2004 23:03:27 +0000 (UTC), Reg Mouatt
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >>>Hi,
    >>> Have just installed TB but find I am having difficulty in setting
    >>>any rules. Having created the rule, it is when indicating to which
    >>>folder I want the message moved to, I find the final OK button remains
    >>>greyed out so cannot complete the rule.

    >>
    >>
    >> .SNIP.......
    >>
    >> To answer my own question, have just spotted that when clicking on the
    >> arrow alongside 'Local Folders' all that drops down is an item also
    >> named 'Local Folders' and it is only when one clicks on this that the
    >> range of folders appears.
    >>
    >> Reg

    >
    >That is really odd. Did you ever try to delete Local Folders?
    >
    >Lee


    No, that is something I have not done. The drop down 'Local Folders'
    is coloured blue and has a small triangular arrow pointing to the
    right. The version of TB is 0.8 All I have now is the problem of
    installing a desired dictionary.

    Reg
    Reg Mouatt, Oct 5, 2004
    #7
  8. Reg Mouatt

    Reg Mouatt Guest

    On Mon, 4 Oct 2004 23:20:47 +0000 (UTC), Reg Mouatt
    <> wrote:

    ......SNIP.......
    >>That is really odd. Did you ever try to delete Local Folders?
    >>
    >>Lee

    >
    >No, that is something I have not done. The drop down 'Local Folders'
    >is coloured blue and has a small triangular arrow pointing to the
    >right. The version of TB is 0.8 All I have now is the problem of
    >installing a desired dictionary.
    >
    >Reg


    Have just discovered 'the way' and that is to open TB and choose
    'Write'. Click anywhere in the body of the e-mail and then select
    'Spell'. Click on the little arrow to the right side of the language
    box and then select 'Download More'. You should be connected to the
    Internet at this point and when the Dictionary page opens up right
    click on the required version and choose 'Save link as' then nominate
    a desired storage place eg; Desktop. Close down the 'Write' page and
    on TB main page choose Tools/Extensions/Install, navigate to wherever
    you have stored the download eg; Desktop, highlight the dictionary and
    choose 'open' and then in the next pop up box choose 'install'.
    It worked for me :)

    Reg
    Reg Mouatt, Oct 5, 2004
    #8
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. KAS
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    5,617
  2. Henry S C

    Exporting OE6 message rules

    Henry S C, Jun 25, 2003, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    1,463
    Diabolic Preacher
    Jun 25, 2003
  3. Jackie

    Message Rules

    Jackie, Jun 28, 2003, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    487
    Richard
    Jun 28, 2003
  4. PMc

    message rules

    PMc, Sep 12, 2003, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    409
    ┬░Mike┬░
    Sep 12, 2003
  5. Gopi

    could not install dictionary, why?

    Gopi, Sep 7, 2007, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    436
Loading...

Share This Page