Having problem with ATI Radeon 9600 Pro

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Sonic, Dec 24, 2003.

1. Sonic

Sonic Guest

I have a really annoying problem with my video card. I do everything that the manual says. I first install the AGP drivers, then I install the video drivers included in the disc, and then I restart, but whenever I start up Windows (all versions), it starts flickering. This problem is also apparent whenever I look into "properties" under "display settings." The best part is that the company I ordered it from (pc-beyond.com) all of a sudden disappeared, so I can't contact them for tech support and ATI doesn't know what the hell is going on either. The video card was working fine too until I formatted my computer because it had stuff I didn't want. Something that may help is the fact that my motherboard BIOS once told me to check the monitor chip in the BIOS menu, even though I didn't change anything and was still able to proceed as normal. Here's my specs:
    Monitor: ViewSonic 4E
    Sound card: Sound Blaster Live! 5.1
    Processor: AMD Athlon XP 2600+ 2.07 GHz
    Motherboard: Asus A7V8X-X
    Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Sonic, Dec 24, 2003
    1. Advertising

2. Sonic

Unk Guest

On Wed, 24 Dec 2003 03:54:01 GMT, "Sonic" <> wrote:

>I have a really annoying problem with my video card. I do everything that the manual says. I first install the AGP drivers, then I install the video drivers included in the disc, and then I restart, but whenever I start up Windows (all versions), it starts flickering. This problem is also apparent whenever I look into "properties" under "display settings." The best part is that the company I ordered it from (pc-beyond.com) all of a sudden disappeared, so I can't contact them for tech support and ATI doesn't know what the hell is going on either. The video card was working fine too until I formatted my computer because it had stuff I didn't want. Something that may help is the fact that my motherboard BIOS once told me to check the monitor chip in the BIOS menu, even though I didn't change anything and was still able to proceed as normal. Here's my specs:
    >Monitor: ViewSonic 4E
    >Sound card: Sound Blaster Live! 5.1
    >Processor: AMD Athlon XP 2600+ 2.07 GHz
    >Motherboard: Asus A7V8X-X
    >Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Change the screen refresh rate.
    Right-click the desktop, Properties, Settings, Advanced Button, Monitor Tab.

Unk, Dec 24, 2003
    1. Advertising