    install any of the drivers the browser showed on an automatic search for
    drivers... good think i am retired and have lots of time to experiment...
    charlie

    charles kuchar, Dec 4, 2009

  2. here is the error during installation of the device

    object: USB Camera

    An error occurred during the installation of the device

    The class installer has denied the request to install or upgrade this
    device.

    charles kuchar, Dec 4, 2009

  3. XP Mode only supports 32 bit guest operating systems so you need to install
    the 32 bit drivers for your scanner. My older Canon scanner works fine under
    Windows XP Mode.

    --

    Richard Urban
    Microsoft MVP

    Richard Urban, Dec 4, 2009
  4. On Fri, 4 Dec 2009 05:51:32 -0600, "charles kuchar" <> wrote:

    >Does xp mode work in 64 bits if win7 is 64? i couldn't figure out how to
    >see what it was set at.
    >
    >the problem i am trying to solve is my pana-vue scanner to convert old 35mm
    >slides to digital. i can get the scanner working with win7 and have
    >downloaded the new driver from the website but when i view a slide, the top
    >of the slide is stable but as the scan goes down, the picture is changing
    >tilt every couple of seconds, probably trying to sync. so i thought maybe
    >XP would work better. the install program has 32 bit and 64 bit drivers and
    >i installed the 64 bit drivers but can't get it to work. looked at the
    >device manager and the device was missing drivers. got an error trying to
    >install any of the drivers the browser showed on an automatic search for
    >drivers... good think i am retired and have lots of time to experiment...
    >charlie

    It is my understanding that the XP Mode is 32 bit.

    I have an Epson 2450 for which there are no 64-bit drivers. I have it
    installed and working properly with its 32-bit TWAIN driver in XP Mode (with a
    64-bit Windows 7 installation)
    --ron

    Ron Rosenfeld, Dec 4, 2009
  5. charles kuchar

    Carlos Guest

    Charles:
    XP mode works only is 32-bit, both in Win 7 x86 and x64.
    If you want XP x64 running in Win 7 x64 you need two things:
    - A virtual machine program, like the freeware virtualbox (www.virtualbox.org)
    - A (legal) copy of XP x64
    Carlos

    Carlos, Dec 4, 2009
  6. thanks to everyone for getting the scanner working

    it still doesn't work the way I want it to because the scans are not stable
    but now I can see the scanner. 32 bit software was the key. even though I
    am running 64 bit win7 I didn't realize xp was 32 bit. now that I have the
    original stuff working, the next step is installing the software update from
    pana-vue. thanks. charlie

    charles kuchar, Dec 4, 2009
  7. And also, unless you use an old version of Virtualbox, hardware
    virtualisation.

    Dominic Payer, Dec 4, 2009
  8. charles kuchar

    Carlos Guest