Having a problem with...

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Joseph Minelli, Jan 13, 2004.

  1. my cdrw drive for some reason,
    I have a cdrw external drive
    and it worked for months
    but out of the blue, I'm getting
    this error and I even got a new
    cdrw drive for my cd rom drive
    and I still get this error, here it is:

    "A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent
    damage to your computer.

    If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen,
    restart your computer, If this screen appears again, follow these
    steps:

    Check to be sure you have adequate disk space.
    If a driver is identified in the Stop message, disable the driver or
    check with the manufacturer for driver updates. Try changing video
    adapters.

    Check with your hardware vender for any BIOS updates.
    Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing.
    If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components,
    restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options,
    and then select Same Mode.

    Technical information:

    *** STOP: 0*0000007E (0*C0000005.0*F87D7AD9.0*F8AC572C.0*F8AC542)

    *** Cdr4_*p. SYS - Address F87D7AD9 base at F87D6000. DateStamp
    3e81fd77"

    Any help would be appreciated
    or a appropriate group to ask for help.

    Thank you all,

    Joseph.
    Joseph Minelli, Jan 13, 2004

  2. Joseph Minelli wrote:
    > my cdrw drive for some reason,
    > I have a cdrw external drive
    > and it worked for months
    > but out of the blue, I'm getting
    > this error and I even got a new
    > cdrw drive for my cd rom drive
    > and I still get this error, here it is:
    >
    > "A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent
    > damage to your computer.
    >
    > If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen,
    > restart your computer, If this screen appears again, follow these
    > steps:
    >
    > Check to be sure you have adequate disk space.
    > If a driver is identified in the Stop message, disable the driver or
    > check with the manufacturer for driver updates. Try changing video
    > adapters.
    >
    > Check with your hardware vender for any BIOS updates.
    > Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing.
    > If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components,
    > restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options,
    > and then select Same Mode.
    >
    > Technical information:
    >
    > *** STOP: 0*0000007E (0*C0000005.0*F87D7AD9.0*F8AC572C.0*F8AC542)
    >
    > *** Cdr4_*p. SYS - Address F87D7AD9 base at F87D6000. DateStamp
    > 3e81fd77"
    >
    > Any help would be appreciated
    > or a appropriate group to ask for help.
    >
    > Thank you all,
    >
    > Joseph.

    When does the error occur? Knowing that might help diagnose it. It could
    also be important to know what version of Windows you have and what type
    of drive it is. These kinds of specific details are often critical to
    properly diagnosing and fixing a problem.

    In the meanwhile, you can disconnect the drive and then remove it using
    the device manager (again, knowing the version of Windows would let me
    give you more specific instructions). Shut down the system then, and
    re-connect the drive and start up again and let it re-install and see if
    that helps.

    OTOH it could be a conflict with a Windows update that you might've done.

    If the above doesn't help, please post back with more complete details.
    Try to keep in mind that if someone has to guess at critical info, they
    may not be able to give you an appropriate answer.

    Also, for future reference -- everyone posting here has a problem with
    *something*; it helps if you put the specific *topic* or description of
    the problem in your subject line, as otherwise someone who might know the
    answer offhand might not even bother to read your post.

    -- DE
    Tergiversative, Jan 13, 2004