    1. Advertising

  2. Me

    Enkidu Guest

    Enkidu, Dec 13, 2011

  3. Me

    Me Guest

    On 13/12/2011 9:00 p.m., whoisthis wrote:
    > In article<4ee700e5$>, Enkidu<cliffp@bogus> wrote:
    >
    >> On 13/12/11 19:48, Me wrote:
    >>> http://www.youhavedownloaded.com/

    >> "Hi, we have no records on you".
    >>
    >> Cheers,
    >>
    >> Cliff

    > Same here, I was raised to know that if you want something, you pay for
    > it.

    I just want to be happy.
    What should I buy?
    Me, Dec 13, 2011
  4. Me

    Me Guest

    On 13/12/2011 9:59 p.m., victor wrote:
    > On 13/12/2011 9:28 p.m., Me wrote:

    >>> Same here, I was raised to know that if you want something, you pay for
    >>> it.

    >> I just want to be happy.
    >> What should I buy?

    > Sorry
    > Can we suggest something to be smug about ?

    That I become a vegan or buy an iPad?
    Thanks for your thoughts, but sorry - I'm an atheist.
    Me, Dec 13, 2011
  5. Me

    Me Guest

    On 13/12/2011 10:49 p.m., Kiwi wrote:
    > On Tue, 13 Dec 2011 22:14:24 +1300, Me<> wrote:
    >
    >> That I become a vegan or buy an iPad?
    >> Thanks for your thoughts, but sorry - I'm an atheist.

    > It could also be suggested that you are a f***wit for posting the
    > original item in nz.comp.
    >
    > Pseudo religous subject lines are usually not appreciated in nz.comp,
    > even if the content is vaguely comp related.
    >
    > Cheers, Kiwi

    With respect, my original post was not "pseudo-religious", probably
    quite on topic, and in any case IMO much less morally offensive than the
    concept that one individual can become spokesperson for what an
    unmoderated newsgroup might - or might not - appreciate.

    Cheers, Me
    Me, Dec 13, 2011
  6. In article <jc78qq$qj6$>, Me <> wrote:
    >On 13/12/2011 10:49 p.m., Kiwi wrote:
    >> On Tue, 13 Dec 2011 22:14:24 +1300, Me<> wrote:
    >>> That I become a vegan or buy an iPad?
    >>> Thanks for your thoughts, but sorry - I'm an atheist.

    >> It could also be suggested that you are a f***wit for posting the
    >> original item in nz.comp.
    >>
    >> Pseudo religous subject lines are usually not appreciated in nz.comp,
    >> even if the content is vaguely comp related.

    >With respect, my original post was not "pseudo-religious", probably
    >quite on topic, and in any case IMO much less morally offensive than the
    >concept that one individual can become spokesperson for what an
    >unmoderated newsgroup might - or might not - appreciate.

    Of course one person can say things of that type ... by the nature of the
    unmoderatedness of most news groups. :) Both a strength and a weakness ...
    but the weakness is mostly fixed with a kill file. :)

    My initial reaction to the subject was ... I hope and expect so. :) :)
    There was, however, only a web site link, so I remain uncertain.
    Bruce Sinclair, Dec 14, 2011
  7. Me

    victor Guest

    On 14/12/2011 7:06 a.m., whoisthis wrote:
    > In article<jc72bi$d8m$>, Me<>
    > wrote:

    >>> Same here, I was raised to know that if you want something, you pay for
    >>> it.

    >> I just want to be happy.
    >> What should I buy?

    > Who ever said buying stuff made you happy.

    Advertising

    > As a kid we probably had more fun playing the "guns" made from my mums
    > wooden clothes pegs than kids do these days with the expensive bits of
    > plastic.

    How sweet.
    You should give your kids wooden clothes pegs and tell them if they want
    anything else they should pay for it.
    victor, Dec 14, 2011
  8. Me

    Ara Guest

    On Sun, 01 Jan 2012 20:16:27 +1300, collector.nz wrote:

    > On 13/12/2011 7:48 p.m., Me wrote:
    >> http://www.youhavedownloaded.com/

    > Rather clever, but inaccurate, missed a lot of stuff I have downloaded.
    > But of course it reports torrent activitity from a source without any
    > determination of the legality of it. And it looks like the sources it
    > determines from are somewhat limited.
    >
    > I like it

    Am sure most have seen this. It remains humorous
    and disillusioning though,

    http://preview.tinyurl.com/7jpg8ev
    http://tinyurl.com/7jpg8ev
    Ara, Jan 1, 2012