    Yes 36%

    No 12%

    What's that ? 51%

    Invisible, Feb 21, 2005

  2. Invisible

    Ryan Jacobs Guest

    Invisible <> provided this moment of wisdom....

    >Heh, poll on Trade Me:
    >
    >Yes 36%
    >
    >No 12%
    >
    >What's that ? 51%

    Hehe

    Maybe the question should have read.....

    Do you know what a broswer is?

    the response would have been...

    Yes 4%
    No 82%
    Can you repeat the question 14%

    Sorry, it's late, I'm being a bitch :)

    Ryan Jacobs, Feb 21, 2005

  3. On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 23:29:08 +1300, Ryan Jacobs wrote:

    > Invisible <> provided this moment of wisdom....
    >
    >>Heh, poll on Trade Me:
    >>
    >>Yes 36%
    >>
    >>No 12%
    >>
    >>What's that ? 51%
    >>

    > Hehe
    >
    > Maybe the question should have read.....
    >

    > Do you know what a broswer is?
    >

    > the response would have been...
    >
    > Yes 4%
    > No 82%
    > Can you repeat the question 14%
    >

    > Sorry, it's late, I'm being a bitch :)

    now if only we can get them to bid on my auction (one careful owner..
    little old lady only ever took it out to do the groceries.. only selling
    because Im moving overseas) for a toaster....

    Shane (aka froggy), Feb 21, 2005
  4. Invisible

    paora Guest

    On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 23:17:18 +1300, Invisible <>
    wrote:

    >Heh, poll on Trade Me:
    >
    >Yes 36%
    >
    >No 12%
    >
    >What's that ? 51%

    I have installed firefox but I don't use it regularly - I guess you
    get used to the 'tabs' but I keep wanting to open new intenet windows
    and I get confused over the new windows and the new tabs.

    paora, Feb 21, 2005
  5. Invisible

    DoggNZ Guest

    On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 12:47:20 GMT, (paora) wrote:

    >On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 23:17:18 +1300, Invisible <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>Heh, poll on Trade Me:
    >>
    >>Yes 36%
    >>
    >>No 12%
    >>
    >>What's that ? 51%

    >I have installed firefox but I don't use it regularly - I guess you
    >get used to the 'tabs' but I keep wanting to open new intenet windows
    >and I get confused over the new windows and the new tabs.

    You should persist. Once you get the hang of it, you'll wonder how you
    ever did without it.

    --
    BOINC SETI

    DoggNZ, Feb 22, 2005
  6. Invisible

    Dave Taylor Guest

    DoggNZ <> wrote in

    > You should persist. Once you get the hang of it, you'll wonder how you
    > ever did without it.

    The best is opening a new tab, unfocused.

    --
    Ciao, Dave

    Dave Taylor, Feb 22, 2005
  7. Invisible

    Gordon Guest

    On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 12:47:20 +0000, paora wrote:

    > I have installed firefox but I don't use it regularly - I guess you
    > get used to the 'tabs' but I keep wanting to open new intenet windows
    > and I get confused over the new windows and the new tabs.

    Do you really, really want to switch?

    Then use Firefox. Yes the tab browsing is different. Get over it, as Otago
    uni would say and then wonder what took you so long.

    Gordon, Feb 23, 2005
  8. Invisible

    Gordon Guest

    On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 18:47:30 +1300, Dave Taylor wrote:

    > The best is opening a new tab, unfocused.

    As in when one is drunk? ;-)

    Gordon, Feb 23, 2005
  9. Invisible

    Dave Taylor Guest

    Gordon <> wrote in news:pan.2005.02.23.05.06.17.485080
    @yahoo.com:

    > On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 18:47:30 +1300, Dave Taylor wrote:
    >
    >> The best is opening a new tab, unfocused.

    > As in when one is drunk? ;-)

    LOL

    --
    Ciao, Dave

    Dave Taylor, Feb 23, 2005
  10. Gordon wrote:
    > Do you really, really want to switch?
    > Then use Firefox. Yes the tab browsing is different. Get over it, as Otago
    > uni would say and then wonder what took you so long.

    am I the only one who hates those ads... and no, I wont get over it.

    --
    Dave.net.nz
    reply addy is e

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Feb 23, 2005
  11. Invisible

    mark Guest

    "Dave - Dave.net.nz" <> wrote in

    > Subject: Re: Have you got the Firefox browser yet ?
    > From: "Dave - Dave.net.nz" <>
    > Newsgroups: nz.comp,nz.reg.dunedin.general
    >
    > Gordon wrote:
    >> Do you really, really want to switch?
    >> Then use Firefox. Yes the tab browsing is different. Get over it, as
    >> Otago uni would say and then wonder what took you so long.

    > am I the only one who hates those ads... and no, I wont get over it.

    Totally agree. It should be "get over it, doood" :)

    mark, Feb 24, 2005
  12. Invisible

    Eeyan Guest

    http://www.maxthon.com/en/redir.htm?url=http://dl.downloadhosting.com/download/myie2/mcombo.exe

    --
    *** Excessive quoting wastes bandwidth!!! ***

    Eeyan, Feb 24, 2005
  13. Eeyan wrote:

    >>>am I the only one who hates those ads... and no, I wont get over it.

    >>Totally agree. It should be "get over it, doood" :)

    > http://www.maxthon.com/en/redir.htm?url=http://dl.downloadhosting.com/download/myie2/mcombo.exe

    oh yeah, cos Im going to download and run an exe file without knowing
    what it is.

    --
    Dave.net.nz
    reply addy is e

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Feb 24, 2005
  14. Invisible

    Eeyan Guest

    Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:

    >>> Totally agree. It should be "get over it, doood" :)

    >> http://www.maxthon.com/en/redir.htm?url=http://dl.downloadhosting.com/download/myie2/mcombo.exe

    > oh yeah, cos Im going to download and run an exe file without knowing
    > what it is.

    Yawns.............. so you can't copy the link and backspace a few times to
    ascertain what it is... even tho' the link is Maxthon.......

    --
    *** Excessive quoting wastes bandwidth!!! ***

    Eeyan, Feb 24, 2005
  15. Eeyan wrote:
    >>>http://www.maxthon.com/en/redir.htm?url=http://dl.downloadhosting.com/download/myie2/mcombo.exe

    >>oh yeah, cos Im going to download and run an exe file without knowing
    >>what it is.

    > Yawns.............. so you can't copy the link and backspace a few times to
    > ascertain what it is... even tho' the link is Maxthon.......

    sorry man, I have no idea what maxathon is... from the site it looks
    lile a tabbed browser addon for IE, oh yay, multiple exploits at once,
    goodie goodie. :)

    a simple sentance saying something like "you could try maxathon/IE2,
    heres a download link" would have been a lot more user friendly.

    --
    Dave.net.nz
    reply addy is e

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Feb 24, 2005
  16. Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:

    >>> oh yeah, cos Im going to download and run an exe file without knowing
    >>> what it is.

    >> Yawns.............. so you can't copy the link and backspace a few
    >> times to ascertain what it is... even tho' the link is Maxthon.......

    > sorry man, I have no idea what maxathon is... from the site it looks
    > lile a tabbed browser addon for IE, oh yay, multiple exploits at once,
    > goodie goodie. :)
    >
    > a simple sentance saying something like "you could try maxathon/IE2,
    > heres a download link" would have been a lot more user friendly.

    heh, remove the a from what I wrote.. maxthon, not maxathon stupid brain.

    --
    Dave.net.nz
    reply addy is e

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Feb 24, 2005
  17. Invisible

    Eeyan Guest

    Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:

    >>> oh yeah, cos Im going to download and run an exe file without
    >>> knowing what it is.

    >> Yawns.............. so you can't copy the link and backspace a few
    >> times to ascertain what it is... even tho' the link is Maxthon.......

    > sorry man, I have no idea what maxathon is... from the site it looks
    > lile a tabbed browser addon for IE, oh yay, multiple exploits at once,
    > goodie goodie. :)
    >
    > a simple sentance saying something like "you could try maxthon/IE2,
    > heres a download link" would have been a lot more user friendly.

    --
    *** Excessive quoting wastes bandwidth!!! ***

    Eeyan, Feb 26, 2005