have you googled today?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Richard, Feb 4, 2004.

  1. Richard

    Richard Guest

    Richard, Feb 4, 2004

  2. Richard

    Bill Purvis Guest

    Sure have!

    "Richard" <anonymous@127.000> wrote in message
    news:...
    > www.google.com

    Bill Purvis, Feb 4, 2004

  3. Richard

    lsj7 Guest

    Richard wrote:
    > www.google.com

    yeah man.....

    --
    lsj7
    lsj7, Feb 4, 2004
  4. Richard

    Iceman Guest

    "Richard" <anonymous@127.000> wrote in message
    news:...
    > www.google.com

    Why do you ask? Do you work for Google? ;-)
    Iceman, Feb 4, 2004
  5. Richard

    anthonyberet Guest

    anthonyberet, Feb 4, 2004
  6. Richard

    Jimminee Guest

    Jimminee, Feb 5, 2004
  7. Richard

    Paul Guest

    Paul, Feb 5, 2004
  8. Richard

    Rustiferion Guest

    Yep, it's the first thing I do in the bathroom every morning...
    Rustiferion, Feb 5, 2004
  9. Richard

    Boomer Guest

    Rustiferion wrote:
    > Yep, it's the first thing I do in the bathroom every morning...

    **** off with your stupid one liners. This is a computer group, not a chat
    line.
    Boomer, Feb 5, 2004
  10. Richard

    Rustiferion Guest

    A comPUTER group? Oh.

    I thought it was a bait-and-flame test ng...

    Rustiferion, Feb 5, 2004
  11. It was on Thu, 05 Feb 2004 18:24:06 +0000, just as I was halfway through a
    large jam doughnut, that Rustiferion wrote:

    > A comPUTER group? Oh.
    >
    > I thought it was a bait-and-flame test ng...
    >
    > "Boomer" <> wrote in message

    You're talking to a troll impersonating Boomer.

    --
    Linux User #: 305646. http://counter.li.org/
    Using linux at home, since 1998
    William Poaster, Feb 5, 2004
  12. Richard

    TONY QUINN Guest

    I AM IN A SPOT OF TROUBLE,MY COMPUTTER WAS GIVING ME TROUBLE SO I GOT THICK
    AND I WENT AND RESTORED MY COMPUTTER TO THE DAY OF PURCHES. THAT WAS THREE
    YEARS OF WORK. I HAD NO BACK-UP FILES.AM I STUPID OR NOT .IF ANYBODY HAS ANY
    IDEAS I WOULD BE GREATFUL.

    TONY QUINN, Feb 5, 2004
  13. TONY QUINN wrote:

    > I AM IN A SPOT OF TROUBLE,MY COMPUTTER WAS GIVING ME TROUBLE SO I GOT
    > THICK AND I WENT AND RESTORED MY COMPUTTER TO THE DAY OF PURCHES. THAT WAS
    > THREE YEARS OF WORK. I HAD NO BACK-UP FILES.AM I STUPID OR NOT .IF ANYBODY
    > HAS ANY IDEAS I WOULD BE GREATFUL.

    You sound very much like a beginner so I'm not going to be rude, but you
    won't get much in the way of help with a post like that.

    You'll find *lots* of useful information on how to pose questions on Usenet
    in a good way which is likely to help you get answers here:

    However, the most basic things:

    * Don't post all in capitals - it's seen as "shouting" and is considered
    rude;

    * Don't 'hijack' an existing thread to post something unrelated - start a
    new thread, and give it a descriptive subject line;

    * Describe the problem as accurately as you can.

    You've said that you "restored the computer to the day of purchase" - how
    did you do that? Did you use some system recovery disc? If so, it may
    have re-formatted the hard drive first. If you haven't used the system
    very much since then it may be possible for the lost data to be retrieved,
    but you'd need to get it done by a professional, and it's not likely to be
    cheap.

    Search Google (http://www.google.com/) for "data recovery" for some info.

    Good luck. For the future, *always* take regular backups - a cheap and easy
    way is to simply burn your important files onto a CD now and then. The OS
    and programs can be re-installed, thats not a big deal - it's your own
    documents etc which can't be replaced, so burn them to CD!

    Cheers

    Dave P

    --
    David Precious