    verified that the name is the same on all computers, and disabled the
    firewalls,. I dont know what else to do. I have viewed the posts here &
    followed the instructions that seemed relative, without success.
    =?Utf-8?B?Sm95Y2U=?=, Sep 14, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Sm95Y2U=?=

    Chuck [MVP] Guest

    On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 10:16:11 -0700, Joyce <>
    wrote:

    >My computer is connected to the internet through the router (shows "internet
    >Connection" in the Network Connections screen) but I am unable to see the
    >other computers in the workgroup. It showes that I am connected to the
    >network, but cant see the other computers. I have tried to ping, I have
    >verified that the name is the same on all computers, and disabled the
    >firewalls,. I dont know what else to do. I have viewed the posts here &
    >followed the instructions that seemed relative, without success.

    Joyce,

    9 out of 10 reports like yours are caused by inconsistent NetBT settings, or a
    misconfigured or overlooked personal firewall.
    http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2006/07/advanced-windows-networking-using.html

    If you wish to diagnose the problem, look at logs from "browstat status",
    "ipconfig /all", "net config server", and "net config workstation", from each
    computer. Read this article, and linked articles, and follow instructions
    precisely (download browstat!):
    http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/05/troubleshooting-network-neighborhood.html#AskingForHelp

    --
    Cheers,
    http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/
    Chuck [MVP], Sep 14, 2007

  3. Chuck,

    Good article, and nice website! Added to "Favorites".

    --
    HTH,
    Curt

    Windows Support Center
    www.aumha.org
    Practically Nerded,...
    http://dundats.mvps.org/Index.htm

    "Chuck [MVP]" <> wrote in message
    | On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 10:16:11 -0700, Joyce
    <>

    Curt Christianson, Sep 15, 2007
  4. Thank you so much for your help. Your articles and directions were excellent
    and you were exactly right about the problem. The problem that I found was a
    AOL Securities program that was blocking access from the IP address of that
    computer. Thanks again for the input.
    =?Utf-8?B?Sm95Y2U=?=, Sep 17, 2007
  5. =?Utf-8?B?Sm95Y2U=?=

    Chuck [MVP] Guest

    On Mon, 17 Sep 2007 13:18:05 -0700, Joyce <>
    wrote:

    >Thank you so much for your help. Your articles and directions were excellent
    >and you were exactly right about the problem. The problem that I found was a
    >AOL Securities program that was blocking access from the IP address of that
    >computer. Thanks again for the input.

    Glad to help, Joyce. Thanks for the feedback.

    AOL again.

    [A24HSH Miss Perspicacia Tick]

    "If it hurts every time you poke yourself in the eye with a sharp stick
    (AOHELL), the obvious solution is to quit poking yourself in the eye with a
    sharp stick (AOHELL).

    If you absolutely MUST poke yourself in the eye with a sharp stick (AOHELL),
    then feel free to seek assistance from the maker of the sharp stick (AOHELL)."

    --
    Cheers,
    Chuck [MVP], Sep 17, 2007