    ST380011A is on HDD-1 with windows XP loaded is sitting on mode 5 /
    UDMA100 without a problems.

    Both drives have ATA100/133 brand new rounded IDE cables attached.
    Tim, Feb 21, 2004

  2. Tim

    why? Guest

    On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 03:58:45 -0500, Tim wrote:

    Please don't put your entire question in the subject line, it was a
    question?

    The VP6 is the ABIT motherboard for a PIII?

    Some motherboards have IDE0/1 UDMA33/66 and the RAID/IDE 2/3 as 66/100.

    http://www.abit-usa.com/products/mb/products.php?categories=1&model=111

    The d/l manual doesn't allow cut/paste, however in the IDE1/2
    description it mentions IDE Hard DIsks, CDROM, LS-120 while the IDE3/4
    Highpoint HPT360 chipset to support ATA-100 specifications 2 channels
    that also support ATA-100.

    >now this one is truely puzzeling!
    >
    >ST340016A is on HDD-0 with windows XP loaded and is set to mode 4
    >/UDMA 66 and is connected as primary (no slave connected).
    >
    >ST380011A is on HDD-1 with windows XP loaded is sitting on mode 5 /
    >UDMA100 without a problems.

    >Both drives have ATA100/133 brand new rounded IDE cables attached.

    It's not only cables , it's the drive which you said are ATA-100 and
    it's the interface. You need to have all 3 match capabilities.

    Me
    why?, Feb 21, 2004

    Misa Mirkovic, Feb 21, 2004
  4. Tim

    Tim Guest

    On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 11:57:08 GMT, why?

    >On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 03:58:45 -0500, Tim wrote:
    >
    >Please don't put your entire question in the subject line, it was a
    >question?
    >
    >The VP6 is the ABIT motherboard for a PIII?
    >
    >Some motherboards have IDE0/1 UDMA33/66 and the RAID/IDE 2/3 as 66/100.
    >
    >http://www.abit-usa.com/products/mb/products.php?categories=1&model=111
    >
    >The d/l manual doesn't allow cut/paste, however in the IDE1/2
    >description it mentions IDE Hard DIsks, CDROM, LS-120 while the IDE3/4
    >Highpoint HPT360 chipset to support ATA-100 specifications 2 channels
    >that also support ATA-100.
    >

    >It's not only cables , it's the drive which you said are ATA-100 and
    >it's the interface. You need to have all 3 match capabilities.
    >
    >Me

    Neither drives are connected to the ATA100 RAID controller.

    On the VP6 the interface for both the RAID and the 2 other IDE
    channels are ATA-100 capable. If not my other 80GB Seagate drive would
    not be operating in mode 5/ATA-100. Nothing is connected to the RAID.
    Is that what you meant?
    Tim, Feb 23, 2004