    dead one.

    Any Ideas?

    Thanks
    me, Jan 20, 2005

  2. me wrote:
    > I think this one has never been discussed. When I start FireFox I get the
    > browser window but nothing else, nothing opens in it and wont.. I have to
    > start a 2nd browser window before it will work. Then I can close the first
    > dead one.
    >
    > Any Ideas?
    >
    > Thanks

    I get this occasionally with Portable Thunderbird, but I have not
    noticed it with FF 1.0. I assume you are using the release version, not
    a nightly build?

    Try starting it in Safe Mode, which will disable extensions, and see if
    you still experience the same difficulty.

    Leee
    Leonidas Jones, Jan 20, 2005

  3. me

    me Guest

    Yes its the final release. I will try safe mode.

    Thanks

    me, Jan 20, 2005
  4. me wrote:
    > Yes its the final release. I will try safe mode.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > "Leonidas Jones" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>me wrote:
    >>
    >>>I think this one has never been discussed. When I start FireFox I get the
    >>>browser window but nothing else, nothing opens in it and wont.. I have to
    >>>start a 2nd browser window before it will work. Then I can close the
    >>>first dead one.
    >>>
    >>>Any Ideas?
    >>>
    >>>Thanks
    >>>

    >>I get this occasionally with Portable Thunderbird, but I have not noticed
    >>it with FF 1.0. I assume you are using the release version, not a nightly
    >>build?
    >>
    >>Try starting it in Safe Mode, which will disable extensions, and see if
    >>you still experience the same difficulty.
    >>
    >>Leee

    Keep us posted.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Jan 20, 2005
  5. me

    norm Guest

    On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 08:11:03 -0600, "me" <> wrote:

    >I think this one has never been discussed. When I start FireFox I get the
    >browser window but nothing else, nothing opens in it and wont.. I have to
    >start a 2nd browser window before it will work. Then I can close the first
    >dead one.
    >
    >Any Ideas?
    >
    >Thanks

    Similar problem, but only occasionally and then I have to reboot.
    Seems something to do do with closing tabs but I cant reproduce it.

    norm
    norm, Jan 20, 2005
  6. me

    Jim Guest

    On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 14:21:41 GMT, Leonidas Jones <>
    wrote:

    >me wrote:
    >> I think this one has never been discussed. When I start FireFox I get the
    >> browser window but nothing else, nothing opens in it and wont.. I have to
    >> start a 2nd browser window before it will work. Then I can close the first
    >> dead one.
    >>
    >> Any Ideas?
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >>

    >I get this occasionally with Portable Thunderbird, but I have not
    >noticed it with FF 1.0. I assume you are using the release version, not
    >a nightly build?
    >
    >Try starting it in Safe Mode, which will disable extensions, and see if
    >you still experience the same difficulty.
    >
    >Leee

    Never seen this with Firefox (1.0), but one time T-Bird 1.0 came up
    with all the proper windows layed out but nothing in them. Only once
    and I closed and restarted it.
    Jim, Jan 21, 2005
  7. Jim wrote:

    > On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 14:21:41 GMT, Leonidas Jones <>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>me wrote:
    >>
    >>>I think this one has never been discussed. When I start FireFox I get the
    >>>browser window but nothing else, nothing opens in it and wont.. I have to
    >>>start a 2nd browser window before it will work. Then I can close the first
    >>>dead one.
    >>>
    >>>Any Ideas?
    >>>
    >>>Thanks
    >>>

    >>I get this occasionally with Portable Thunderbird, but I have not
    >>noticed it with FF 1.0. I assume you are using the release version, not
    >>a nightly build?
    >>
    >>Try starting it in Safe Mode, which will disable extensions, and see if
    >>you still experience the same difficulty.
    >>
    >>Leee

    > Never seen this with Firefox (1.0), but one time T-Bird 1.0 came up
    > with all the proper windows layed out but nothing in them. Only once
    > and I closed and restarted it.

    It happens to me frequently with Portable Thunderbird, usually with the
    first opening after transferring the portable drive from one PC to
    another. I've never seen it with Firefox, portable or fixed.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Jan 21, 2005