    clicking stops, it seems to unstick, and the PC starts working again.

    Is this bad?

    , Oct 6, 2005

  2. Brian Guest

    Is it more than 1 year old, or almost 1 year old?

    Did you get a warranty beyond the standard 1 year? If so, use the warranty.
    If you have just the one year, pray you aren't over the one year mark.

    My dell needed a new mother board and cpu and hard drive all within the
    first 2 years, thank god i have a 3 year warranty on it.

    Brian, Oct 6, 2005

  3. The Shed Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > My Dell laptop, 1 year old, freezes occassionally with the hard disk
    > just making a clicking noise. Then when I shake the laptop, the
    > clicking stops, it seems to unstick, and the PC starts working again.
    >
    > Is this bad?

    Works on my daughters Etch-A-Sketch,also a good sharp bang can fix the
    TV when it goes on the blink.
    Does your car start working again after a breakdown if you hit it ?
    (hammer size variable) --second thoughts -that can work.

    Did you need to ask that question?
    Or were you after confirmation that you are technologicaly challenged
    and/or have no concept of how things work.

    The Shed, Oct 6, 2005
  4. w_tom Guest

    Look for and strike the kick plate. This should only be used
    when the machine warranty has expired. After the warranty
    expires, then yes - it is bad.

    w_tom, Oct 7, 2005
  5. w_tom Guest

    Its called booting - right?

    w_tom, Oct 7, 2005
  6. Toolman Tim Guest

    Toolman Tim, Oct 7, 2005
  7. Toolman Tim Guest

    It's a Dell - that's close enough ;)

    Toolman Tim, Oct 7, 2005
  8. Dan Evans Guest

    <> wrote in message

    > Is this bad?

    Yes, the hard drive is on the way out.

    Dan

    Dan Evans, Oct 7, 2005
  9. ellis_jay Guest

    wrote:
    > My Dell laptop, 1 year old, freezes occassionally with the hard disk
    > just making a clicking noise. Then when I shake the laptop, the
    > clicking stops, it seems to unstick, and the PC starts working again.
    >
    > Is this bad?

    "Shake it like a salt saker" while you do some "Naggin"

    Ellis_jay

    ellis_jay, Oct 7, 2005
  10. w_tom Guest

    Ahhh booting ..... as in what Dell did to their spokesman
    when he was caught smoking marijuana in NYC.

    w_tom, Oct 8, 2005
  11. w_tom wrote:
    > Ahhh booting ..... as in what Dell did to their spokesman
    > when he was caught smoking marijuana in NYC.

    "Dude, you're getting a cell!"

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    Blinky the Shark, Oct 8, 2005
  12. Toolman Tim Guest

    Blinky the Shark wrote:
    > w_tom wrote:
    >> Ahhh booting ..... as in what Dell did to their spokesman
    >> when he was caught smoking marijuana in NYC.

    > "Dude, you're getting a cell!"

    A cell without a Dell. Bummer, dude!

    Toolman Tim, Oct 8, 2005
  13. Plato Guest

    Blinky the Shark wrote:

    > > Ahhh booting ..... as in what Dell did to their spokesman
    > > when he was caught smoking marijuana in NYC.

    > "Dude, you're getting a cell!"

    GRin, when my Dad worked on Wall Street in the early 70s it was common
    for the managers to have a wet bar in their office. Execs went to these
    private eating clubs for lunch, had their 3 Beefeater martini's then
    came back and partied some more.

    Plato, Oct 9, 2005