    terms.

    Iam lookign now on download.com and Tucows.

    Thanks.

    Home Theatre Guy, May 26, 2006

  2. Home Theatre Guy wrote:

    > Recomend another broweser. My problem with Firefox is that it wont
    > load things int he background and keep focus on my current page.
    >

    > Now it just loads evey link i click on in th same tab. Might as well
    > use IE :(
    >
    > Anyways any decent browsers that do as i wish and explain it in simple
    > terms.
    >
    > Iam lookign now on download.com and Tucows.
    >
    > Thanks.

    In Firefox:

    "Tools" -> "Options" -> "Tabs" -> Untick "Select new tabs opened from links"

    David Harrison, May 26, 2006

  3. Home Theatre Guy

    Arne Guest

    Once upon a time *Home Theatre Guy* wrote:

    > Recomend another broweser. My problem with Firefox is that it wont
    > load things int he background and keep focus on my current page.
    >
    > Now it just loads evey link i click on in th same tab. Might as well
    > use IE :(

    And what have you done to make it behave like you want, e.g. have you
    set it in the preferences to load tabs in the background?

    Anyway, I can recommend SeaMonkey. You dont need to install more than
    the browser, if that's all you want to have.

    /Arne

    Arne, May 26, 2006
  4. Sorry David i dont see that settign anywhere ???

    What TAB is it located under ?

    Home Theatre Guy, May 26, 2006
  5. Trying seamoney now. Still can't get it to load links in the
    background. But still keep focuson the current webpage. Now its stuck
    just opeing in the same tab !!!!!

    I think my install is screwed for good andonly a reformat would fix
    it. Thats great programming on Firefoxes part :(

    Iam using the same settings i used on my last install but they dont
    work :(

    Give me some help setting up seamonkey as i sid i want it please.

    Thanks man.
    '

    On Fri, 26 May 2006 20:07:03 +1000, Home Theatre Guy <Home Theatre

    Home Theatre Guy, May 26, 2006
  6. Once Upon A Time Home Theatre Guy <Home Theatre Guy> wrote:

    >I think my install is screwed for good andonly a reformat would fix
    >it. Thats great programming on Firefoxes part :(

    You have a problem with your wetware. You need to buy a new internet.
    I hear they're on sale this week at CompUSA.

    **
    Captain Infinity

    Captain Infinity, May 26, 2006
  7. Ill settle for 100 mbt connection thanks. HAd a look their pretty
    cheap. Ordering now.

    Woo hooo.

    Home Theatre Guy, May 26, 2006
  8. Home Theatre Guy

    Justin Guest

    Home Theatre Guy wrote on [Fri, 26 May 2006 20:29:44 +1000]:

    > Trying seamoney now. Still can't get it to load links in the
    > background. But still keep focuson the current webpage. Now its stuck
    > just opeing in the same tab !!!!!
    >

    > I think my install is screwed for good andonly a reformat would fix
    > it. Thats great programming on Firefoxes part :(

    Firefox programs now?

    I think you'll find it's a PEBCAK error. Maybe an ID ten T error

    Justin, May 26, 2006
  9. Home Theatre Guy

    Fid Guest

    On Fri, 26 May 2006 09:03:43 -0500, Justin <> wrote:

    >Home Theatre Guy wrote on [Fri, 26 May 2006 20:29:44 +1000]:
    >>

    >> Trying seamoney now. Still can't get it to load links in the
    >> background. But still keep focuson the current webpage. Now its stuck
    >> just opeing in the same tab !!!!!
    >>

    >> I think my install is screwed for good andonly a reformat would fix
    >> it. Thats great programming on Firefoxes part :(

    >Firefox programs now?
    >

    >I think you'll find it's a PEBCAK error. Maybe an ID ten T error

    Definitely the latter.

    Fid, May 27, 2006
  10. Home Theatre Guy

    Jedi Fans Guest

    On 26/05/06 10:37, Home Theatre Guy Scribbled:

    > Recomend another broweser. My problem with Firefox is that it wont
    > load things int he background and keep focus on my current page.
    >

    > Now it just loads evey link i click on in th same tab. Might as well
    > use IE :(
    >
    > Anyways any decent browsers that do as i wish and explain it in simple
    > terms.
    >
    > Iam lookign now on download.com and Tucows.
    >
    > Thanks.

    Why not try a new firefox profile, as if you started afresh - no
    reinstall/browser switch needed... all you have to do is GOOGLE it.

    --
    Hope This Helped and MTFBWY...
    Kieren aka JediFans - <url:http://jedifans.com/>

    Jedi Fans, May 27, 2006