    courses specific to the D3? Looking on the US web site, I only see
    courses aimed at a wider audience rather than owners of any specific model.

    Dave
    Dave, Aug 28, 2008

  2. Dave

    Annika1980 Guest

    You need a course on how to use a camera?

    In the meantime, you can learn all about the D3 in the new book, "Over-
    Hyped, Over-Priced Cameras for Dummies"
    Annika1980, Aug 28, 2008

  3. Dave

    Dave Guest

    Annika1980 wrote:
    > You need a course on how to use a camera?

    Yes, I do. I'm still struggling trying to put the film in it.

    > In the meantime, you can learn all about the D3 in the new book, "Over-
    > Hyped, Over-Priced Cameras for Dummies"

    Can you give me the ISBN number for the book?
    Dave, Aug 28, 2008
  4. On 8/28/2008 2:14 AM Dave spake thus:

    > Looking on the European Nikon site, I see they have courses on various
    > models. But nothing on the D3, which I would have thought is the most
    > complex of the cameras and so the one with the greatest need for a
    > course on it. I asked Nikon and got told they do have some planned for
    > the D3, but there are no dates available yet.
    >
    > Has Nikon in the USA, Europe or anywhere else for that matter run
    > courses specific to the D3? Looking on the US web site, I only see
    > courses aimed at a wider audience rather than owners of any specific model.

    This post is off-topic for this newsgroup, rec.photo.equipment.35mm,
    which is concerned with film cameras that use 35mm film, not digital
    cameras that look like 35mm SLRs.

    Please use an appropriate newsgroup for postings on digital cameras. One
    of the following groups would be a good place for such postings:

    rec.photo.digital
    rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
    rec.photo.digital.rangefinder
    rec.photo.digital.slr
    rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

    (Note that the list of groups available to you depends on what your ISP
    or news provider carries, and may differ from this list)

    --
    "In 1964 Barry Goldwater declared: 'Elect me president, and I
    population into concentration camps and turn the country into a

    - Characterization (paraphrased) of the 1964 Goldwater/Johnson
    presidential race by Professor Irwin Corey, "The World's Foremost
    Authority".
    David Nebenzahl, Aug 28, 2008
  5. On 8/28/2008 9:43 AM Dave spake thus:

    > Can you give me the ISBN number for the book?

    "ISBN number" is redundant. It's like saying "PIN number" or "ATM machine".

    [brought to you by your Department of Redundancy Department]

    David Nebenzahl, Aug 28, 2008
  6. Dave

    Dave Guest

    David Nebenzahl wrote:

    > This post is off-topic for this newsgroup, rec.photo.equipment.35mm,
    > which is concerned with film cameras that use 35mm film, not digital
    > cameras that look like 35mm SLRs.
    >
    > Please use an appropriate newsgroup for postings on digital cameras. One
    > of the following groups would be a good place for such postings:
    >
    > rec.photo.digital
    > rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
    > rec.photo.digital.rangefinder
    > rec.photo.digital.slr
    > rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
    >
    > (Note that the list of groups available to you depends on what your ISP
    > or news provider carries, and may differ from this list)

    That post is off-topic in rec.photo.equipment.35mm which is concerned
    with 35 mm photographic equipment.

    Please use an appropriate newsgroups for posting such as those. One of
    the following groups would be a good place for such postings.

    alt.idiots
    alt.dev.null
    alt.military.police
    alt.null.bandwagons
    alt.timewasters

    Dave, Aug 28, 2008
  7. Dave

    Dave Guest

    David Nebenzahl wrote:
    > On 8/28/2008 9:43 AM Dave spake thus:
    >
    >> Can you give me the ISBN number for the book?

    > "ISBN number" is redundant. It's like saying "PIN number" or "ATM machine".
    >
    > [brought to you by your Department of Redundancy Department]

    Thank you,

    that is the most sensible thing I have seen you post in a long time.
    Dave, Aug 28, 2008
  8. Dave

    SMS Guest

    Dave wrote:

    > That post is off-topic in rec.photo.equipment.35mm which is concerned
    > with 35 mm photographic equipment.
    >
    > Please use an appropriate newsgroups for posting such as those. One of
    > the following groups would be a good place for such postings.
    >
    > alt.idiots
    > alt.dev.null
    > alt.military.police
    > alt.null.bandwagons
    > alt.timewasters
    >

    > (Note that the list of groups available to you depends on what your ISP
    > or news provider carries, and may differ from this list)

    Don't forget alt.bitterness
    SMS, Aug 28, 2008
  9. Dave

    ransley Guest

    On Aug 28, 12:23 pm, David Nebenzahl <> wrote:
    > On 8/28/2008 2:14 AM Dave spake thus:
    >
    > > Looking on the European Nikon site, I see they have courses on various
    > > models. But nothing on the D3, which I would have thought is the most
    > > complex of the cameras and so the one with the greatest need for a
    > > course on it. I asked Nikon and got told they do have some planned for
    > > the D3, but there are no dates available yet.

    > > Has Nikon in the USA, Europe or anywhere else for that matter run
    > > courses specific to the D3? Looking on the US web site, I only see
    > > courses aimed at a wider audience rather than owners of any specific model.

    > This post is off-topic for this newsgroup, rec.photo.equipment.35mm,
    > which is concerned with film cameras that use 35mm film, not digital
    > cameras that look like 35mm SLRs.
    >
    > Please use an appropriate newsgroup for postings on digital cameras. One
    > of the following groups would be a good place for such postings:
    >
    >    rec.photo.digital
    >    rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
    >    rec.photo.digital.rangefinder
    >    rec.photo.digital.slr
    >    rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
    >
    > (Note that the list of groups available to you depends on what your ISP
    > or news provider carries, and may differ from this list)
    >
    > --
    >       "In 1964 Barry Goldwater declared: 'Elect me president, and I
    >   will bomb the cities of Vietnam, defoliate the jungles, herd the
    >   population into concentration camps and turn the country into a
    >   wasteland.' But Lyndon Johnson said: 'No! No! No! Don't you dare do
    >   that. Let ME do it.'"
    >
    > - Characterization (paraphrased) of the 1964 Goldwater/Johnson
    > presidential race by Professor Irwin Corey, "The World's Foremost
    > Authority".

    Hey moron you are off topic
    ransley, Aug 29, 2008
  10. Dave

    Guest

    On Thu, 28 Aug 2008 10:14:10 +0100, in rec.photo.digital Dave <>
    wrote:

    >Looking on the European Nikon site, I see they have courses on various
    >models. But nothing on the D3, which I would have thought is the most
    >complex of the cameras and so the one with the greatest need for a
    >course on it. I asked Nikon and got told they do have some planned for
    >the D3, but there are no dates available yet.
    >
    >Has Nikon in the USA, Europe or anywhere else for that matter run
    >courses specific to the D3? Looking on the US web site, I only see
    >courses aimed at a wider audience rather than owners of any specific model.

    Had a look at:
    http://www.bythom.com/nikond3guide.htm ?
    , Aug 31, 2008
  11. Dave

    Dave Guest

    wrote:
    > On Thu, 28 Aug 2008 10:14:10 +0100, in rec.photo.digital Dave <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Looking on the European Nikon site, I see they have courses on various
    >> models. But nothing on the D3, which I would have thought is the most
    >> complex of the cameras and so the one with the greatest need for a
    >> course on it. I asked Nikon and got told they do have some planned for
    >> the D3, but there are no dates available yet.
    >>
    >> Has Nikon in the USA, Europe or anywhere else for that matter run
    >> courses specific to the D3? Looking on the US web site, I only see
    >> courses aimed at a wider audience rather than owners of any specific model.

    > Had a look at:
    > http://www.bythom.com/nikond3guide.htm ?

    Yes, I had found that some time back and ordered it about 20 minutes ago.
    Dave, Sep 1, 2008