    They prefer to use their own corporate addresses, but their host does not provide a roaming SMTP server.
    I prefer not having to teach each user how to reconfigure his outbound mail settings based on current connection.
    Any suggestions?
    Harrison, Apr 1, 2004

  2. They should get their own domain hosting and not have to worry about
    "roaming" SMTP.

    --Tina

    --
    http://www.AffordableHOST.com - since 1997
    Problems with your current host?

    Tina - AffordableHOST.com, Apr 1, 2004

  3. On Wed, 31 Mar 2004 19:18:00 -0500, Harrison <Harrison>,wrote:

    >A client is looking for a simple SMTP solution for users who travel.
    >They prefer to use their own corporate addresses, but their host does not provide a roaming SMTP server.
    >I prefer not having to teach each user how to reconfigure his outbound mail settings based on current connection.
    >Any suggestions?

    Change hosts to one that authenticates SMTP with a username and password. Or set
    up two profiles, one for home and one for away.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=22=B0Mike=B0=22?=, Apr 1, 2004
  4. Howdy!

    <Harrison> wrote in message
    > A client is looking for a simple SMTP solution for users who travel.
    > They prefer to use their own corporate addresses, but their host does not

    provide a roaming SMTP server.
    > I prefer not having to teach each user how to reconfigure his outbound

    mail settings based on current connection.
    > Any suggestions?

    Does the host provide webmail?

    If not, I'd suggest that they farm out (or bring inhouse) their
    email, and use a combination that supports Webmail.

    For if you open up SMTP for the rovers, you also increase the risk
    of being used as a spammer relay ...

    RwP
    Ralph Wade Phillips, Apr 2, 2004