    advise me where I might find it? (I am based in London.)

    Thanks for any help you can offer.

    Richard Evans
    Richard Evans, May 12, 2004

  2. Richard Evans

    Alan Browne Guest

    Richard Evans wrote:

    > I have a Nikon F3 + 500mm Nikkor f/1.2.

    B.S.

    --
    --e-meil: there's no such thing as a FreeLunch.--
    Alan Browne, May 12, 2004

  3. Richard Evans

    Thad Guest

    Richard Evans wrote:

    > I have a Nikon F3 + 500mm Nikkor f/1.2. + various other toys. It was a
    > gift from someone

    Funny.. Photodo.com does not have a listing for this lens. Where did you
    buy it..on the moon?

    --

    -Thad L.
    Thad, May 12, 2004
  4. Richard Evans

    Mick Sterbs Guest

    "Richard Evans" <> wrote in message
    > 500mm Nikkor f/1.2.

    Must need a forklift just to pick it up.
    Mick Sterbs, May 12, 2004
  5. Richard Evans

    Guest

    Richard Evans <> wrote:

    > Is there anyone out there who would like to do such a deal or who can
    > advise me where I might find it? (I am based in London.)

    Try advertising our F3 for sale on eBay or local forsale newsgroups.
    , May 12, 2004
  6. Richard Evans

    gsum Guest

    Try www.ffordes.co.uk They might offer a better deal than you've
    had already. I have found that they provide a good service.
    That lens must be worth a bob or two.

    Graham

    gsum, May 12, 2004
  7. Richard Evans

    nospam Guest

    In article <>, Thad
    <> wrote:

    > Richard Evans wrote:
    >
    > > I have a Nikon F3 + 500mm Nikkor f/1.2. + various other toys. It was a
    > > gift from someone

    > Funny.. Photodo.com does not have a listing for this lens. Where did you
    > buy it..on the moon?

    its probably a typo and he meant 50mm f/1.2.
    nospam, May 12, 2004
  8. Richard Evans

    BG250 Guest

    > I have a Nikon F3 + 500mm Nikkor f/1.2. + various other toys. It was a
    > gift from someone who over-estimated my ability to use it.

    I could not use it either. A 500mm f/1.2 lens would be too heavy for me to
    lift. The font element alone would be over 16" in diameter, several inches
    thick in the middle and weigh 30 lbs. Considering all the glass in the lens
    and the heavy aluminum barrel to keep it all in alignemt, the lens may
    exceed 100 lbs!

    bg
    BG250, May 12, 2004
  9. **** Post for FREE via your newsreader at post.usenet.com ****

    "BG250" <> wrote in message
    > "Richard Evans" <> wrote in message
    > > I have a Nikon F3 + 500mm Nikkor f/1.2. + various other toys. It was a
    > > gift from someone who over-estimated my ability to use it.

    > I could not use it either. A 500mm f/1.2 lens would be too heavy for me to
    > lift. The font element alone would be over 16" in diameter, several inches
    > thick in the middle and weigh 30 lbs. Considering all the glass in the

    lens
    > and the heavy aluminum barrel to keep it all in alignemt, the lens may
    > exceed 100 lbs!

    maybe accidental double-typing on the 0 button? :)

    50 f/1.2 seems [a bit more] realistic to me...

    *g*

    --

    deejay

    http://www.usenet.com
    Tomas Daniska, May 12, 2004
  10. Richard Evans

    DSphotog Guest

    > I have a Nikon F3 + 500mm Nikkor f/1.2. + various other toys. It was a
    > gift from someone who over-estimated my ability to use it. As a
    > result, it has probably only ever had a couple of dozen rolls through
    > it.
    >
    > I now need a digital camera, (for my business, not just because they
    > are fashionable!), preferably a Nikon and probably a 5700 or better.
    >
    > Ideally I would like to exchange one for the other, but the only
    > retailers that will offer the facility, value the F3 so low and want
    > such a high price for a 5700, that I would be better off buying a 5700
    > elsewhere with no exchange.
    >
    > I have scoured the ads in various photographic magazines but so far to
    > no avail.
    >
    > Is there anyone out there who would like to do such a deal or who can
    > advise me where I might find it? (I am based in London.)
    >
    > Thanks for any help you can offer.
    >
    > Richard Evans

    Just a quick FYI. KEH Camera in Atlanta, GA, USA has a Nikon 50mm f1.2
    listed for sale for $299.00. Their condition rating is bargain.

    BGN "Bargain" 70-79% of original condition. Shows more than average
    wear. May have dents, dings and a goodly amount of brassing and finish loss.
    Glass may have marks that should not affect picture quality.

    If your 50 1.2 is in reasonably good condition, I think you'd be able
    to get quite a bit for it

    B&H in New York sells a 50mm f1.2 AIS new for $550.00 so I would think that
    $400 - $450 would be reasonable if yours is immaculate.

    I can't get a good read on the F3 as there are several models (F3A, F3HP,
    etc.) Used prices seem to range from a low of $350 for a mint F3 to $1600
    for an equally mint F3HP.

    Hope this helps
    DSphotog, May 12, 2004
  11. Thad <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > Richard Evans wrote:
    >
    > > I have a Nikon F3 + 500mm Nikkor f/1.2. + various other toys. It was a
    > > gift from someone

    > Funny.. Photodo.com does not have a listing for this lens. Where did you
    > buy it..on the moon?

    Greetings earthling Thad.

    I have now decided to include a 50mm Nikkor f/1.2 as the 500mm would
    not function too well in your polluted oxygen-rich atmosphere.

    Thanks also for pointing out that not only am I not an expert
    photographer, I am not an expert proof-reader either.

    Richard
    Richard Evans, May 12, 2004

    Richard Evans, May 12, 2004

    Richard Evans, May 12, 2004
  14. "Mick Sterbs" <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > "Richard Evans" <> wrote in message
    > > 500mm Nikkor f/1.2.

    > Must need a forklift just to pick it up.

    Astonishing what comes out of the woodwork in response to A simple
    typo, but CAN YOU HELP???
    Richard Evans, May 12, 2004

    Richard Evans, May 12, 2004
  16. Alan Browne <> wrote in message news:<6Opoc.173473$>...
    > Richard Evans wrote:
    >
    > > I have a Nikon F3 + 500mm Nikkor f/1.2.

    > B.S.

    I assume that as Mr Browne is apparently from the planet California he
    is unaware that in polite society the abbreviation B.S., has
    disrespectful connotations, which doubtless were unintended.

    Thank you so much.

    Richard Evans
    Richard Evans, May 12, 2004

    Richard Evans, May 12, 2004
  18. Richard Evans

    Thad Guest

    Richard Evans wrote:

    > Thad <> wrote in message
    > > Richard Evans wrote:
    > >
    > > > I have a Nikon F3 + 500mm Nikkor f/1.2. + various other toys. It was a
    > > > gift from someone

    > > Funny.. Photodo.com does not have a listing for this lens. Where did you
    > > buy it..on the moon?

    > Greetings earthling Thad.
    >
    > I have now decided to include a 50mm Nikkor f/1.2 as the 500mm would
    > not function too well in your polluted oxygen-rich atmosphere.
    >
    > Thanks also for pointing out that not only am I not an expert
    > photographer, I am not an expert proof-reader either.
    >
    > Richard

    Anyone can make a mistake. There are quite a few jerks around here.
    Sorry. I thought you might be trolling.

    --

    -Thad L.
    Thad, May 12, 2004
  19. Richard Evans

    Thad Guest

    Richard Evans wrote:

    > Alan Browne <> wrote in message
    > > Richard Evans wrote:
    > >
    > > > I have a Nikon F3 + 500mm Nikkor f/1.2.

    > > B.S.

    > I assume that as Mr Browne is apparently from the planet California he
    > is unaware that in polite society the abbreviation B.S., has
    > disrespectful connotations, which doubtless were unintended.
    >
    > Thank you so much.
    >
    > Richard Evans

    Do you need to post each reply 3 times? And no, the .ca stands for
    Canada, not California.

    --

    -Thad L.
    Thad, May 12, 2004
  20. Richard Evans <> wrote:

    > I have a Nikon F3 + 500mm Nikkor f/1.2. + various other toys. It was a
    > gift from someone who over-estimated my ability to use it. As a
    > result, it has probably only ever had a couple of dozen rolls through
    > it.
    >
    > I now need a digital camera, (for my business, not just because they
    > are fashionable!), preferably a Nikon and probably a 5700 or better.
    >
    > Ideally I would like to exchange one for the other, but the only
    > retailers that will offer the facility, value the F3 so low and want
    > such a high price for a 5700, that I would be better off buying a 5700
    > elsewhere with no exchange.

    Since you have an excellent lens (and yes, I know it is a 50, not 500),
    you might consider keeping the lens and buying a D70 body. You could
    sell the F3 body, or keep it too if you think you might need a film
    camera in the future, although for most people, once you go digital you
    won't go back.
    Scott Richter, May 13, 2004