    Can i find some really early registry back-ups somewhere, and if
    so....where?
    ALL THE BEST - FRED - MORPH

    Fred-C-, May 14, 2005

  2. Fred-C-

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Fred-C-" <fred-C@nospam> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I tried to get rid of a program out of the ADD/Remove programs in that
    > specific list.. I didn't think i had 'Office Premium' so i went to the
    > registry and deleted the data in the 'uninstall' string.
    > NOW I cannot accesss ANY of the following: FRONTPAGE,WORD,EXCEL, etc...
    >
    > When i run them i get an errorr message that says ''This Application needs
    > to be installed to run...install it from the original location from where
    > you got the App''
    >
    > The thing is, i have a upgrade winME Disk i used to put WinME on my Comp.
    >
    > ANY IDEAS PLEASE GUYS AND GALS, Much Appreciated..really!!
    > Can i find some really early registry back-ups somewhere, and if
    > so....where?
    > ALL THE BEST - FRED - MORPH

    Your WinME disk has nothing whatsover to do with your Microsoft Office
    software - it's an entirely different program, disk set, CD Key, etc. If you
    don't have the Office setup CD and the proper key, you're screwed.

    So STAY THE BLOODY HELL OUT of your registry, moron!

    Toolman Tim, May 14, 2005

  3. Fred-C-

    philo Guest

    On Fri, 13 May 2005 18:00:51 -0700, Toolman Tim wrote:

    > "Fred-C-" <fred-C@nospam> wrote in message
    >>I tried to get rid of a program out of the ADD/Remove programs in that
    >> specific list.. I didn't think i had 'Office Premium' so i went to the
    >> registry and deleted the data in the 'uninstall' string.
    >> NOW I cannot accesss ANY of the following: FRONTPAGE,WORD,EXCEL, etc...
    >>
    >> When i run them i get an errorr message that says ''This Application needs
    >> to be installed to run...install it from the original location from where
    >> you got the App''
    >>
    >> The thing is, i have a upgrade winME Disk i used to put WinME on my Comp.
    >>
    >> ANY IDEAS PLEASE GUYS AND GALS, Much Appreciated..really!!
    >> Can i find some really early registry back-ups somewhere, and if
    >> so....where?
    >> ALL THE BEST - FRED - MORPH
    >>

    > Your WinME disk has nothing whatsover to do with your Microsoft Office
    > software - it's an entirely different program, disk set, CD Key, etc. If you
    > don't have the Office setup CD and the proper key, you're screwed.

    Possibly, however you may be able to restore the registry or perform a
    system restore...to the point prior to your registry editing

    philo, May 14, 2005
  4. Fred-C-

    doS Guest

    Reinstall the apps.

    doS, May 14, 2005
  5. Fred-C-

    nos1eep Guest

    >I tried to get rid of a program out of the ADD/Remove programs in that
    > specific list.. I didn't think i had 'Office Premium' so i went to the
    > registry and deleted the data in the 'uninstall' string.
    > NOW I cannot accesss ANY of the following: FRONTPAGE,WORD,EXCEL, etc...
    >
    > When i run them i get an errorr message that says ''This Application needs
    > to be installed to run...install it from the original location from where
    > you got the App''
    >
    > The thing is, i have a upgrade winME Disk i used to put WinME on my Comp.
    >
    > ANY IDEAS PLEASE GUYS AND GALS, Much Appreciated..really!!
    > Can i find some really early registry back-ups somewhere, and if
    > so....where?
    > ALL THE BEST - FRED - MORPH

    Go to Control Panel, Add and Remove Program, select Microsoft Office, select
    Change and then select repair.

    nos1eep, May 14, 2005
  6. Fred-C-

    Sultan Guest

    "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in

    > "Fred-C-" <fred-C@nospam> wrote in message
    >>I tried to get rid of a program out of the ADD/Remove programs in

    that
    >> specific list.. I didn't think i had 'Office Premium' so i went to
    >> the registry and deleted the data in the 'uninstall' string.
    >> NOW I cannot accesss ANY of the following: FRONTPAGE,WORD,EXCEL,
    >> etc...
    >>
    >> When i run them i get an errorr message that says ''This

    Application
    >> needs to be installed to run...install it from the original

    location
    >> from where you got the App''
    >>
    >> The thing is, i have a upgrade winME Disk i used to put WinME on

    my
    >> Comp.
    >>
    >> ANY IDEAS PLEASE GUYS AND GALS, Much Appreciated..really!!
    >> Can i find some really early registry back-ups somewhere, and if
    >> so....where?
    >> ALL THE BEST - FRED - MORPH
    >>

    > Your WinME disk has nothing whatsover to do with your Microsoft

    Office
    > software - it's an entirely different program, disk set, CD Key,

    etc.
    > If you don't have the Office setup CD and the proper key, you're
    > screwed.
    >
    > So STAY THE BLOODY HELL OUT of your registry, moron!

    If he has an pirated copy of Office then justice has been served.

    --

    Sultan

    Sultan, May 14, 2005
  7. Fred-C-

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Sultan" <> wrote in message
    > "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in
    >

    >> "Fred-C-" <fred-C@nospam> wrote in message
    >>>I tried to get rid of a program out of the ADD/Remove programs in

    > that
    >>> specific list.. I didn't think i had 'Office Premium' so i went to
    >>> the registry and deleted the data in the 'uninstall' string.
    >>> NOW I cannot accesss ANY of the following: FRONTPAGE,WORD,EXCEL,
    >>> etc...
    >>>
    >>> When i run them i get an errorr message that says ''This

    > Application
    >>> needs to be installed to run...install it from the original

    > location
    >>> from where you got the App''
    >>>
    >>> The thing is, i have a upgrade winME Disk i used to put WinME on

    > my
    >>> Comp.
    >>>
    >>> ANY IDEAS PLEASE GUYS AND GALS, Much Appreciated..really!!
    >>> Can i find some really early registry back-ups somewhere, and if
    >>> so....where?
    >>> ALL THE BEST - FRED - MORPH
    >>>

    >> Your WinME disk has nothing whatsover to do with your Microsoft

    > Office
    >> software - it's an entirely different program, disk set, CD Key,

    > etc.
    >> If you don't have the Office setup CD and the proper key, you're
    >> screwed.
    >>
    >> So STAY THE BLOODY HELL OUT of your registry, moron!
    >>

    > If he has an pirated copy of Office then justice has been served.

    Quite. I have no compassion for pirates. Nor for idiots, which this
    particular Fred has proven himself to be many many times in the last year.
    He did get his computer used, IIRC, and Office may have been already on it.
    Lot's of people sell/give away used computers without regard for software
    licensing, but that is certainly no excuse.

    Toolman Tim, May 14, 2005
  8. Fred-C-

    Paul - xxx Guest

    Fred-C- came up with the following;:

    > When i run them i get an errorr message that says ''This Application needs
    > to be installed to run...install it from the original location from where
    > you got the App''
    >
    > The thing is, i have a upgrade winME Disk i used to put WinME on my Comp.

    You need the CD that you installed MS Office from.

    --
    Paul ...
    (8(|) Homer Rules ..... Doh !!!

    Paul - xxx, May 14, 2005
  9. Fred-C-

    127.0.0.1 Guest

    "Sultan" <> wrote in message
    > "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in
    >

    >> "Fred-C-" <fred-C@nospam> wrote in message
    >>>I tried to get rid of a program out of the ADD/Remove programs in

    > that
    >>> specific list.. I didn't think i had 'Office Premium' so i went to
    >>> the registry and deleted the data in the 'uninstall' string.
    >>> NOW I cannot accesss ANY of the following: FRONTPAGE,WORD,EXCEL,
    >>> etc...

    > If he has an pirated copy of Office then justice has been served.

    that depends...
    who's the pirate? microsoft or the consumer?

    you can google most of microsoft's unlawful practices.
    stealing from thieves isn't what i consider a bad thing.

    -a|ex

    127.0.0.1, May 22, 2005
  10. Fred-C-

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "127.0.0.1" <get.rooted@localhost> wrote in message

    > "Sultan" <> wrote in message
    >> "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in
    >>

    >>> "Fred-C-" <fred-C@nospam> wrote in message

    >> that
    >>>

    >> If he has an pirated copy of Office then justice has been served.
    >>

    > that depends...
    > who's the pirate? microsoft or the consumer?
    >
    > you can google most of microsoft's unlawful practices.
    > stealing from thieves isn't what i consider a bad thing.

    Maybe not to you, but stealing from theives is *still* stealing.

    Toolman Tim, May 22, 2005
  11. Fred-C-

    Sultan Guest

    > that depends...
    > who's the pirate? microsoft or the consumer?
    >
    > you can google most of microsoft's unlawful practices.
    > stealing from thieves isn't what i consider a bad thing.
    >
    > -a|ex

    stealing is stealing is stealing. No gray areas there.

    Look at what you just wrote and answer me this: If you have a pirated copy
    of Office on your pc at home then it's ok for me to come over and steal
    your pc, your tv, cd's, dvd's and stereo? Just following your logic cause
    after all stealing from a thief isn't considered a bad thing...right?
    --

    Sultan

    Sultan, May 22, 2005