    authority and I am the admin on our home network. I was wondering how to get
    rid of this. I cannot figure out how to remove the entire work group or even
    if that would take care of the problem. Any help would be appreciated.

    =?Utf-8?B?dmxiYXlzYWlsb3I=?=, Aug 2, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?dmxiYXlzYWlsb3I=?=

    Malke Guest

    vlbaysailor wrote:

    > I have an unknown computer in my workgroup. I suspect it is some type
    > of
    > virus/worm or invader. I cannot get access to it, says I don't have
    > authority and I am the admin on our home network. I was wondering how
    > to get
    > rid of this. I cannot figure out how to remove the entire work group
    > or even
    > if that would take care of the problem. Any help would be
    > appreciated.

    What is the name of the unknown computer? What protection do you have in
    place (antivirus, firewalls, etc.)? How do you connect to the Internet
    (method, ISP, hardware such as router, etc.)?

    In the meantime, ensure that all computers are clean. Here are some
    general malware removal steps:

    If there is any infestation on any machine, all machines should be taken
    off the network and cleaned individually.

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com

    Malke, Aug 2, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?dmxiYXlzYWlsb3I=?=

    Clark Guest

    Are you running wireless? Have you tried turning off computers to see which
    one it is, if it is one of yours? Can all of your computers see it?

    I suppose it might be some type of "ghost" entry, but this is just
    spectulation.

    Clark

    Clark, Aug 2, 2005