    of paper). I am working hard a studying hard to pass the rest of my MCSE
    test and would like to see that my certification has value.

    Rick Sears, CompTIA A+, Network + Server+, Microsoft MCP
    Rick Sears, Jul 30, 2003

  2. My personal opinion only, that seems like it would be squelching free
    speech. These communities are set up for people interested is the topics
    covered by these communities to have an open forum to discuss them in, and
    provide a place so that you can also reach Microsoft people that work in or
    on a given product or area. For blocking certain opinions, I think the
    community can take care of most of that and we do have information regarding
    what is allowed and not allowed on these forums.

    As for cheating on certification exams, I agree that people should learn the
    skills to become qualified and should not just learn the answers to a
    specific exam. That would be like going to school (primary, secondary) and
    getting the answers to every exam, but knowledge gaining the skills and
    knowledge behind those exams. When you came out, you may have the degree (or
    certification that you completed) but you wouldn't have the skills the
    credential represented. In essence, you would be cheating yourself, not
    anyone else. When you went to get a job or use the skills and you found you
    didn't possess the skills you should, you would most likely fail at the job
    you were hired for. This does make it tough for someone trying to hire a
    person for a job to determine who is qualified and who is not and that is
    bad.

    I am extremely pleased to hear that you are learning the skills needed and
    know that your diligence in gaining the skills will pay off.

    --
    Andy Ruth
    Microsoft Training and Certification

    rights.

    "Rick Sears" <> wrote in message
    > All of the moronic advertising for things like cram sessions.com and other
    > brain dumps erks me. I do not understand why MS does not filter those

    post.
    > After all when people cheat it makes the value of the certification go

    down.
    > Was there not talk of making the 2000 test tougher (Compared to NT4) so
    > that there would be less paper MCSEs (translated into morons with the

    piece

    Andy Ruth [MS], Jul 30, 2003

  3. I agree with you Rick regarding the brain dump crap on here. BUT I do not
    think it wise for MS to contain or filter free speech. The morons merely
    show MS that they are violating the agreements they sign each time they take
    an MS exam.

    Diana K Brown, Jul 30, 2003
  4. Rick Sears

    chris kirk Guest

    re:

    i agree that people using brain dumps to memorize
    questions is not only wrong, but breaks your MS agreement
    as an MCP. i am however against Microsoft filtering
    content on these message boards. the braindumpers will get
    their just reward when they try to actually work in the
    field when they can't complete the simplest task. i also
    agree with grog that cramsession is NOT a baindump site.
    it points you to the right material to study so you can
    pass unlike MCSEbraindumps.com which just gives you test
    answers ( who is giving them these answers??? and what is
    being done to them??) i have worked and studied hard myself
    to get my certs and am also somewhat threatened by these
    paper MCSE's who have memoized all the answers, however i
    am not going to slam on others who do so. i only hope
    employers ( as well as Microsoft)will be smart enough to
    tell the difference.

    Chris Kirk
    (MCP,MCSA, A+, Network+)
    chris kirk, Jul 30, 2003
  5. Rick Sears

    Rick Sears Guest

    Re: re:

    Thanks for all the replies. I was just venting about my situation. After
    spending 12 years working my way up the food chain I am stuck. Unfortunately
    with 2 associates Degrees (one Programming and one Telecommunications
    Management) I am having a hard time pursuing new employment. I also attended
    official Microsoft MCSE classes last year which does not seem to add any
    weight to your resume. It appears that without actually having a BS and MCSE
    I will not be able to progress up the next step of the ladder.

    However there is a positive result to this frustrations, I have become
    highly motivated. I set a personal goal of passing a MCSE test every two to
    four weeks until I finish. So far I have passed 2 test in 3 weeks and am
    determined to keep on those books until I have both my MCSA and MCSE.

    Rick Sears, Jul 31, 2003
  6. Hi Andy,

    can't microsoft do something useful against these braindumps page (like
    www.mcsebraindumps.com, www.examheaven.com and much more) ? Like closing, or
    something like that ?

    Another thing is that the "Arbeitsamt" in Germany (an institute, when you
    loose your work you will get money from them until you have a new job, or
    free trainings to become for example an MCSE 2000 called
    "Networkadministrator") has created so much MCSE 2000 in the Year 2000-2001
    that when you say that you're an SE, laughings are break out by the people
    around here (saying mcse and thinking about much money to earn) and
    everybody belives that you are one of those billion cheaters on earth, that
    all are only cheators. Some persons do really think they are cheating by
    using the braindumps (with wrong answers, too) and then earning as much
    money as a firm owner.

    Makes it hard for the real personel like me to stay credible until you gain
    the change to speak to these persons.

    --
    Regards,

    Roger Wassner
    MCSE+I(NT4), MCSE 2000, MCSA, MCP+I

    Roger Wassner, Jul 31, 2003
  7. Rick Sears

    chris kirk Guest

    re

    just keep that motivation. the tech market is a bit slow
    everywhere now. It is predicted to pick up soon.
    (hopefully)
    chris kirk

    chris kirk, Jul 31, 2003
  8. Re: re:

    Rick, keep it up, do not let go. I ahave an Associates Degree, a Bachelor's
    Degree and a JD, with 10 years exp in computer hardware and OS. But w/o
    MCSE no job. Been unemployed over a year. Got an interview today for
    dishwasher!

    Diana K Brown, Jul 31, 2003
  9. Rick Sears

    Paisleyskye Guest

    I agree with you 100%, and it is so nice to hear someone else say it. I hate
    hearing about braindumps, I hate braindump sites, and I hate companies that
    make a profit on braindumps. I think its ridiculous that so many can get
    certified just by spending $50.

    I think part of the reason Microsoft doesn't filter the newsgroup is
    because this way, they can see who is using them, who isn't, and where
    people are buying them from. What better way to find out who the braindump
    retailers are, than to look in their own newsgroup? It may not be why, but
    it wouldn't surprise me.
    --
    Tracey J. Rosenblath
    www.icertify.net

    Paisleyskye, Aug 3, 2003
  10. Rick Sears

    Paisleyskye Guest

    I forgot to mention in my last post, that I do agree with the consensus
    regarding cramsession and transcender. Cramsessions study guides are
    nothing like a braindump, and are more like mini-books - as one person said,
    they are similar to Exam Cram and Passport, only smaller. Transcender
    questions are nothing like the real exam, and in fact are harder in most
    cases than the real exams.

    When I said I hate sites sites that sell braindumps and braindump sites, I
    was referring to sites like mcsebraindumps, cram4exams, testking, and the
    like.

    Just wanted to clarify on that.
    --
    Tracey J. Rosenblath
    www.icertify.net

    Paisleyskye, Aug 3, 2003
  11. Rick Sears

    newssvr Guest

    Transcender is in *no way* "Microsoft authorized." There are practice test
    providers that we do endorse, but Transcender is not one of them.

    --
    Ken Rosen
    Product Manager
    "Kilo The MagnifiKat" <> wrote in message
    > Transcender is Microsoft authorised. To classify it as 'braindump' is to
    > make a fool of microsoft.
    > "Grog in Ohio" <> wrote in message
    > > It may also be a bit of a stretch to paint CramSession.com as a

    braindump.
    > > I've seen braindumps and I can tell you that the CramSession's notes are
    > > nowhere near a braindump. I know some folks like to accuse Transcender

    of
    > > being an expensive braindump, but I beg to differ on that too. There's

    > > clear difference between study guides like Cramsession (that point you

    > > stuff you need to learn) and practice exams (like Transcender that if

    you

    newssvr, Aug 4, 2003
  12. Rick Sears

    Ron Williams Guest

    Oh dont worry Rick...

    Just wait until they have to take the 2003 upgrade (2210)
    course....just beat them all to that, and it wont matter
    if they try to water down the value of your MCSE.
    Actually 2209 and 2210...Dont worry about what everyone
    else is doing and just get ahead of the game. Get that
    2003 upgrade under your belt as soon as you finish your
    MCSEs...Good luck to you.

    If you know of anyone in the Southern California area
    needing IT training, let me know.

    Regards,

    Ron Williams

    Ron Williams, Aug 11, 2003