HAVE A NICE (AND WARM) THANKSGIVING

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by pcbutts1, Nov 25, 2004.

  1. pcbutts1

    pcbutts1 Guest

    A young man named John received a parrot as a gift. The parrot had a bad
    attitude and an even worse vocabulary. Every word out of the bird's mouth
    was rude, obnoxious and laced with profanity. John tried to change the
    bird's manner by consistently saying only polite words, playing soft music,
    and anything else he could think of to clean up the bird's vocabulary.

    Finally, John was fed up and he yelled at the parrot. The parrot yelled
    back. John shook the parrot and the parrot got angrier and even ruder. John,
    in desperation, threw up his hands, grabbed the bird and put him in the
    freezer. For a few minutes the parrot squawked and kicked and screamed. Then
    suddenly there was total quiet. Not a peep was heard for over a minute.
    Fearing that he'd hurt the parrot, John quickly opened the door to the
    freezer. The parrot calmly stepped out onto John's outstretched arms and
    said "I believe I may have offended you with my rude language and actions.
    I'm sincerely remorseful for my inappropriate transgressions and I fully
    intend to do everything I can to correct my rude and unforgivable behavior."

    John was stunned at the change in the bird's attitude. As he was about to
    ask the parrot what had made such a dramatic change in his behavior, the
    bird continued, "May I ask what the turkey did?"

    pcbutts1, Nov 25, 2004

  2. pcbutts1

    Old Gringo Guest

    pcbutts1 wrote:
    > A young man named John received a parrot as a gift. The parrot had a bad
    > attitude and an even worse vocabulary. Every word out of the bird's mouth
    > was rude, obnoxious and laced with profanity. John tried to change the
    > bird's manner by consistently saying only polite words, playing soft music,
    > and anything else he could think of to clean up the bird's vocabulary.
    >
    > Finally, John was fed up and he yelled at the parrot. The parrot yelled
    > back. John shook the parrot and the parrot got angrier and even ruder. John,
    > in desperation, threw up his hands, grabbed the bird and put him in the
    > freezer. For a few minutes the parrot squawked and kicked and screamed. Then
    > suddenly there was total quiet. Not a peep was heard for over a minute.
    > Fearing that he'd hurt the parrot, John quickly opened the door to the
    > freezer. The parrot calmly stepped out onto John's outstretched arms and
    > said "I believe I may have offended you with my rude language and actions.
    > I'm sincerely remorseful for my inappropriate transgressions and I fully
    > intend to do everything I can to correct my rude and unforgivable behavior."
    >
    > John was stunned at the change in the bird's attitude. As he was about to
    > ask the parrot what had made such a dramatic change in his behavior, the
    > bird continued, "May I ask what the turkey did?"

    Fun :) Happy Thanksgiving

    --
    Old Gringo George
    Just West Of Nowhere