    I am running Windows XP, and just recieved a new modem, also running Windows XP. I am trying to get the laptop to be in the same network with my other two computers, and can not seem to do it. What should I do?

    Thanks,
    Stuart

    =?Utf-8?B?U3R1?=, Jul 27, 2004

  2. =?Utf-8?B?U3R1?=

    Jack Guest

    Hi.
    What New Modem means?
    What method you are using to connect the Laptop to the Network.
    To be on the same network the Laptop needs to be connected to the Network.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Stu" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have home network setup with two computers, connected to a SMC router

    which is connected to the internet through my DSL connection. This is
    working wonderfully.

    Jack, Jul 28, 2004

  3. HI Jack,

    Thank you for responding. Sorry, I have a new laptop, and am trying to connect it to my home network without success. I have not destroyed my existing network in the process, so I need to start from the beginning. Can you help and guide me to do that, create a network with two PCS, one laptop, all running XP, through a SMC router?

    Thanks,
    Stuart

    =?Utf-8?B?U3R1?=, Jul 28, 2004
  4. Sorry, and the laptop is connected wirelessly.

    =?Utf-8?B?U3R1?=, Jul 28, 2004
  5. =?Utf-8?B?U3R1?=

    Jack Guest

    Hi.

    Assuming that your Router is a Wireless Cable/DSL Router.

    Try to follow the instructions in the following pages.

    Connection Diagram: http://www.ezlan.net/~network/router.jpg

    Basic Configuration: http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Config.html

    Basic Wireless Security: http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Security.html

    File Sharing: http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html