    tips on the Hauppauge site with no luck.

    Any help much appreciated

    Bob

    Bob, Apr 11, 2005

  2. Bob

    FML Guest

    Bob spewed forth...

    > I have one of these, connected to a computer running Windows XP.
    > I am feeding a known good colour signal into the S-Video connector but
    > only getting a black and white image. It's a good strong pic with no
    > interference but B&W!
    > I can't find anything in the setting which might be causing this, any
    > ideas? I have downloaded the latest drivers etc, and followed through
    > the few brief tips on the Hauppauge site with no luck.
    >
    > Any help much appreciated
    >

    > Bob

    I had a similar problem with a different video capture/tv board. It turned
    out to be the NTSC/PAL setting was wrong. Once I set it to NTSC (US), all
    was good. Hope this helps.

    FML, Apr 12, 2005

  3. Bob

    Bob Guest

    "FML" <> wrote in message
    > Bob spewed forth...
    >
    >> I have one of these, connected to a computer running Windows XP.
    >> I am feeding a known good colour signal into the S-Video connector but
    >> only getting a black and white image. It's a good strong pic with no
    >> interference but B&W!
    >> I can't find anything in the setting which might be causing this, any
    >> ideas? I have downloaded the latest drivers etc, and followed through
    >> the few brief tips on the Hauppauge site with no luck.
    >>
    >> Any help much appreciated
    >>

    >> Bob
    >>

    > I had a similar problem with a different video capture/tv board. It turned
    > out to be the NTSC/PAL setting was wrong. Once I set it to NTSC (US), all
    > was good. Hope this helps.

    Thanks, that did the trick! The original version of the software wouldn't
    let me switch TV standards, I reloaded it and bingo!

    Many thanks

    Bob, Apr 12, 2005